Create Account

Bellamy Blake Talks SMJHL Landing Spots
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2023, 07:38 PM by RainDelay. Edited 1 time in total.)

Well folks, it's that time. Time to rank some of these SMJHL teams, hopefully with some thought put into it, and sometimes arbitrarily. Oh well, same old song and dance!

So first, why draft Bellamy Blake?

- You are getting a committed active who knows the site and league.
- You are getting a defenseman, which I've been told come at a premium.
- He has saved his people and helped save the world multiple times, that's pretty awesome.
- And speaking of pretty awesome, so is RainDelay!

I want to also preface my comments by saying there is nowhere that I would not be happy with being drafted by. A fresh start is cool no matter what and I am sure that each team and locker room have their own charms. I'm going in with an open mind. That being said, I'd definitely be likely to exit the draft with various levels of excitement depending on who goes on and drafts me!

Anyways, without further ado, I am just going to go alphabetical here:

Anchorage Armada - I'd be down. I have been a member of the Armada before and definitely would not be opposed. I am acquainted with @Ragnar from my old days here, and while I don't know @retuperkele , I know that Ragnar would choose someone who is right for the job. Looking at the current roster, I don't really know anyone, save for being familiar with @Hoovuh and @Merica . Could be a cool experience. Logo and colors are nice, and the location is a good one.

Carolina Kraken - Get me to the south. For some reason, I've always been obsessed with southern teams, whether in the southeast or southwest (we'll get to this one) United States. Carolina could scratch that itch, and I'd be happy to play for a team that has a dope logo and nice orange. Definitely could see myself in orange. I do not know sve7en or Itsfrenchie and on the roster, I don't think I recognize anyone to be honest. Well, maybe a new environment would be nice.

Colorado Raptors - I just got done talking about the south, but the midwest has also been calling my name. I think being a Raptor would be pretty neat. An interesting team name given the city but I like it. @Ruggsy has been super helpful getting me reacquainted with all the stuff I have to do, so I know he's good people! This team also has my boys @Slappydoodle and @Bonk , who I'd love to team up with again! I'm a massive Knicks fan, so having Walt Clyde Frazier is a plus as well, best color commentator of all time :D Also, royal blue and gold color scheme is always a good look!

Detroit Falcons - Channeling some of what @Durden said in his article, I grew up in the SHL with Montreal, and I just don't really see myself playing for the Falcons. "But Rain, you technically already did!" Yes, because I'm a team player and it's not the end of the world. Just I don't feel like a Detroit Falcon, and really haven't for 8 or so years. (it would be cool to team with @Rangerjase though)

Great Falls Grizzlies - Unique location, nice color, cool logo. Not many drawbacks here. @SpartanGibbles was my GM in Minnesota with my last somewhat successful player, so I am accustomed to working with him. Midwest vibes kicking in strong again with Great Falls, Montana. Rarely do you see a super unique location in a sim league that isn't like *totally* unbelievable (looking at you Yellowknife, and the fucking moon in PBE). I don't even need to look at the roster to know I'd be interested in becoming a member of the Grizzlies. -1 for not having Ja Morant though.

Kelowna Knights - Watch this. I'm about to copy what I said for the Falcons. Shhh. I grew up in the SHL with Montreal, and I just don't really see myself playing for the Knights. No quote because I have not been a Knight... Just I don't feel like a Kelowna Knight, and really haven't for 8 or so years. But don't get me wrong, I'd still be active.

Maine Timber - Another unique location akin to Great Falls, and a pretty underused "woodland" color scheme in professional sports. I would like to be drafted to the Maine Timber despite not knowing either of their GMs. @McGriddy10 is a cool guy for sure, and they also have @damienj10 , my old teammate from way back on the *West Kendall* Platoon. Maybe it's a prerequisite for your username to end in "10" if you want to be drafted. We'll see. RainDelay10 signing out.

Nevada Battleborn - OH YEAH! This is my top destination so far, if I may be so honest. A southern/desert based team? Check. An awesome name? Check. A great logo and color scheme to go with it? Double check. Like come on, the Battleborn? That is remarklably dope. Whoever came up with this brand, hats off to you. And hopefully jerseys on to me. I would love to put on the Nevada jersey and I wear it proudly!

Newfoundland Berserkers - Middle of the pack. There's not much about Newfoundland that draws me in. Of course, just like the rest this may be a very good team, it just doesn't catch my eye. The logo is not my favorite, and the very dark color scheme just doesn't strike my fancy. It's also pretty damn cold in Newfoundland. I am not familiar with either GM, or many on the roster. Not writing them off, but it's not in my top 5 choices.

Quebec City Citadelles - I'm usually not a fan of going to cold places to play, but I may have to make an exception based on this logo alone. The color scheme fits the team well, and this logo is just a beauty to look at. Wearing that across my chest every game would be pretty nice. They also have @enigmatic who is pretty cool, and @Evok who is also pretty cool, mixed with some people who I don't know yet. Although if I go here, my signatures have no shot at standing out with Eni around...

Regina Elk - Loving the old Los Angeles Kings color scheme and the big elk logo. Oh deer. Very nice. The location... ehh... definitely not my favorite but this team is bumped up by the design for sure. I know of @RenoJacksonHS from the ISFL, and haven't even heard of 90% of the team roster, which may make for an interesting experience. Nothing wrong with some new faces. Overall, becoming an Elk would be pretty cool

St Louis Scarecrows - I've been a member of the 'Crows before, and while that was cool, I probably do not want to do it again. It was a good experience of course, but I want to try some new things in this league. Something about the old franchises that were around when I was first on this site doesn't draw me in that much. Never put too much stock in history. I'm starting to realize I know very few of these GMs and this is not a reliable criterion Wink

Vancouver Whalers - Echoing the same things I've said about Detroit, St. Louis and Kelowna, in some way shape or form. Just combining them all. Nothing much else to say here to be honest.

Yukon Malamutes - EASHL looking logo aside, maybe it'd be ok to come to Yukon. Decent campus, good parties, amazing Women's basketball dynasty in front of my eyes. Oh... that's UCONN, not Yukon. Nevermind then. But it would still be ok to come here. This is firmly a middle of the pack choice, and I'd be active just as I would anywhere else if I came here.

Anyways,

Tier 1:

Battleborn
Kraken
Grizzlies
Raptors
Armada

Tier 2:

Citadelles
Elk
Timber
Malamutes
Berserkers

Tier 3:

Scarecrows
Whalers
Falcons
Knights

Cheers y'all, excited to play for one of these teams, no matter who it is. Is it draft day yet?

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Without any bias Maine is #1

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig![Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=661b6612&is=6608f11...0f071bc3c&]

Neato article, I'll definitely remember this for scouting purposes.

Also I'm the worst ISFL player ever so its hysterical that's where you remember me from.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

03-01-2023, 07:35 AMRenoJacksonHS Wrote: Neato article, I'll definitely remember this for scouting purposes.

Also I'm the worst ISFL player ever so its hysterical that's where you remember me from.

It might be more along the lines of that’s the only sim league that I: A) knew literally everyone B) have seen the username :D

hi i'm frenchie, not gonna lie, i'm pretty cool I think!

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

03-01-2023, 04:23 PMItsFrenchie Wrote: hi i'm frenchie, not gonna lie, i'm pretty cool I think!

Nice to meet you!

Yo it’s been a minute rain haha

03-02-2023, 02:13 AMdamienj10 Wrote: Yo it’s been a minute rain haha

That is an absolute fact lol
Nice to see you still here

02-28-2023, 07:35 PMRainDelay Wrote: I'm a massive Knicks fan, so having Walt Clyde Frazier is a plus as well, best color commentator of all time

This is a wise man

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]