Create Account

S68 PT #5: Auld Lang Syne

Player Prompt:

As players, we love the holiday break that comes up in December. It's a time to visit our family and friends, but it's also the last mini break we get before the hardest part of the SHL season starts, the playoffs.

This year, I'm heading to my hometown to spend some time with the family. Every Christmas, my extended family gets together on Christmas Eve so it'll be nice to see everyone in one setting. I know I'm going to get a lot of questions about how it's been playing in Toronto compared to Los Angeles so I know I won't fully be able to shut my brain off from the SHL, but that's fine. After that, I plan to spend a quiet Christmas with my immediate family.

On Boxing Day, I'm going to meet up with my friends and have a Christmas party as well. It's always a blast to hang with my buddies so I'm looking forward to that as well. Then, it's back to Toronto to get ready for the grind. We have something we need to accomplish.

(181 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2022, 09:48 AM by WildfireMicro. Edited 1 time in total.)

PLAYER PROMPT

Upon hearing the news that he is getting a small break before heading back onto the ice for the playoffs, Sir Devoir decided to spend the whole time with his family ans take them on a trip to a local theme park. He took his sister Annabelle and adopted daughter Bella and had them ride a few rides to start out with. Anna really liked the big roller coaster, but it made Devoir a bit dizzy. Eventually they settle down to eat some food, and they begin to ask Devoir how his season went. He was excited to tell then that he had a season high in wins, but was a bit embarrassed to say that it was still only 13.

However he was more excited to say that he managed to get his first shutout of his SHL career and that he did see some bright spots in the Baltimore Platoon. I mean, they did make the playoffs right? That means they can really keep going and achieve anything.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Code:
Player Prompt: 300 words

Things are ramping up in Seattle with the playoffs right around the corner, so Benny's free time to be able to head home to visit family and friends is a bit waylaid by all of the post-season excitement in Washington. Much as he'd like to be able to go back, there's more important things coming down the pipe--namely, trying to be a part of a cup run for his team. He made it a point to call back before the post-season really got into high gear though and the response was about what he expected. His old man gave him a hard time for not being at a point-per-game pace. His mother said she was proud no matter what his numbers looked like. They were both going to be rooting as hard as they could for the Argos in the playoffs and were going to try and make it out west to get to a playoff game.

Outside of that, he took a little break to appear at a couple of local tournaments for the Seattle fighting game community. Benny's long-time love has always been fighting games and he's done amateur commentary for everything from Street Fighter to Smash, so he appeared at some local Street Fighter and Airdash fighting game tourneys to do commentary on stream and even take part in a few friendlies (to which he got his ass beat (how much practice can he really get in when he's got the whole pro hockey player thing going on?)).

Holiday traditions have been different since going pro, but while he can't spend the time he'd like with his blood family, he gets the opportunity to spend it with friendly faces and new friends at home in Seattle. It's not perfect, but he wouldn't have it any other way.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

2022 kinda sucked in a number of different ways, but things really seem to be picking up in the recent month or two and hoping to carry that momentum into 2023. All families are complex and mine is no different, but I have a lot of hope for getting 2023 started off on a good foot.

Also trying to start working out more often (sound familiar?) but my daughter wants to do boxing classes so we signed up at a UFC gym which has boxing, BJJ, kickboxing, and more available so I figured we would just do the family plan and try some various things to see how it goes. Honestly pretty excited about this one vs a "standard" gym membership.

Work is work, but I think some of the sowing we did in 2022 will really start to show some fruit in 2023. Just keep grinding and we will get there.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

User Prompt:

This year for me has been a fantastic one, and the reason being that my son came into this world this year, and while it is a lot of work it has been a blessing to say the least. I don’t really think anything next year can top that, as I am getting used to and learning about this little human, and as he explores his new world.

What I am hoping for next year, is to go on vacation with the family, so that he can see is great grandma in Poland this coming spring/summer, and also just being there to watch him grow and find new things to do that interest him. Next year I get to be off from work for 7 Months on parental leave which I am also excited for, since my wife ended up getting a new and better job, so home life will be boys world with me, the babby, and the dog.

(161 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

PT Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

When it’s the holiday season, it has to 100% be spent with loved ones such as family and friends. Spending a lot of time during the year being on the road and not having too much free time to see the special people in my life makes this time of the year exceptionally important to do so. I take as much time as possible away from the team to be with my family and friends because I know this type of opportunity doesn’t come around very often.

With the family there’s normally lots of food involved, lots of laughter and just overall good times when it’s this time of the year. I also make sure to buy everyone some nice Christmas presents, especially the kids in the family. The only downside of being with my family throughout the holidays is the weight gain from all the food there is. With friends it’s pretty similar, but we also play some games and have some drinks, probably the typical thing others do as well.

Don’t get me wrong, being with my teammates is great, and we do normally celebrate together, but the holidays is for family and friends, that won’t ever change. Sorry team!

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Code:
Write about your year! Yes, you! You personally! Tell me some things that gave you joy this year, maybe some things you're proud of, or some things that you're excited about. Focus on the positives. What are you hopeful for? Do you have big plans for next year? (150+ words)

2022 has been an incredibly interesting year.  It was another year survived.  Some of the great accomplishments I feel that happened include winning my department's Firefighter of the Year award as well as getting a nice compensatory raise at work as my job focus has shifted from end-user deployments if the interwebs, to interfacing with the big-name corporations like AT&T, Verizon and others on top of learning the ins and outs of an entirely new core deployment system (better than a series of pneumatic tubes).  All of my school aged kiddos are hitting the honor roll, which makes me immeasurably proud and reminds me that all of the gray hairs I've received from them are worth it and the proof is in their output.  I've also finally gotten myself to a point where I think I'm ready to finally purchase a home for all of us and stop the rental cycle (which, don't get me wrong isn't a bad thing however I'm looking to build some additional investment equity).  Hoping that I get to start of 2023 with a brand new set of keys and crazy mortgage. 

Other than that, I've completed year 3 here in the SHL last month and I look forward to having many, many more...maybe until even I can be an old salty SHL vet

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Gallen's SMJHL career came to an end on a high note, but they still feel that they could've done more during their time in Vancouver. With Pyotr missing an entire season + half of the next season due to "injury", their development slowly stopped before finally rehabbing and returning to the ice to finish off season 68. In order to get away from the ice for a while, Gallen travels back to their home country of Czechia to spend time with family and enjoy the holiday season. Gallen's family hasn't seen them in quite a long time since they were drafted to the SHL, so there will be plenty of questions to answer.

"How are things overseas? How different is it to over here?"

"What's it like playing hockey in a foreign country? What's the game like over there?"

"Have you met anyone during your playing days? See anyone new over there?"

"How is cousin Benny doing? I know they made it to the big leagues last season..."

It's like the post-game press conferences all over again, but with no major media spotlight being shined on Gallen's answers. They know that their family is incredibly excited to follow the journey Pyotr takes to get to the SHL and can't wait to experience the transition to the SHL next season.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

player prompt

sebastien regazzoni returns to his home country of switzerland during his winter break. while he enjoys playing hockey and tries to do so in his spare time in Bern (usually showing up to his old club's rink and playing with the younger kids for funsies as a way to keep his skills intact rather than enjoying too much debauchery), he uses it as time to relax and have fun. regazzoni returns to his old karting track and drives around for hours and hours and hours. he celebrates christmas with his family (his father Muesli, his mother Fonduelina, and his sister Helvetica) at their house, where sebastien is known to drink waaaaay too much. it's safe to say that when he's not spending time with family and friends, sebastien is out on the town. he likes drinking and schmoozing at local bars, especially when he plays darts and kicks ass. so sebby boy is having some fun during his winter break

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Miguel Hefeweizen usually takes breaks from the hockey grind as a chance to relax and/or travel somewhere he's never been before. I know some players are really dedicated to hockey and do nothing but train during short breaks but Miguel figures you only live once, and good mental and physical recovery is important to being a good hockey player anyway. However, Christmas is really important to Miguel and Miguel's family. He alternates spending it where he grew up in Austria, and then going to where his Mom's side of the family is from in Mexico. Austria is definitely Miguel's home, and he loves going back to see all of his friends and old teammates, and being spoiled my his Mom, but he definitely enjoys his time spent with his Mexican family and enjoying their traditions as well. Also Miguel hates turkey and would much rather stuff his face with tamales for Christmas anyway.
158 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Pretty busy year for me overall. Took over as Co-Gm of the Dragons working alongside Kez. So that is pretty awesome. Moved a couple provinces over from where I was living for work. It was tough leaving the friend group that I had made there and coming to a place that I was starting over from scratch. But it has gone pretty well. I have not kept up my exercise routine as much as I would have liked. I still need to find a way to be more consistent there. Work wise, life is fine. Into a new job for the same company, so that is good. I am enjoying the new challenge, but not enjoying the new stress that comes along with it. I am enjoying watching my player thrive in the SHL. He had a 50 goal season, so that was pretty cool. Now we just have to win the cup and that side of the house is done!

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Pass Forfeit has a huge family of three who he goes to at the end of the year. These are his roommates and his pet anteater that he named after himself. He doesn't celebrate christmas but he does celebrate Hanukkah, which is rare as somebody who is French, but he makes it work. When he gets home he will not hesitate to tell his family about his tales and triumphs in the shl. How he scored thirty four points in his first season and made it to the playoffs with his team. It is a holiday miracle. There may be awkward converstation surrounding his lack of reaching out to them however they will get over it. At least they should, Pass is his own man and he should live his life however he wants. If that means not reaching out to family and friends until holiday season then so be it. He is a professional hockey player with his own life.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Player Prompt:

With the break fast approaching it is time to kick back and take a couple much needed days off. Now as most people would go and spend time with family, Cale will swing by and spend a day or two there to ensure he drops of his presents for the family members but then it is time to head to the airport and get to a hot destination all-inclusive with his beastie @CementHands. Of course, the invite is extended to everyone on the team it looks like Nibbles @SouthPaw, Toasty @Toast and Eli @TheGreatToeJam are all going to join us this year. It doubles as a time to enjoy and have fun and not think about hockey for a few days before getting back to work in prep for the playoffs coming up. But for now the time off this year means headed to Cancun and doing some fun activities such as deep sea fishing and getting drunk at the swim up bar. Everyone needs the break and what better way then this?

WC:170

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

2022 has been the craziest year of my life. It was my first full year in Canada, and my partner and I moved into our new condo in February, which is also when we got engaged. I've taken a couple trips back to the States, once for Disneyland and once for an annual opera festival I help run. My day-job keeps going strong despite the economy, so I'm thankful for that! I'm continuing to work from home, which has really been amazing. It's allowing me to take these next big steps in my life, like applying for permanent residency here in Canada. Ending the year with another big change, as we welcomed our first child, a baby girl, in early December. Obviously a lot to look forward to during her first year in 2023, plus we're finalizing plans for a summer 2023 wedding! Next year looks like it could be equally crazy, but in a very different way, ha.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]