Create Account

S67 San Fran Pride Awards and S68 Captains

Hello! These are definitely on time this season and the SHL season is set to start tomorrow, right? Well I’ve returned from my vacation in Paldea and I owe these to the team and thank everyone for their patience and for their votes for our S67 internal team awards over the past week! It was a long off-season for the Pride to say the least. After being eliminated in horrific sweep fashion at the hands of the eventual champs, it was time to rebuild and look towards the future here in San Francisco. We’ve said farewell to many of the faces that we’ve often see in these awards and we will see a couple one last time in this post. I wish all the players who have moved on to stronger teams the best with the rest of the season and hopefully some great success!

Typically we start this thing off with acknowledgment to the players who were nominated or won individual awards at the SHL ceremony but we don’t have any for this go around. I look forward to seeing us back to acknowledging award nominees whenever we are fighting for league championship wins again. At the end of this post we’ll also be announcing the captains for the remainder of the S68 season so be sure to read through or skip to the end to see who gets those honours! Without further ado, here is the first award being presented tonight! 

The Geronimo Otto Award
The typical first award presented is the Geronimo Otto award that we present to the member who was regarded as having the best leadership throughout the season. While on-ice contributions can be considered, we typically see members who helped lead the Discord locker room throughout the season, especially in the face of our elimination. Our nominees this season…

Kev Kevens @Keven
Rikard Bjerg @AgentSmith630
Petr Svoboda @artermis

We have some usual faces that have been nominated for the Otto time and time again over the past few seasons. Smith continues to receive praise for building this community and continuing to be a big part of things. For players who find themselves on new homes we’ve got Arty/Scorboda who has been a constant voice in the locker room as well for us over the seasons and we’ve got Kev who has always been one of the most pleasant members in the locker room. All of these guys deserve the nomination and even the award themselves but the team has voted for one winner…

pride Rikard Bjerg pride

Constantly one of the leaders of the team, Smith has been a mainstay for the Pride and it’s going to be hard to see his player move on at the end of the season. He has helped lead this team through rough seasons and was a face for us constantly setting new landmarks for defensive defenders to hope to achieve. Smith as a user and player helped define the recent attempts at a championship and we hope to see Smith back around again!

The Kelly Rivet Award
The next award that we’ll be handing out is the Kelly Rivet Award. This award is presented to who the Pride vote on as our on-ice team MVP. We saw some real strong performances and the Pride have voted for...

Kev Kevens @Keven
Rikard Bjerg @AgentSmith630
Petr Svoboda @artermis
Miguel Hefeweizen @ZootTX

Well we see everyone who was nominated for the Otto award being nominated for the team-voted MVP as well which checks out! We saw a lot of players step up with Scorboda crossing the point-per-game mark for the first time in his career. We’ve seen Kev put up another solid performance. We saw Bejrg continue to wow with a strong takeaway to giveaway ratio leading the team defensively again and we saw the rise of Miguel who has been clawing at being our top performer for seasons now and is someone who will help lead a Winnipeg dynasty it seems. There can only be one winner though and the Pride have selected… 

pride Miguel Hefeweizen! pride

It’s hard to deny the effort that Miguel put out on the ice. He led the team with 77 points through the campaign and was our goal leader as well. As I mentioned it seemed that Miguel was always just about there when it came to huge performances and I’m glad that it finally happened! Zoot seems to be on the same pace now with Winnipeg and will hopefully enjoy a few seasons at this pace! 

The Jack Tanner Award
Our next award that will be handed out for this ceremony is the Jack Tanner Award. This award is for the player who has been voted most underrated on the team and across the league. This award last season received quite the controversial vote with seven of our members receiving one vote but this go around the team is very decided and there are only two nominees this go around! Our nominees...

Osada Tamura @Gregarious
Leon Anthansios @Spartan

Last season I used my tie-breaking vote to give the Tanner to Osada who has been a consistent contribution to the team in the goal crease. Osada continues to help the team out with doing whatever he can to keep a weaker roster in things which is not an easy task at all. Osada stole games for us in the past and will continue to do so. The other nominee for this award is Leon who is probably one of the better pick-ups the team made in the past season. Quietly anchoring our third unit, Leon almost cracked the 30-goal mark! The winner this season…

pride Leon Anthansios! pride

Spartan! Over the seasons Spartan has become quite involved in the locker room and is someone that we are thrilled to have around. Leon shows everyone that strong campaigns are possible from just about anyone on this team and it’s great to see Leon getting those numbers consistently regardless of where he is placed in the lineup. We look forward to him hopefully breaking the 30-goal mark this season with three weeks to go and a few already on the board!

The Pride of the Pride Award
As always, we are going to be ending this award ceremony with the top award of the night, the Pride of the Pride award. This is awarded by the team to the user who they see as the user MVP of the season. Someone who goes above and beyond to keep the team energized and to keep them motivated through the low points of the season and looking towards the future. This award is presented to the leader of the season and someone who the team has decided deserves the greatest recognition that the team can give. Our nominees this season…

Henrik Lekberg Osterman @Henrik
Our S67 captain and a name that leads these nominees each and every season. The Pride wouldn’t be where they are today without Henrik and his efforts to build a community that he could be proud of leading. Recognizing the potential in Smith, the two build a powerhouse of a team that was a threat in the Pacific division that could compete with the best of them. It’s only fair that after all these attempts at a big win for the team that its players want to recognize someone who has always been a leader for us. As the team looks towards the future and a bunch of new users join us, Henrik still remains the leader that he has always been and his player continues to be involved however he can. We appreciate everything you do for the Pride, Henrik!

Slavakov Vladimirashenko @Bfine
The previous co-GM of the team has been a supportive voice for all since the day he was traded to the Pride. His commitment to this team despite the rebuild being upon us is more than apparent and he continues to drive the activity while the results may be a little bleak right now. He is a constant voice in for the Lions Speak Tonight and started the Toast Simp Club. More importantly, he’s responsible for bringing in some of the more active users and is the reason that our goalie draft did not go horrifically as he spotted a diamond very late in the draft. I look forward to having Sota around for many seasons to come and hope that Slavakov will be able to handle 40 minutes of ice time next season.

Petr Svoboda @artermis
A popular name tonight and well deserved! Arty has always been one of the more active users in the SFP locker room and has put a lot of effort into building a strong player in Scorboda despite becoming an assist machine as opposed to the goal-scoring threat that we’ve tried to make him. Arty has always been involved with keeping the team chatting regardless of the topic and was another user who was happy to jump in on any Lions Speak Tonight recording he was available for. Despite moving on to New England, Scorboda will always be a special player to the Pride and I’m happy that the team has put forward his name for a Pride of the Pride nomination on his way out. We look forward to seeing how Scorboda does going forward!

This season’s winner is…
pride Slavakov Vladimirashenko / @Bfine! pride

The fact that this isn’t his first time winning one of these awards shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. I’m more than thankful that we were able to acquire him from Edmonton as one of my first moves as GM as since then he has been a natural leader for the team. Stepping up to be co-GM shortly after joining us, constantly being someone who keeps the team involved and someone who is willing to help Jimmy bait the team just shows that he is here to support all the users of the team! Sota absolutely is a great example of a Pride of the Pride recipient and is someone I’m happy to call one of my best friends on this league. Congratulations!

Thanks for reading through the S67 award recipients! There are plenty of users that deserve acknowledgment for these. We were an incredible group and while it’s disappointing that we couldn’t get the Cup win with this group, I’m looking forward to seeing how our alumni do with their new homes and for the new generation of the Pride to find their names here in a few short seasons.

——

[Image: nkm0dhL.png]

And as always, we are going to be naming the captains for the remainder of the S68 season with this post as well. With a lot of names moving on from the Pride it shouldn’t be a surprise that things are shuffling up for us once again. To lead us for our first of the bridging seasons to a new era…

Captain

pride Slavakov Vladimirashenko - @Bfine pride

The Pride of the Pride recipient and someone I’m more than confident will be a fantastic leader for the team going forward as the prospects develop in the J. I look forward to seeing all the improvements that the new captain makes for the simp club Pride!

Alternate Captains
pride Henrik Lekberg Osterman / @Henrik pride
pride Sophie Bordeleau / @boom pride

Henrik gets another letter on his jersey for all the reasons mentioned above. He is a leader in the locker room and continues to be a supportive voice for the team. Joining the team leadership is boom who makes her debut for the team this season with Sophie! We’re very excited to see what her career has in store for her and I’m not surprised that she already finds a letter on her jersey. Congratulations to the new captaincy group!

That’s all for tonight! I wish everyone luck with the rest of their games over the next few weeks! All the best from San Francisco and !rollpride

Code:
1994 words

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Congrats to all winners and to our new captain squad! Honored to be the most underrated, IA players can play well too!

I'm honored! This last season with the Pride is going to be a fun one!

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Honoured to represent SFP!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

give boom back ..... also congrats everyone!

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

!rollpride

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Thank you everyone for the Pride of the Pride and the captaincy. This is the best team in the SHL and I'm honored to represent y'all!  pride

!rollpride

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!