Create Account

S68 PT #5: Auld Lang Syne

Alexander loves hockey and is blessed to call himself a professional hockey player, but he still enjoys having little breaks away from the ice, where hockey can take a backseat, even for a weekend. This holiday season, he plans on traveling to some remote place in the desert to warm up from the harsh blizzard and sub-zero temperatures in Quebec, hanging out in the pool during the day, and enjoying some quiet time at the movies, where they serve food at night. Although he wanted to escape the rink, it was damn near impossible for him to stay away. He finds himself at a local rink watching a holiday tournament full of house U8, U10, and U12 kids just loving life. A few parents recognize Alexander somehow, and he can sign a few sticks and jerseys of the kids who are excited to see a budding star before he turns pro.

[Image: MMCPaEg.png]

[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png][Image: eP8F2Ne.png]

This past year was special. I retired Barry Batsbak and recreated with a new player called Rikkert Niemans. Rikkert Biemans was picked up by the Kelowna Knights, a team i have GMd for quite some time. For me that was quite special, to be back there, but in the end it wasn’t a perfect match. Kelowna wasn’t performing well and I wanted to win the Four Star Cup. So I got traded to St. Louis, we had a good run, but it wasn’t enough. After my 3rd season I was called up to the SHL to play for my big boys team the Montreal Patriotes. My first season there was quite good and I came one goal short of 30 goals. Which is pretty great as a rookie. Our post season was disappointing, but we have a great squad together to do a few more runs and I hope Rikkert Biemans is a big part of it.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

This holiday season finds Lemo traveling all the way across the great Atlantic to his home country Estonia. Spending time with his extended family and friends gives him some much needed energy, but he can’t help but still feel somewhat tired of the yearly grind that he has put himself through for the better part of the last decade in order to contend with the best of the best in the SHL. Thoughts of maybe retiring sometime soon have been surfacing more and more often, even though he has had the fortune of always being part of easygoing and super-supportive locker rooms, and as time goes on and he feels his own body slowly inching away from the near-perfect condition that he used to be able to attain, his mind also wanders more and more to what may lie ahead of him in the ‘afterlife’, so to speak, meaning the life beyond his hockey-playing career. He wonders if maybe he could parlay his stature and knowhow of the workings of top-level hockey into helping popularize hockey even more in Estonia, perhaps through founding a hockey club of his own, along with a youth system and what ever else that would entail.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Quote:PLAYER PROMPT - As the year wraps up in sim world, your player gets a short break before they have to get back to the grind of the season. It's the end of the year, there's lots to think about and people to see-- so how does your player spend the time?

Written Task: You're on your end of the year break! What does your player do with this time? Do they celebrate any holidays at this time of year? Who with? Do you travel to be with family or friends? Looking back on your past season in the SHL, will you have lots to say when you see your loved ones? Will they be excited about what you've accomplished this season or will there be a few awkward conversations? (150+ words)

To the surprise of nobody, Anton Harrier's last sighting was essentially him doing grocery shopping before heading back home. When asked about it, Harrier kept it short by noting that he had been waiting for quite a while to go and enjoy his private skate park with friends until returning for the remainder of the playoffs. Considered an essential element inside the Rage's locker room, the winger has never made any secret that his equivalent to object pride is his skatepark that he built inside his home, a formerly abandoned warehouse in New York proper.

"It helps me cool off from the regular season and it's just a nice place to chill out and hang around," noted the Irishman. He's likely to host his usual gathering of friends while there and will probably return in time for the games with a smile and hope for the cup.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

philippe eko eel is getting the call up to the big leagues this offseason so he'll be spending the end of year break stepping up his training regimen. while everybody sleeps and celebrates christmas and acts all holly jolly and merry phiippe eko eel is hitting the got dang ice to run drills and get his conditioning up. it's notoriously difficult for defensemen to win rookie of the year but eel is going to try his best to not follow Binko koivu's path and make more of a splash upon his arrival to the league. He'll also be spending some time updating his wardrobe from the cold alaskan winter to a hot atlanta summer although he's an eel so there really isn't too much outfit variance to begin with. lastly, he'll spend some times with friends and loved ones and, in fact, some of his current teammates who will soon be rivals from other SHL teams. happy new year to all

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

User prompt.

Working in the hospitality industry this year and especially the later part of it has felt like things are finally returning to what they were pre pandemic, at least in terms of footfall. The rampant inflation and mindless meanderings of the current government aside things have been pretty decent for me and for the guys that work for me this year and it's just nice to feel like perhaps we have made it out the other side. On top of this, tomorrow I will fly back to New Zealand (my home) for the first time since I got married six years ago and will be meeting my nephew for the first time as well as catching up with friends and family who were not able for one reason or another to come and visit me in the United Kingdom. All in all a decent year with a very nice cherry on top to close it out. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to the PT team.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Code:
player prompt
[Image: 2G64hhK.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Admittedly this year has been a roller coaster. This has been my first full year with my dog which is amazing, hes my (not so) little buddy, and he has helped me through so much shit. He might be an asshole at times but i know that he loves me. There has also been awful personal stuff, as im sure many people here can attest to, the loss of loved ones, relationships ending, horrible medical issues, the lot. But the fact that the community at large has been here to support the people who need it most has been heart warming. Since coming back ive made new friends that have made the day to day so much better, and I want to take a minute to shout some of them out. @SloppyPainter @minaj27 @alemanpete @NYR73 @Ruggsy and the rest of the S68 group, literally the best rookie class this site had seen in forever. And more specifically @ItsFrenchie and @Toast its been an absolute pleasure guys, yall have been there at some of the lowest and are always there to encourage me and spur me on to be the best I can be on and off the site. Love you guys

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

There's several things that went well for me this year which i am grateful of. First of all, i managed to buy a house in this economy ! which is quite wild when you look at the price of the houses around. It's a nice house in a quiet area and a big lawn so i really hit the jackpot with it in my opinion. Really glad i could jump on the opportunity. I am also very happy with my group of friend, where i am finally part of a group where i feel comfortable enough to be me without worry. We shared great adventure this year through our dnd campaign and we finally came to the conclusion of our campaign after three years and everyone was super motivated for the start of a new one! Lastly, everyone in my family is healthy which is something i am also quite happy for. I'm looking forward to what next year can bring to me.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Simmer Pass

Player prompt: 

Jimmy and Kate host the families of the Seattle J prospects for the holidays 

[Image: image.png]

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

User Prompt

This year has been a year of chaos for me and my family, but good Chaos.
Our family expanded from 3 to 4 people as we welcomed the birth of our second child, this also brought with it a sizable change in how we operate as a family as we moved back to our hometown.  The rest of the year was very much status quo but as we finished the year, both my wife and I felt it was time for a change and within a month of each other have both changed jobs and are excited for what that looks like starting in 2023.
I am very much looking forward to 2023.  I think there is a lot to look forward to in any new year, but I very much look forward to watching my boys get older and learn new things, I am excited to see some of their gifting and talents begin to show and look forward to helping them explore the world.  But maybe mostly I am excited to learn from them, both have such a joy to them that is infectious, and I want to grasp more of that in my life.
Wishing everyone a fantastic 2023!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

During the Christmas break in SHL, I use it as essentially a shorter All-Star break to rest relax during the season.  It’s always nice to get a couple days to do so, where you can take it easy and clear your head.  I don’t cheat anything or eat like a slob; I still get a decently long walk in.  I don’t do anything specific since I live alone, and I don’t go to visit family.  
On the occasional breaks where ai travel, I traveled to D.C and toured all of the governmental buildings and monuments.  I also went to Colonial Williamsburg, a tourist location that even has the recreation of a small colonial village
Christmas break also gives me time and the energy to do things around the house that I otherwise wouldn’t do.  Like right now I have a dresser and closet full of old clothes that I don’t wear anymore.

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

Brick Wall hasn't had the level of team success he'd have hoped by now. He came close to winning it all in the SMJHL with the Grizzlies, but only took home 2nd. He does have a WJC Gold to his name, but that was his only successful international run to date, performing poorly for Czechia in the IIHF. In the SHL, the Pats managed to get to the conference finals last season, but haven't matched that success. So what will Brick be doing to end his year? He will be celebrating the success of his cousin, Green Wall. Green and his Brew City Bears took home the MiPBE World Series Championship, with Green himself taking home MVP honors. Green set multiple team records, in the top 5 of multiple stats across the league, and even led the league in RBIs, eclipsing 100. Green had spent the previous offseason training with Brick, and attributed his increase in strength to his cousin. Green and Brick and the rest of the extended Wall family will be celebrating together once Green has his day with the championship.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]