Create Account

Jannik Nordstern returns to the Night Sky

My fellow SHLers,

It is with a tinge of regret for "what could have been", that I hereby announce that this will be Jannik Nordstern's last season in the SHL, after five incredible seasons as a cornerstone for the Newfoundland Berserkers (4x Four-Star Cup champion is pretty remarkable, if you ask me - shows the strength of the minds at work in the NL front office..!), and three middling seasons as a bum in Edmonton, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Unfortunately, due to my complete mental breakdown about 15 months ago, Jannik could never reach his true potential, and has been relegated to being an IA placeholder at the top level. He was my first attempt at a position player, and the promise of what could have been will linger on, until I eventually create another defenceman to overwrite his legacy.

While my departure from the surface of the Earth was sudden, it was not any indication against the league, and the people that populate it. I've already said my piece in the locker rooms of my previous teams, and I want to thank each and every one of you who has welcomed me back with open arms, my current team included (thank you for extending a hand to me, Fuzz, even though you already knew I was in the process of a possible retirement - means a lot to me Smile ) The circumstances were unfortunate, and my propensity to clam up and stop interacting with the outside world were put on full display, but I've had more than enough time for self-reflection in the past, tumultuous, year that I just went through. And during those soul-searching moments, I realized how much I missed interacting with y'all daily. Parasocial or not, the connections we make, hanging out on the forums or on Discord, cheering on our "fake" players, is a welcome respite when the going gets rough.

I will be recreating for S71, and we'll see how well I can pace myself this time - I will most probably be less involved with the GMing side of the league as a result. However, it doesn't mean you won't see me around as often as you did way back when I was just getting started in 2019 - it just means I may take on jobs that don't involve as much pressure as I did in the past. Or just dedicate myself to writing articles instead... time will tell. For the moment, I'm simply happy to be back.

See you soon, and take care,
KlusteR

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Happy to hear your back and well,
Much love!

Welcome back!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Good to hear from you and welcome back!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Welcome back

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]