Create Account

S70 PT #0: Otherworldly Forecheck Due: March 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Makrus will do his best to explain hockey.
“So, you hit a round object with a stick.”
“You mean like baseball.”
“No, you are trying to hit the round object into a net.”
“So, you mean like basketball.”
“No see there is a guy protecting the net.”
“So, it’s more like soccer.”
“No, its there are only 5 players on each team hitting the round thing”
“Still sounds like basketball.”
“But you can fight.”
“So, it’s a 5 vs. 5 fights.”
“No fighting is the point its just the fun part. Also this game is played on ice.”
“Wait so its on ice where everyone is just going to slip and fall all the time”
“No you have blades on your feet that you use to skate across the ice”
“Do people use the blades in the fights.”
“No, the blades are just for moving.”
“So 5 people play against 5 people on ice with 1 guy guarding a net”
“yes, that is exactly what it is”
“This sounds like field hockey.”
“Wait you guys have field hockey here but not regular hockey.”

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Prompt 2

Yeah I am going to keep it 100 with you, if I was up against literal death in any skills competition, I am just going to take the massive L and be gone with my life (I was going to say be on with my life, but I do not think that would happen if I lost) But just for the sake of this pt, here is what I would compete against death in. It was never specified what kind of skills we could or would competing on so I would do everything that is nice and health related because I assume death is not good at those things. For the record, I am not necessarily either but it is my best shot. So for example we are going to do CPR, we are going to save people's lives from a fire, and we are going to juggle? I guess cause I can not think of anything else.

So the first mistake death ever made was challenging a crazy wacky lil fella like me to a skills competition! I don't think the grim reaper has ever even played hockey, probably because he is too busy taking people's souls to the underworld or some shit, i dont really know what he does, but i have been working my whole life at this so hes getting fuckin smoked. I am a goalie, so we will most likely be doing goalie related challenges like making a save, or making another save. My glove is better, my blocker is better, my mentals are better, my reflexes are better, its needless to say but the grim reaper stinks big ass and i mop him up pretty well. Good job grim reaper, way to waste your time dumbass. You are an idiot grim boy. Go find another soul to win, mr fandango, you are a coward and a fool, yuour cloak is stupid by the way. Yeah I win methinks.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2023, 10:27 PM by Shmurph.)

Prompt #1 : Hockey mixed with Polo in the Warhammer universe! (I won't survive long )
[Image: uM6zq6I.png]

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

Prompt 1:

If I was reincarnated in a new world and needed to explain what ice hockey was and how to play it, I would just explain it as simply as I could. I would say it is a team game played six on six with five players and a goalie that make up a team. The main objective is to score goals, which is where one team tries to put the puck into a net that is defended by the opposing team's goalie. This game is also played on a sheet of ice where each player wears skates which are boots with sharp blades on the bottom of them that help you move on the ice. I would start with just playing and getting the concepts down first and then go over the other rules as people start getting the hang of the basics. To start with gear, I would just find whatever would work to get us started and then slowly develop actual hockey gear as time goes on and the game grows. I do believe the game will grow because who doesn't love hockey especially once you understand what is going on and how it works.

Oh boy, here goes another arc of Angus Mcfife dying and landing in a new universe. The last time he was leaving a unviserse were no hockey existed to land into the SHL world. Now, he lands in a world where no hockey exists! Time to bring them the glorious sport of hockey with a twist. The sticks are replaced by mighty gloryhammers. They are used the same way except they shoot the pucks much harder and also bonks the heads very much harder. The game is still played on ice wearing skates.

To introduce the masses to it, Angus decides to use his magical cosmic powers to turn into an evil chaos wizrd (only for a short time dont worry @jurt) and to become the ultimate evil, prophecising his own demise by a prophecy explaining Angus could only be slain by a hockey team, explaining the rules and all inside the said prophecy. They people of New earth 6969 (the land were we landed) will have to organise a hockey tournament for their survival. And then when a teams win, angus would feign death, then return the next year with the same menace to destroy their world and as such the tribes of this new world would incorporate hockey into their cultural beliefs and one day Angus will only be a legend to scare the kids to bed or to play better hockey.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

If and when, and if is a huge component of that first part of this sentence I am writing. If and when, Igor victory dies and it's his time to move on. He will come face to face with a pale horse, whose name is death. Come as it were. Now, Igor Victory of the Philadelphia Forge in the simulation hockey league, will counter death's proposal with an anecdote of his own. One on one, Igor Victory versus death in a no holds barred wrestling match on ice. The secret is, Igor Victory cheats. You see, Igor Victory has a long history of cheating death. This isn't the first time they have met in this world. The wrestling match much be held on ice, and both players must be in full pads and gear. How does Igor Victory cheats? He knows death's safe word. It's in Brazilian Portuguese. But it's something that Igor doesn't use until the last moment when death thinks he finally got Igor down. Then bam. Igor Victory Busted out the safe word and won.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

considering I really do not know a lot about hockey, me trying to explain it to someone who does not know of the sport would be the equivalent of an alien making up a sport on the spot. I don't really know about how the plays work, or how penalties work aside from yknow don't beat the crap out of each other, it is kind of sad considering I've been on here for 3 years. Anyway, how I would explain hockey to friends in another world would be guys on knife shoes gliding around with sticks that are curved at the bottom to push a short cylinder into a net on posts on either side of an ice rink. this either could make sense or absolutely none dependent on the technological advancements of this new world I would be reincarnated in. actually this is the most barbaric way to describe hockey but could make a crazy new game based on just those points

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Prompt 2:

1 v 1, McHits versus the Devil himself. Remember that scene in D2 Mighty Ducks where they show Bombay and that Iceland coach going 1 v 1 trying to hit the bar? I think I'd bring that back against Satan. Like in the movie, I feel like I'd have to watch out for slashing, but if he wants to play dirty, I can play that way as well. What he's got in strength, I think I can beat in speed. If he can't catch me and I can deke him over and over again, it would be game over. Get me within range, and I'll be pinging them off the post like the All-Star I am. It takes more than the king of the underworld and hell himself to stop me. When I have my mind set on something, consider it done. And now that I'm entering the prime season of my career, nothing is gonna stand in my way!

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Isfl affiliate

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

In this hockey-less universe, I would be thrilled to introduce the world to such an amazing sport. We've moved to the universe of wreck-it ralph where video game characters come alive. For those unfamiliar, Ralph lives in a video game where he knocks down a building of people who hail the work of their hero Felix who fixes the damage caused by Ralph. Some of the other games featured in the movie include popular classics that we all know, but the one I want to focus on is the animated racing game for kids that is the co-feature of the movie series. This world ends up being a community hub for the traveling video game characters, therefore it would be the perfect location to spread the word of the newfound sport. We would use the pretzel tree branches as sticks and gumdrops as pucks, while we used the frozen level to create an ice rink. Not only does the game catch on with the characters, but soon enough a game has been plugged into the universe that is very familiar to what I've introduced and we begin to make friends with some of the most skilled historical hockey players.

[Image: Reaper.PNG]

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

ISFL Affiliate: Sebster

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

Potential Spam would absolutely challenge death to the skills competition. The main one would for sure be the accuracy challenge with the four targets in each of the corners. Spam is already a pretty decent shot but to tip the scales a little further he isn't against cheating. This would be tricky as you can't make it super obvious but spilling a little bit of water on the ice right in the path of the passes would be a subtle way to get an edge. The passes to Death would hit these wet spots and pucks would stop in their track. This delay would mess up their whole rhythm and all evidence of tampering would quickly freeze back over. The targets would also be replaced with slightly sturdier materials so that they would be harder to break, forcing Death to shoot pretty hard to get all four targets.

I’m explaining it to them by taking my time to do so, but adding my own spin so that it’s not just your classic hockey. Instead of faceoffs we’re doing rugby scrums to get the puck out of there. After every goal, the scored on team has to skate to the other boards and back twice.

In terms of gear that we are wearing, we’re going everything but shoulder pads. Obviously for style you look much cooler and on top of that it makes body checking that much more impactful (pun… intended?). Helmets are going to be the jofa buckets because that was by far the coolest era for hockey helmets that we have had. Skates are going to be made in various colours, not just primarily black. Default is red with flames and everyone is gonna look fast as heck out there, you could strap those on new reality’s milan lucic and he’d look he had turbo jets on his feet as he ripped up the ice. Honedtly, hire me for current world hockey reform

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers