Create Account

S68 Day 3 - Reviewing WPG @ NEW (now with screenshots)

Winnipeg Aurora @ New England Wolfpack
Final Score: 9 - 0

1st period, 19:38 left on the clock
Another game with a terrible start for us. It appears we’re not quite awake at the very start of some games. Winnipeg just walked all over us immediately from the face off. But I’m not gonna claim it was all on us. The passing play combinations between Winnipeg’s Miguel, Noel and Mikko was pretty sexy and there wasn’t much our Olof could do as we left him practically alone to try and save a tic-tac-toe play.

[Image: HTe8MFP.png]
Winnipeg (1)-0 New England

1st period, 14:23 left on the clock
Even if it’s hard to admit, Winnipeg’s first line once again did some nice work. Noel took the puck away from us just outside our own defensive zone and charged in together with Miguel and Gonzo. This time we at least made it a lot tougher for them to move through us. They weren’t successful in breaking past Jayson and Borje and had to retreat back up to the point. From there Jean-Uthred threw the puck in the general direction of our goal. At least that’s what it looked like. Jayson and Borje were again quick on the puck but in the 2-on-2 battle for the puck we came out empty handed, and the puck was poked in.

[Image: WQk5Ssc.png]
Winnipeg (2)-0 New England

1st period, 11:13 left on the clock
After some poor positioning from our part, Winnipeg was able to get a breakaway. Mostly thanks to Gudmundur hogging all our eyes and then shipping it to center to Ryuuji. Some might say it wasn’t a true breakaway as Ryuuji was practically surrounded by all five of us on the ice before he got his shot off. Thanks to that he didn’t have time to think much and simply took a shot that Olof pretty easily could hold on to. No goal!

[Image: Je0fOHo.png]

1st period, 01:01 left on the clock
Another sneaky play by Winnipeg rewarded them with yet another breakaway. We had just gotten it out of our zone but almost immediately Ethan Duncan read a pass and stole the puck back. As most of our players were still shifting to an offensive attack, we left one lonely Winnipeg player hovering on our blue line: Mikko Rashford. Now, I’m pretty sure it was a pretty clear offside. Winnipeg’s Spack was still several feet into our zone and I’ve no idea how the referees missed that. But I digress. With Mikko having a lot of time he threw his stick right to left in quick succession. Ultimately faking right, then going left trying to put it high. But Olof didn’t bite on any fake! He followed and let Mikko make the first move and was able to catch and hold on to the puck. No goal!

[Image: gMU58iv.png]

2nd period, 14:06 left on the clock
Winnipeg’s third goal finally came through after them having solid pressure for most of the game already. It also helped them a lot that they ended up on the power play after our very own Burlok was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct of all things. No idea what he did, he didn’t want to talk about it after the game. Anyhow… this goal was quick of the draw in our defensive zone. Ryuuji won the face off to Gonzo who snapped it right back up to Christian who was waiting for the puck with his stick raised high. A quick one-timer that went straight in. Not a lot of time for people to react.

[Image: E29tM3V.png]
Winnipeg (3)-0 New England

2nd period, 10:33 left on the clock
This time everyone got to see clearly why speed and control is so important. Winnipeg’s two top forwards so far this game, Noel and Mikko, entered our zone with the puck nice and close. With some quick strides and a pass or two, they found themselves behind our defense with only Olof staring them down. A quick one-two pass gave Noel enough net to pretty easily put it in while Olof did the splits in a strong attempt to get the puck to hit something. But alas, this was a goal I don’t think anyone could’ve saved.

[Image: YZyn9sz.png]
Winnipeg (4)-0 New England

2nd period, 03:19 left on the clock
After another 100 or so shots against us we again see Winnipeg rushing into our zone. We somehow allow, for about 20 seconds ,Spack and Ryuujito to keep possession without much stress. At this point I can’t really say if we were just tired or had lost the will to live. The puck went back and forth between them several times. They got a shot off, but Olof was able to turn it away with his blocker. It landed right at my feet but I wasn’t able to get a hold of it fast enough as Ryuuji came hit it. I can only describe what happened next as the puck wobbled into the net. I don’t know how he hit it, but this puck did all kinds of crazy bounces before it somehow snuck in under Olof’s arm. A rough one for sure.

[Image: hErURl1.png]
Winnipeg (5)-0 New England

3rd period, 16:02 left on the clock
Third period is underway and at this point we did start to have some more offensive chances. Unfortunately, the tide turned against us once more. During a slow attack from Winnipeg’s Mikko Rashford our own Capy Bara got a little too up close and personal. Now I don’t think I’ve seen this penalty called in years by Capy got sent to the penalty box for holding the stick. A very weak call if you ask me. And it’s not like they lost possession because of it. Well, we went on the penalty kill once more with a face off to the left of Olof. And once again we saw a very similar play to their third goal. A quick face off win, the puck moving around a couple of times before Christian saw an opening and shot it straight in. No contest.

[Image: x82rc5W.png]
Winnipeg (6)-0 New England

3rd period, 14:38 left on the clock
Once again we were on the penalty kill. This one was my fault as my stick got caught between some legs and skates. I got called for tripping and I couldn’t really argue against it. Even with the man disadvantage we got some time in their zone and had a shot on net. Unfortunately for us it bounced right out to Ryuuji who was positioned high up in their zone. He was able to break out and got two other Winnipeg players with him. Miguel, and Gonzo. It quickly turned into a 3-on-2. And they didn’t waste any opportunity in this game. Some quick passes went from Ryuuji to Gonzo to Miguel, back to Gonzo and then Ryuuji who had found his way behind our last defender Mortitz. After that he didn’t make any mistakes with a quick deke to the right where he was able to sneak it in close to the post.

[Image: NSxsktj.png]
Winnipeg (7)-0 New England

3rd period, 10:59 left on the clock
Hello, it’s me again. This game just doesn’t end. At least it’s gonna be a good payout with all this action. At least this time we didn’t have a penalty. But at this point I don’t know if that makes it better or worse. Winnipeg was once again in our defensive zone. But this time I can at least say that we had good coverage. We didn’t let anyone sneak in behind us, or skate right through us. Borje was fighting with Gudmundur on the left flank. Digging for the puck who ultimately made its way to Gudmundur’s stick. He clearly didn’t want much to do with the puck anymore as he threw it back in what was either a no-look pass, or a desperate “someone else take it!” kind of reactionary pass. Luckily, or planned, for him the puck made it to Christian on the point. Who skated around to try and find an opening. It appears he did find one as he threw it on the net. Probably hoping for a deflection. At this point we had subbed Olof out for Jason, and Jason was able to get enough of a touch on the first shot to keep it out. But… Gudmundur had made his way to the net and was able to poke it in as we were fighting for the rebound.

[Image: GM4VPGL.png]
Winnipeg (8)-0 New England

3rd period, 01:42 left on the clock
Finally at the end of the game that never ends. But not without one last parting gift from Winnipeg. At this point I think we all had already checked out of the game, which wasn’t necessarily fair to Jason who had to take over during this miserable game. Winnipeg’s Mikko was hovering around the left point in our zone. Mostly wasting time not doing much to attack. As we were just pretty much watching him do his thing, Lias came skating down the middle. And with no other Winnipeg players in the zone, the puck was moved over to Lias who took a couple of strides and then sent it just to the right of Jason’s blocker. There wasn’t much effort from anyone’s side. But finally the game was over.

[Image: OFt0ZLv.png]
Winnipeg (9)-0 New England

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Kenvald why did you review our worst game of the season lol

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

[Image: image.png]

11-29-2022, 03:46 PMluke Wrote: Kenvald why did you review our worst game of the season lol

[Image: money-mr.gif]

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players