Create Account

S69 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game Playlist

At this point in the season, you should be starting to get into the groove with your teammates. But it's not all about the chemistry when you're on the ice - it's the tunes you listen to in the locker room before you get out there that really help you bond.
Written Task: List 5 songs that are on your team's pre-game playlist, and tell us why they're played (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Design the album cover for a CD-version of your team's pre-game playlist. Has to include at least the team name and logo.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S69 SMJHL Rookies (S70 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, February 12th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Starting off the playlist we got Country roads just a banger that can bring everyone together, I don't think I've met someone that's doesn't like this song so that's one of the reasons its in here. The second song on the list is gonna have to be Hey baby, again its just one of those songs that you love hearing and its even better when its everyone in the stadium sings along, Its so catchy aswell so if you've never heard it by the end of the song you know the main bit. Number 3 is gonna be Hate it or Love it, just a song thats able to hype everyone up and make sure no one will be slacking and always giving 100%. Alley Oop is a must have in the 4th position just an absolute banger everyone bopping there heads. Last but definitely not least is, The Real Slim Shady, Its that song that not only brings everyone together but also can get everyone on there A game which is why it closes off this top 5 in the playlist. 
Grizzlies Grizzlies Grizzlies

[Image: Duga.gif]
Sig made by - @Ragnar or @XxCL16xX (if you made one for me let me know ill tag you)

The team has a relatively varied taste in music. That was something Shaggy had learned quickly after spending a short few weeks with the others - in fact it varies so much that they constantly argue about what's being played in the locker room. Eventually they decided that everyone gets to decide once in a while what their pre-game playlist should look like.
The following list of songs somewhat matches their team spirit. Here's the slightly more metal-inspired best-of version. Some of the songs have lyrics, some don't, but they all kind of fit into the "Berserker" theme in one way or another.
It's some kind of mixture of viking/folk metal, classical and even some more symphonic style for those on the team that voted against simply playing literally only Amon Amarth albums because technically you could just pick any of their songs and it would fit to the "Berserkers" theme.
Amon Amarth - The Pursuit of Vikings, Richard Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries (sometimes they pick some kind of remix version of this or just play the beginning), Havamal - Berserker, Falkenbach - Vanadis, Battlelore - Buccaneers Inn.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

The pre-game playlist for the Whalers is pretty varied due to all of the tastes of the guys. Instead of one general list they are allowed to rotate in a song of their choice each week if they'd like and we see some pretty eclectic tastes come up. Currently these five are in the rotation and while the guys are proud of their various choices they have asked not to be named.

1) Jengi - Bel Mercy
2) Nia Archives - So Tell Me
3) AC/DC - Thunderstruck
4) Luke Combs - Beer Never Broke My Heart
5) Justin Bieber featuring Nicki Minaj - Beauty and a Beat

The music obviously covers various genres and at points it's been often discussed that maybe we should stick with some more generic stuff. I know this guy can very easily do without a couple of songs on that list but this is what we're doing so far. Another player may share other songs in the room further illustrating just how different our play-list is.

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: 1I2bN7C.png]

For a pre-game playlist it is essential that the music puts the team into the correct mindset to go out there and compete. Additionally it provides a great opportunity to build team chemistry, but it would be unwise to force the locker room to listen to the same set of songs over and over again, therefore the Colorado Raptors have a rotating system, in which the team vote "player of the match" gets to prepare the playlist for the next game.
If Uskjal ever would be bestowed with such honors these are the songs he would bring:
1) Survival Tactics- Joey Bada$$
2) Ricky - Denzel Curry
3) Wasabi - Party favor
4) Au - Tatarka
5) Indestructible - Disturbed
This playlist has a selection of songs from various genres, continents and multiple decades, but they are all united in their driving rhythm and emboldening atmosphere. Precisely what is required ahead of a hockey match. The variety also ensures that all players, be it rookie or veteran, will hopefully know some of the songs. Lastly as a bonus Usjkal would include Scarab by Vairo for the potential after game celebrations.

the Malamutes have a playlist specifically curated to bring out the true dog in us. It’s important for a team playlist to be able to bring the boys together but also hype them up individually. That’s why we start off with #1 Who Let The Dogs Out, for obvious reasons this song is symbolic for the ‘Mutes. It’s a little on the nose with its message, but a pupper has never minded a boop on the nose. Now that the dogs are barking, it’s time to get the group to howl together, #2 we have Sweet Caroline, there are reports of earthquakes throughout Yukon whenever we belt this one out. Now it’s time for fighting music, #3 is 300 Violin Orchestra, this instrumental banger gets the boys frothing at the mouth, ready to destroy our opponents. Now to get the blood pumping we have #4 Master of Puppets, this fast paced beat gets the heads banging and at this point these boys are bouncing off the walls. And finally, to calm us down a little bit so we don’t get 1000 PIMS, we have #5 Overnight by Logic, this banger reminds us that hard work beats all, that we can be the best in this league and that the haters are always gonna hate.

[Image: latrielle.png]
Sig. Graphic made by Ragnar

When we're in the locker room (hockey has those, right?), we all get ampTed up to some incredible tunes. What's more motivating than listening to the musical technique of beloved singer Whitney Houston? To begin each game, the first song is always Adele's "Someone Like You." Like every good disc jockey knows, you need to be brought low before you can be pumped up. Adele fulfills these requirements with this hit single that tears at our heartstrings. Immediately after that comes the quick-step waltz of Glenn Miller Band's "Chattanooga Choo-Choo." It helps liven up our feet and get the blood flowing. Soon after that bop is finished, we move on to a the song that every knows, yet no one knows the words: "Mambo No. 5." Who doesn't love singing out that unmistakeable tune? With each game, the lyrics we shout only get further and further from the correct words. 
After the mambo, we need a minute to recharge, so we put on the musical score from Michael Keaton's "Birdman." If you haven't listened to the music from that, then don't. It's terrible. But we play it next to last so that the last song seems even sweeter: Miley Cyrus's "Wrecking Ball." Emotionally speaking, there is no better song to enter a hockey arena to than this bonafide banger. And then, yeah, we win. That's that.

[Image: jwpshl.png]

Oh a perfect PT for me. If you've been following along with my PTs/mPTs this season, first off why, and second you'll notice a re-occurring character in some of them, Olivia Rodrigo, who is the unofficial main artist for this year's Battleborn. So of course in the pre-game playlist we would obviously have to have one of her songs in it, and with a ton of good songs to choose from it would be tough, but have to go with the one that's been brought up a few times Happier. Next song on the playlist has to go with one that is apart of the team's moto, and that's Nazi Punks Fuck Off by Dead Kennedys. Third song in the playlist is Vegas by Doja Cat, because you know Vegas is where the Battleborn plays, shocking. The second last song in the playlist would be Somebody Told Me by The Killers, because you have to have the GOAT Nevada band in the playlist. And finally, the last song in the playlist, and maybe the best Whopper Whopper by Burger King.

[186 words]

RIP Mac & 701

It's always a hard choice to do if we talk about music. It is hard to find that type of music which one likes to everyone in room. There is my TOP5 that I am choosing when I can play on.

1) Queen - We will rock you;
2) Bujāns - Tu esi labākais;
3) Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger;
4) Eminem - Till I Collapse;
5) Calvin Harris - Stay With Me.

In a nutshell, I can say that these songs motivate me personally. Especially the songs in my native tongue give me more momentum to go on the pitch to fight. The other pieces are just for motivation, but song 5 is more for cheer and it changes every now and then. Because the team is international, I can't just choose Latvian music because the others may not understand it either. Teammates have shown a desire to learn the basics of the Latvian language, but it's not as simple as it looks.

Fortunately for the Kelowna Knights, their locker room is full of big characters who love nothing more than listening to great music before a game. I'm going to share some of the tracks that the team listens to before they step out onto the ice; who knows, maybe one of these will find its way onto your own pre workout playlists!

5. Praise The Lord - ASAP Rocky
A fun beat, uptempo production and a catchy hook, this song does a great job of getting the team ready before a game and getting the energy level's in the room raised. Usually played while people get equipment on to get everyone out of their seats and moving a little bit.

4. The Game of Thrones theme music
Maybe not the most conventional choice but given that the team is "the Knights", management decided that something befitting this regal status was required to remind the team of what it is they're playing for. The music do be kinda epic too

3. Ski Mask The Slump God - Nuketown
Just another hype song, gets everyone in the locker room ready to run through a brick wall and play some good hockey.

2. Headie One ft. Skepta - Back To Basics (Floating Points Remix)
What can I say, gets you very hyped up and ready to do some damage to the other team

1. Skepta / Fred Again - Rumble
A late but great addition to the playlist for the very reason that it gets you hyped up like nothing else ever could

Code:
267 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

The official pre-game playlist of the Yukon Malamutes is now available at Walmart or wherever you can find fine quality mixtapes and pre-game playlists. The playlist features a variety of canine themed songs, songs about dogs, or if you're just a dog. The playlist was specially curated by dog experts, malamute players, and dogs themselves and is the ultimate playlist for any dog lovers, hockey lovers, dog hockey lovers, hockey dog lovers, and any combination of the above. Here are 5 examples of songs you can find on the Yukon Malamutes Dawghaus playlist:

1. Who let the dogs out - Baha Men - The greatest dog song of all time, self explanatory 
2. I love my dog - Cat Stevens - Ode to the loyalty of dogs, like the loyalty of the Yukon Malamutes to each other
3. Doggy Dogg World - Snoop Dogg - Can't have a dog playlist without the S N double O P in there
4. The reason a dog - Aerosmith - Another song about why dogs are the best
5. I wanna be your dog - The Stooges - Not so much about love of a dog or dogs themselves, little innuendos here and there

This and many more dog themed songs, all for $5.99 + shipping and handling OR 599 easy monthly payments of $0.01. This fine playlist could be your, and if you call within the next 5 minutes, we'll throw in a free gift!

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

If I, a rookie and relatively newcomer to the Nevada Battleborns, had to choose a pre-game playlist for the club, it would likely be different than anything that anybody would want. I would start with song #1, Donald Trump by Mac Miller. This has to do with the political stance that many of the Battleborns have taken. Very political, which is why they would love to hear this song first to get the blood pumping. To get the team back down to earth a little bit, I'll play Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado at number 2 and then hit them with the One Night by Lil Yachty back to back. The team is now ready to full out destroy the competition but there are STILL TWO SONGS LEFT. Song 4 is actually Song 2 by Blur, which is a little confusing, but it gets the team's inquistive instincts going, which would make them smarter on the ice. The last song that is played before we step on the ice is Baby One More Time by Britney Spears, because Baby, we are going to win one more time on the ice.

As the season is a throwaway, the Vancouver Whalers' pre-game playlist is pure VIBES. No need to get amped up and stressed out pre-game. Just sit back, chill out, and vibe. It may actually reflect on their performance, as they seem to be punching above their weight class. It could be because they're playing with zero pressure.

1. Lil Yachty - the ride-

This song is only a week old, but the Whalers have already adopted it into the playlist. This season has been a ride, and this song reflects on it perfectly.

2. ODESZA - Meridian

Just takes you to another dimension.

3. Limbo - sometimes you can feel the energy of reality blue and it's a lot to handle

the title speaks for itself.

4. ODESZA - White Lies

reigning it back in to some faster paced stuff.

5. Lil Yachty - IVE OFFICIALLY LOST ViSiON!!!!

This is what they play as they march onto the ice. The Vancouver Whalers have OFFICIALLY LOST ViSiON!!!!

After listening to this playlist, you may suspect that the Vancouver Whalers take drugs before their games. This is either baseless speculation or a well-kept secret.

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

Elena Maximova has the memory of a fish, forgets words to any song no matter how many times she listens to them and gets mocked by her teammates for singing nonsense so she favours songs with no lyrics. Here are her contributions to the Citadelles' mixtape:

Ghost Horses by Tides From Nebula
Red Rain by Collapse Under the Empire
Sirens by Glasgow Coma Scale
Fireflies and Empty Skies by God Is An Astronaut
Hymn For the Greatest Generation by Caspian

What's neat about post rock songs and bands is that their names are usually longer than that of other bands so I can pad this PT just by naming songs. I could've picked longer song names for the lolz but I'll make an effort. Those songs are actually either super uplifting and make people feel good when listening to them or they wake you up and get your blood pumping. I think they would be relevant in a playlist where you're trying to find positive energy before a big game. I'm not too sure how well they would be received in a real life locker room but since this is fake why the hell not.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Piastri and Ivanova control the teams pre game music every night and they don't let anyone else touch the aux cord. They use their shared love of metal to hype the team and it proved to work given the Battleborn's most recent winning streak where they played the five best pump up songs metal has to offer. Piastri and Ivanova swear by the five great artists of metal including Black Sabbath, Metallica, Lamb of God, Tool and Alice in Chains.

Below are the pair's favorite songs to play in each situation:

Redneck - Lamb of God (Best for pre game pump up)

Children of the Grave - Black Sabbath (Best for getting over a loss and looking to the next game)

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica (Best for team karaoke nights)

Aenema - Tool (Best for playing on the bus during road trips to away games)

Them Bones - Alice in Chains (Best for rocking out while car pooling to the home games)

@vbottas17

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread