Create Account

S70 PT #1: The Antagonist

Louise St. Martin only scored one goal in her rookie SHL season, as luck just was not there for her that season. It came in a pretty early season game against the Tampa Bay Barracuda, a shot from the point through traffic that their goalie, a man by the name of Zhen Roza, probably never saw. On a Toronto North Starsa team full of veterans, where she was the young new player in tow, everyone celebrated like proud dads, and if I recall correctly we ended up winning the game comfortably.

Of course, she'd scored a senior goal well before that, against Finland at the S66 IIHF. It was especially sweet to score against Mat Smith, who she'd gotten to know from his visits back to Quebec City (he was a Citadelle long before Louise joined the team), but none of that was as sweet as the gold medal that came at the end of the tournament!

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Creative prompt

Ever since the day Sea was Drafted ,Knighty McKnight night,the Knights mascot has always been shifty with sea. Dirty looks, sneaky ticks and full blown shenanigans haven't stopped. Seas the first to admit that he has shoveled out his fair share of retaliation. One time Knighty dated one of sea exes and they adopted a dog together who moved out due to the fighting. The team just tells them both to smarten up and they would of let knighty go already but Sea has been a big part of knighty keeping their job. It's sounds insane but some people just wouldn't get the situation. Knighty has been a part of the organization longer than Sea and the crowd and all of kelowna loves this stupid mascot to death . Parents have even gotten involved in the battle over the years. Sea will never hold the grudge through his lifetime he knows. Considering knighty is seas evil twin sister there will always be that sibling rivalry.

As we all do, everybody does, we have that one person who just hates you with a passion. I don’t know why really, but I feel like our General Manager, @TheSparkyDee absolutely hates me! I tried and tried to come up with an idea for Sparky’s hate towards me, and I never can figure out why. Could it be my playing? No I’ve been playing well, he just promoted me because of playing. So it has to be my personality. No, it couldn’t be, I’m always so nice to him. Maybe my attitude towards him. That’s gotta be it. Anytime I try and do anything he comes out to tell me I’m wrong and correct me, and tell me I’m not doing good enough. It’s sooo annoying. One time I told him if he thinks I’m not doing a good enough job, he can do it himself, and that backfire in my face when he did do it himself and did a wayyy better job that I did. But again, I love him. Wink

player prompt

[Image: b9Cm2PZ.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2023, 07:54 PM by Acsolap. Edited 1 time in total.)

If there is one player on the Philadelphia Forge that Red Kirkby loves to hate it has to be Scoochie Stratton. He talks constant shit about how he is the top goalie in the league even though he couldn't stop a beach ball. Anytime Scoochie is annoying you and he knows it he just says "I think its hilarious you kids talking shit about Scoochie. You wouldnt say this shit to him at practice, hes jacked. Not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. Yall are pathetic." It just drives Red completely up the wall and evidently the rest of the league as well judging by how upset everyone gets every time he makes an appearance in public. It's lucky he is such a geriatric otherwise he would probably get run by the opposition every game and then the rest of the Forge would have to step in an defend him.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Listen, i’m a pretty open guy, I vibe with most people in the locker room and I am happy to say it has been this way ever since I was drafted by Caroline back in the S68 draft. That being said, I also know my limits and when I need to put my foot to the ground.

As you all know, the Kraken have had a pretty massive influx in new faces with the last draft being a big one for the org. Overall, I have mostly positive things to report. But, there has been this one player with whom I don’t seem to jive, and that has to do with ONE specific thing : steamed hotdogs.

Out of the blue Filip Svatos (@JustAnotherHockeyFan) barges into the room, yelling about how steamed hotdogs are nasty. Listen, I’m a proud Quebecer, I bleed La Belle Province, and I will not stand by this Steamé slander. Its been on and off, and on ice performance has been great with Filip, but I won’t be paying for his meals anytime soon.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

PLAYER PROMPT - For a more straightforward, strictly-hockey task, tell me about your first goal!
Uskjal came into the league through waivers, many doubted his ability so he had to prove he was worth a roster spot. There was little interest in recruiting Uskjal by other teams one of the few teams Uskjal had talks with were the Whalers, which he would face in his 2nd game in the league. With a lot to prove uskjal took the ice but thing seemed to go badly right away, the whalers ended the first period up two to nothing. Pressure was mounting and haters chirping but Uskjal went back out there and in a 2nd period rally Uskjal assited the raptor go ahead goal of Jetson, making the score 3:2 at the end of the 2nd. Uskjal was not done though, in the 3rd the raptors pulled away and Uskjal received a saucy feed from S. Wobet that he was able to convert, netting him his first SMJHL Goal. The Raptors went on to win 5-3 and Uskjal would make sure to continue racking up points when facing the whalers.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2023, 10:32 AM by Josh Latreille.)

Written Task:  Tell me about your player's first goal! What's the story you'll tell at bars for decades about the first time you lit the lamp? If you're a goalie or otherwise haven't scored one yet, tell me how you picture it when it finally happens
I scored 4 goals in my rookie season and the first was truly fitting to my play style. Nine games into my career and I’m in front of the net. I’m pushing around their D-men, trying to get in the goalie's face. I look over to see my line-mate, Nikitin about to shoot it on the net. I push one last time, causing their D-man to deflect the shot right onto my stick. It took a moment to realize I had an opportunity to score my first, but I let it rip and in it went. The fans in Yukon are like none other. They make every goal, no matter how clean or dirty, feel amazing and important. My rookie season consisted of big hits and blocked shots. Scoring only four goals meant that the crowd went crazy every time I put it in. This season I’ve already got 2 goals in 3 games, but I fully expect the fans to be just as loud if I score 20 as they were when I scored 4. (176 words)

[Image: latrielle.png]
Sig. Graphic made by Ragnar

Honestly it has to be Isaac Forty-One. That guy just never got on with Mr Zopf and I have no clue what that is all about. Every day for the past 4 years @C9Van Isaac has been professing their love to Mr Zopf... that's just kind of creepy and really puts off Mr Zopf. Makes it hard for him to focus on his game. It would be fine if it was outside of the sport, but Isaac does it when we're in the rink and on gamedays. It just really does not help the situation, especially when we are trying our best to make a push for playoffs. Maybe Mr Zopf is being just a little bit harsh, but you would find it difficult to concentrate on the task at hand with someone constantly trying to tell you they love you at every waking moment. Mr Zopf just needs some space to be frank. Committment is a big thing for Mr Zopf, so maybe it'll work out, maybe it won't.

175 words

Ace Lightning's first SMJHL goal with the Nevada Battleborn was a doozy! It happened against one of Nevada's biggest rivals - The Newfoundland Berserkers - and was a big moment in the game. Ace had just exited the penalty box after taking a two minute penalty for an unsportsmanlike conduct, because he told Berserker forward Guiness O'Bigbers that he wasn't actually all that good at hockey and the refs took it personally and maybe sat. It was an unfortunate penalty to take in a 0-0 game, but it lit a fire under Ace, and he decided to stay out for the rest of the period after coming out of the box to try to make it up to his team. With only 5 seconds left in the period, fellow rookie Alekss Ivanova took a shot with a juicy rebound that was heading right to Alexi Piastri with the empty net. Still being sad after taking that penalty, Lightning used his speed to cut off the rebound and snap it home for his first career goal. Piastri was okay with it because he has scored more goals then anybody else in the league.

Great goal.

I don't know about hate, but I've never seen someone sigh as much as our merchandise and events people do when I enter a room. Marton's been growing on the Kraken fandom and he loves getting to meet the fans. He's never been shy about signing autographs or shaking hands. So you'd think the publicity people would love him too, a player they can easily get out for events and get signed merch out for special events, raffles, or even just in the team shop. But there are two little issues that keep cropping up...

1) Marton is an on-time person. Like possibly *too* on-time. And he's not incredibly patient. If you say an event starts at 10am, he's going to be there at 9:30 and that event better start at 10am. It is not acceptable to open the doors at 10:15. It is also not acceptable to open them at 9:50. It's nice to know he'll never be late, but I think sometimes they'd rather just not deal with him.

2) His signature is a disaster. His normal handwriting is bad enough, but signing in cursive? Maybe that's a Diehm-signed hat, or maybe a monkey with a marker got loose in the store. Unless the customer watches Marton physically sign the item, the publicity team and salespeople have to field a lot of skepticism about the authenticity.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Hockey Prompt

There could be many interpretations of Kevens' first goal. His true first and second goals in a Citadelles jersey came during the S55 preseason. However, these two goals weren't preserved in any way since they weren't in "real" games. The excitement of playing in the SMJHL overrode the importance of any preseason goals and the true celebration of first goal is best experienced in the regular season. After scoring a solid 2 goals in 7 games during the preseason, Kev had to wait until the 29th game of the regular season to finally score again. The game was a 5-3 win in Carolina and the puck has been preserved as an important memento. The first goal for Kev in front of Citadelle fans at home happened during the 38th game in a 1-5 loss to Newfoundland. It was special for this first home goal to be the only one that game for the home team against an extremely strong Berserkers roster. After one other goal during the regular season in Colorado, Kev's first playoff goal came during a 6-3 victory in Anaheim in the second game of the playoffs. This first goal was special because it helped Quebec win their first ever playoff game which led to them also winning their first ever playoff series.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

[Image: XcNQD4A.png]

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

PT pass

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Hmm I’m going to have say @Seany148 yet again!!! We joined the timber around the same time and ever since then I’ve been praised as this golden boy of the team. He is definitely jealous of all the attention I’ve been getting from the management team. Just recently, he told me he hopes I move up next season because I got the captaincy instead of him. This way if I’m gone next season he can slide into that Captain role and the team will be his. This hatred has been a good thing for Ozolins tho! He’s pushing to work just as hard as Peter Tingle has and he’s becoming a star player because of it. Healthy competition amongst teammates is exactly what you want because it’ll push everyone to better. When they win the Four Star Cup this season whoever was Captain won’t even matter because they’ll all be Champions!