Create Account

S68 PT #5: Auld Lang Syne

Well this was an exciting year for the old cup noodle. After last off season when I decided to resign with New England I had big hopes that Luke and Jeffy as the coach would turn the team around. Luke had been selling me for a couple seasons on the idea that the team would be ready to compete in a few seasons time and that this season we would see some progress. I'm absolutely glad that I stuck around because I feel like we're starting to see the progress right before our eyes.

One of the things that was shocking to me was posting career numbers and goals assist and pretty much every major stack category. Last season with the switch to FH8 I saw one of my worst statistical categories seasons in my career so to bounce back so quickly let me know that Luke and Jeffy we're going to be able to turn not just myself but the rest of our team into something that could compete. I'm obviously bummed that we didn't get past the first round but Toronto is a really really good team and I'm pretty sure that in the next couple of seasons we're going to stay on our track and should be playing for a trophy before the end of my career. I didn't know what to expect when I signed for New England a few seasons ago and I didn't really know what to expect when I decided to stick around but I'm glad I did and I don't see myself going anywhere for the rest of my career and things unless things really go off the rails.

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

159 words

Player Prompt
Evgeni spends the holiday season with his wolf family back in the Russian wilderness to celebrate Christmas and Festivus. The giving of gifts and the airing of grievances is many and plentiful, but it’s a bonding time for all and its his favorite time of the year. Evgeni actually has a girlfriend now to everyone’s surprise, a reporter from the Atlanta area who wasn’t petrified by his entire existence. The wolf family is very supportive of her and do their best to read all of her articles to make sure her work gets the attention it deserves. The family is very happy to have Evgeni back after his amazing season in net where he was one of the top goalies all year and Atlanta did really well because of him. Father Wolf will complain Evgeni has bad positioning for a bit but otherwise the team will be happy with their cup winning son for all he’s worth.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Player Prompt - With his time off, Jarrod Lakemore returns to his home country of England following a solid second year campaign in the SMJHL that saw him more than double his production from his rookie season. He harbored no hope whatsoever that becoming a key player on St. Louis's unexpectedly good season after losing so many players from the previous iteration of the team to the SHL and posting a strong record in what many thought would be a rebuilding year would matter little to his countrymen. Indeed, little had changed in his hometown of Liverpool as hockey, much less junior hockey, held little interest to the Liverpudlians and Brits in general. Even his old youth hockey coaches had little idea what Lakemore had been up to lately and instead welcomed him back by talking about the conclusion of the recent soccer World Cup. But Lakemore had of course expected this. Certainly he knew the shaky performance of Alisson Becker and Virgil Van Dijk in penalty shootouts would be the big sports news in Liverpool. He had a long way to go if he was going to get his hometown interested in hockey. (192 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

So 2nd prompt but this year has been an interesting one. I took up gardening and mastered most veg and fruit whilst making hundreds of pounds of produce for friends, neighbours and family so that was rewarding for sure. Travel wise I only did 2 places. One of which I met up with Aneeq and his much cooler brother in Scotland for a bit less than a week and that was great fun. Booked my next cruise to Norway which should be great fun too for my 32nd birthday and my stories have been amazing and improving. So fizzled out or just suck but that is okay. We take the good with the bad here and sim league life has gone amazing too in year 3. Got up to my 26th championship which is lovely and claimed an MVP so I have now pretty much done everything there is to do. It is just to wrap up these stories now. Life is great. Should be a good 2023.

[168 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]

I'm going to focus on the IRL prompt

2022 was a big year for my family. In May welcomed our third child into the world and our second daughter. She's an absolute treasure who loves her older siblings and likes to sit up and learn about the world. Of course her first word is "Dada" because what else would it be, I'm awesome. She brings our family so much joy and I cannot wait to see what 2023 brings for her development.
Other things that brought be joy in 2022: we redid our kitchen because of some water damage late last year. While the flooring is not completely done, we have nice new cabinets and countertops to enjoy and I did almost all of it by myself. So I learned lots of new skills. My wife began homeschooling our kids this year and since I work from home, I've gotten to see that firsthand which has just been so much fun! In addition to all that, I've kept busy with my hobbies of Gardening, fishing and board gaming. I had a pretty good year fishing and my son is starting to show interest. So I'm really excited to go into 2023 and explore that hobby with him.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Code:
PLAYER PROMPT - As the year wraps up in sim world, your player gets a short break before they have to get back to the grind of the season. It's the end of the year, there's lots to think about and people to see-- so how does your player spend the time? 

BASE PACK knows he doesn't have a lot of time before he has to suit up for Japan in the IIHF tournament so he'll try to spend most of his off time after the playoffs relaxing and resting his body which is really just a pack of cards but just go with it okay. This was the first season that he was the "starter" in the SHL so he saw a lot more pucks than he is used to in his career so he definitely would need to take some time to relax and reset both his body and mind. He would probably spend most of his time at his home in Philadelphia since traveling all the way back to his birth country of New Zealand seems foolish for such a short rest time. BASE PACK would crush a few cheesesteaks for sure and just lounge about his abode. He would open his house for teammates and friends to come over and visit but I doubt that BASE PACK would be going many places to see people himself.

178 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

User Prompt
This year has been a wild one. I am part of a strat-o-matic baseball league and we would play our league games over discord. After being a group for 3 years, we all decided to get together in person to run our season 6 draft. It was a great time. I chose to drive (because I hate myself for some reason) from my home in the Twin Cities down to Indianapolis. The drive without any stops was around 9 hours. In total it took over 16 hours. Luckily I was carpooling with some friends who lived in Wisconsin so I wasn't alone on this journey. That was the biggest thing to happen. Well I guess you could consider moving a big thing but it was only one town over from where I was previously. I'm excited to hang out with family for the holidays for the first time in two years. Hope everyone has a wonderful end to their 2022. (160)

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

ISFL PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

USER PROMPT
This year was another one with challenges, but in between those were a few gems. One thing that brings me a bit of joy is I stopped drinking for 4 months. What started out as a month challenge after a particularly rough July turned into an extended period. My body was able to recover, and once I got out of the withdrawal phase things got easier to keep going. Waking up in the morning was easier, going to bed at a decent time was realistic, and some pretty good weight loss was passively happening as well, lots of benefits and I think next time I start a sober kick I will have those things to look forward to.
One big thing I'm excited about and looking forward to is actually moving. We're going into an older house we were able to find. The internals are a bit sketchy, and we lose the garage and pay a little more, but our landlords wanted to sell. So, new place, big work getting everything moved over, but one thing I'm really looking forward to is getting rid of stuff that we just don't need. Slim down, less things mean less problems. Make the house ours and it'll be great.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

To be quite honest, this year has been one of the toughest years I've gone through yet. I thought 2021 or 2020 would have held that honor, but the events of the past have culminated into a mixture of circumstances that I have struggled to adapt to. To stay on the positive side, my mental health (long-term outlook wise) is improving, as I've started taking an anti-depressant prescription. I can feel an improvement, and although I'm not 100% okay now, I'm 100% better than where I was a year ago, and I'm proud of myself. I got a new job, after 6 months of struggling through interviews and rejection, which led to some of the mental health issues I experienced and currently treating. My new job is amazing, I love the culture in the office and my workload is enough to keep me busy (ignore my posted time), and my coworkers are some of the friendliest I've met. 

TLDR: Year didnt suck, but didnt impress. GG's, better luck in 2023.

[Image: sobchak.png]

When it's time for Xavier Doom to take some time off for the holiday season, he always heads back to his native Iceland to join in on his family’s holiday traditions. The long season keeps Doom away from his family for most of the season. Even the offseason keeps Doom in New Orleans, as he runs summer training camps for children and welcomes new rookies. But for him, the holidays are important, so he makes sure that he gets home to his mother, father, and various cousins. Doom will also reach out to any teammates he knows that might not have a family or traditions and invite them to come back to Iceland with him for a crazy good celebration. Very few ever took him up on that offer, although he does meet up with fellow Icelandic countryman JR Frankenstero now, as both of the Specters teammates are from the same city. (152)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

PLAYER PROMPT: The first thing my player does during the end of the year break is getting on a plane as soon as he can to fly back home to Norway to spend as much time as he can with his family since he knows the break is short and he won’t have other moments like this until summer. In Norway, Salzberger usually stays at his parents’ house for the duration of his trip since they are where most of his family holiday celebration takes place. Salzberger will celebrate with his extended family who will all stay in town for a couple of days. While they will definitely eat a lot of food, drink, dance and play card games, the whole family will go do some skiing. Since the Inferno are having a good season, Lillehammersson is looking forward to sharing how great a season he is having with all the people he will meet during his time back home.

158 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

This year I am taking my lover @Zombiewolf back to Serbia to meet my family. We will eat traditional Serbian meals and I'll show him the coal mines that I was conceived in and the other coal mines that I was birthed in. Then we will cuddle on a pile of coal in order to keep warm during the blistering cold Serbian nights. After a night of coal and passion in the mines, we will wake up and go for a walk in downtown Доње Јарушице. We will have breakfast at a quaint little place overlooking the country side, and we will drive traditional Serbian tiny car from there to the mountains, where we will fish for salmon and swim in the freezing cold waters of the Danube River. It is said that this water increases your pecker size by 10 cm and I am looking forward to that. For me, not for zombie. He's already hung like a donkey.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

player prompt written task:

It's the most wonderful time of the year, and like many of teammates Rush Justice will be flying home to Edmonton Alberta to get some quality time in with his family, including his SHL veteran father Ty Justice. As hockey players it's always difficult to find time during the season to get together with family, so the leagues ensuring that Christmas time is free is always a bonus of the job. During the few days off, Rush plans to take his nephews to West Edmonton Mall, despite how packed it'll be for boxing day. Candy Cane Lane is also a well known Edmonton hotspot around the holidays, as it's a big residential street that has beautiful Christmas light setups hung around the holidays. After that, it might be time for a good old fashioned sleigh ride and then a nice, big, Christmas eve feast with turkey, stuffing, potatoes, the works.

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho