Create Account

S68 PT #1: Knuckle Sandwich Due: November 27th @ 11:59 PM (PST

Player prompt

Dusty Rhodes is definitely that guy. He was signed to Anchorage for just that reason, to protect his teammates and to send messages to the opponents that the Armada will not be pushed around. Rhodes idol is Bob Probert and he has patterned his game completely like Probert. He came into the SMJHL with a reputation as someone not to be messed with and to this point that has certainly been the case. Noone has taken up Rhodes on a fight at all in his career. In fact he is one of the least penalized players on the armada. This is most likely due to his reputation preceding him and other players are afraid to throw down the gloves with Rhodes. You'd think however at least once someone would try to see if that reputation was indeed a fact and test his skills but to date noone has been brave enough. Rhodes keeps waiting and will be ready when called upon to light up the opposition.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

As a rookie with the Regina Elk Major Junior hockey team, I walked into a tight knit locker room with incredible veteran leadership. The Elk players were not striving for individual glory; they were a herd. A we before me mentality. And while that became clear to outsiders by season's end (where our team play led us to a 2nd place finish), it was in the first game of the preseason when I came to know what it meant to be part of the herd.

The first period was a chippy affair, with St. Louis playing a physical game. In the intermission, with the score tied 1-1, our captain DAD made one thing clear: if they come after us, we're coming for them. Sure enough when the second period started Jeff Santiago laid a dirty hit on new arrival Lord Farquaads and it was on. Angry Gilmore, his D partner, skated right at Santiago and the gloves were off. After a bit of jostling, Gilmore steadied himself and - BAM - absolutely clocked Jeff.

Now in my second season, I know what to do to protect the herd. If anyone tries anything dirty against one of the Elk, they're getting a blocker to the wind pipe. You've been warned.

[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] [Image: zmWhIQu.png]

Player Prompt
Evgeni Petrov does not need the coaches instructions to fight. With the coach making the plan, Evgeni simply skates away from the bench and picks his opponent, the opposing teams coach. Evgeni has fought many times before, usually large game or Russian poaching officers, so the frail old man in the suit behind the bench is nothing for him. He skates to the bench and grabs the opposing coach before he starts spinning him like a top while the other players and referees look on in extreme horror. Evgeni starts screaming about the honor of the game while the opposing goalie skates out to stop him, to which Evgeni responds by flinging the coach at the goalie, hitting him and launching both of them backwards into the opposing teams now vacated net. Evgeni skates over to the referees and simply goes “I score twice” as he tries to fight the remainder of the opposing team thus resulting in the game being a forfeit for Atlanta.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

I think when it comes to fighting, the NHL seems to have moved past the need for it. It used to be the big draw of the sport while there was a bit of a lag in star power, but as more people appreciate the talent of players like McDavid Matthews and Mackinnon, there’s less of a desire to go and watch the fights. I think the other aspect to is its healthier for the players that fights aren’t happening. One of my favorite players as a kid was Derek Boogaard, and it broke my heart when he died. Between guys like him, Rypien, Probert, and others, theres no need for people to die young to fight on the ice. Are fights ever going to fully disappear? No. Sometimes you need to stick up for a player who was cheapshot, or go after someone who took a run at the goalie. But I think we’re past the need of fighting for momentum.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

I would consider myself not to do that as a goalie I like to stay calm cool and collected with my emotions. I like to help out my team as much as possible. I say that it is the best thing to do is if we are down then we can fight and help out if need be to strengthen the team. I think that I can get in their and hold my own if need be though I'm strong and can sling them if needed. I wanted to do the best for my squad so anything can and will happen as I can lose a temper. I want to win so sometimes that gets in my head and I want people to know it's okay to fight and we can continue it in the sport. I want to fight hard but fair I think this is the way to play I think it helps team if I do that if a team-mate fights over myself.

169 words
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2022, 03:38 PM by slothfacekilla. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Graphic Task: Show me your player during a scuffle! If they aren't the type to get into fights, show me them grabbing a player on the other team to watch from a safe distance. 

[Image: base_pack_fight_pt.png]

Sorry @RenoJacksonHS

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Because he wants to be a goal scorer Meowski is not really a big fighter. He is definitely a believe in fighting but he himself does not enjoy fighting other players. He is more so a scrapper. He is someone who at times may get 2 minutes for roughing but not a full five minutes for fighting. It all comes down to being a cat playing hockey. Cat's don't fully throw down unless they really don't like someone. Same as Meowski. He doesn't full commit to throwing down but he'll tussle here and there. He'll throw an extra elbow or something in the boards fighting for a puck. He definitely at times will be an agitator to other players when he is fighting for the pucks or quite literally clawing for the goal. I think a team needs one goon and a few scrappers to fight for some of those pucks and set up those better scoring chances. Meowski is definitely a scrapper

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Hockey Prompt

Going to be honest and say I don't really care all that much for fighting in hockey and wouldn't be too upset if if was taken out of the game completely. That being said, since its still allowed I believe there is a time and place for it. The officiating seems to be going down the toilet lately and you see a lot of games getting out of control, players taking cheap shots without any consequences from the referees. This is where I believe fighting can serve positively, send out that one guy that every team has to drop the gloves and try to settle things down. I absolutely detest players that start fights just for the sake of fighting, or trying to "spark" their team. Its senseless and only increases risk of injury in the moment or long term like CTE. These fights always seem lopsided too with a goon taking a more skilled player with them to the box putting the one team at a disadvantage.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Pete Aleman has always had a really split view on fighting in hockey. As a rough 'n rowdy rambler from his youth, Pete got into all sorts of scuffles on the street: other kids at school, other kids on the ice... but growing up in the shadow of a great player like his father made him think that there might be a greater game that can be played without throwing fists. On the other hand, Pete also looks at himself as a defender of his teammates. He's fiercely loyal and if a friend of his is taking some bad hits, he feels the opponents should have to deal with the consequences.

In total, Aleman doesn't think that fighting truly has a place in hockey. The game is about so much more. However, given it exists in the current form, he is willing to be the one to throw the gloves when necessary.

Knights Update Thread Knights 

Knights Player Info Knights
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2022, 04:49 PM by aleks. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: card.png]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Dwayne Gretzky is a hugger, not a fighter. He likes to whisper sweet nothings into his opponents ear as he skates right by them. He has no interest in trying to prove how much testosterone he has simply by trying to fight people. Starting a scuffle is too easy; it takes brains to beat the other team; something the goons usually do not have much of. There seems to be a shortage of scruples among the players that think throwing a punch is their best option. Dwayne uses his knowledge of the game to destroy his opponent. He is a master tactician that knows his limits. Why fight if you don't need to? That is what he preaches. The fighters are desperate people that lack the talent to do otherwise. Gretzky reaps the benefits of being a hard working player that has earned his stripes through complete and utter effort. He wishes the rest of the league had done the same.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Player Prompt:
No way is Collin Gibbles going to be the one to drop the gloves, and the coaches should all know this by now. Gibbles rarely if ever has gotten into a fight in the SHL. He would view himself being off the ice as a worse fate for the team compared to the morale boost from him winning a fight. He also isn't nearly as young and fired up as he was in his youth so he would rather one of the young guns step up if someone has too. After all, he has gone his entire career without injury and plans to continue that streak as long as possible. The few fights Gibbles has been in either ended in a tie or with him silently skating to the penalty box as the victor. Overall Gibbles does his best not to let the other team under his skin to the point they would start a fight, he would rather beat them on the scoreboard and on the ice.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Hockey Prompt

I think fighting absolutely has a place in hockey.  I think the idea of fighting in hockey draws a lot of fans to the game, and probably draws more people in then it pushes away.  Do I think kids should fight when they play?  No.  But hell, college level and up, it should be good to go.  Great way to send a message to the other team, great way to work out some frustration, great way to even the odds.  At the end of the day, it is a part of the game and I don't think hockey would have the same charm for me that it does now if fighting was no longer a part of it.  How does it affect head injuries?  Honestly, who gives a fuck.  I would care more if it were like football and concussions, where kids have to bang helmets together every play throughout their childhood.  But as an adult?  You know the risk.  Don't fight if you don't want to risk injury.  It is that simple.  It will be interesting to see how the future of fighting shapes up in the NHL.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]