Create Account

State of the Russian Federation: Goaltenders

How is this still going?

[Image: gurbs.gif]

04-15-2023, 02:56 PMgurbs Wrote: How is this still going?

It was a good article

04-11-2023, 06:56 PMaleks Wrote: I'd be ok with replacing it with an SHL vs VHL vs GOMHL champions league format personally.

Slept on idea, make it happen

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

04-11-2023, 06:56 PMaleks Wrote: I'd be ok with replacing it with an SHL vs VHL vs GOMHL champions league format personally.
given that the two biggest leagues use different sim engines I doubt it would ever be possible unfortunately

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

04-15-2023, 04:59 PMboom Wrote: given that the two biggest leagues use different sim engines I doubt it would ever be possible unfortunately

anything is possible if you believe hard enough

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2023, 09:25 AM by Grapehead. Edited 1 time in total.)

Sorry... am I getting this argument correct:

Side1: These flags and symbols bring up awful feelings for some members of our community, perhaps we should reconsider this...

Side2: Think of all the users who arbitrarily chose this country as their fake player's home. Are we just going to rob those fake players of their fake home just to appease real people feeling real pain??

I don't recall Czechia fed putting up such a fight to keep the Czechoslovakia name in the SHL.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

04-17-2023, 09:25 AMGrapehead Wrote: Sorry... am I getting this argument correct:

Side1: These flags and symbols bring up awful feelings for some members of our community, perhaps we should reconsider this...

Side2: Think of all the users who arbitrarily chose this country as their fake player's home. Are we just going to rob those fake players of their fake home just to appease real people feeling real pain??

I don't recall Czechia fed putting up such a fight to keep the Czechoslovakia name in the SHL.
kinda, but 2 seems to be more down the path of a slippery slope of "every single country has been shitty to one population or another at some time therefore we should just scrap iihf entirely or not kick anyone out".

04-17-2023, 10:23 AMboom Wrote: kinda, but 2 seems to be more down the path of a slippery slope of "every single country has been shitty to one population or another at some time therefore we should just scrap iihf entirely or not kick anyone out".

That's why we shouldn't make any broad declarations like "any country to have committed a war crime shall be expelled" and treat things case by case.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

04-17-2023, 09:25 AMGrapehead Wrote: I don't recall Czechia fed putting up such a fight to keep the Czechoslovakia name in the SHL.

[Image: 90scomputers-640-1561696405.jpg]

Me n the pals arguing over dial up on whether to change Czechoslovakia

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

04-17-2023, 09:25 AMGrapehead Wrote: I don't recall Czechia fed putting up such a fight to keep the Czechoslovakia name in the SHL.

IIRC, there wasn't consultation, just a realization that all but one of the Czechoslovakia's players were Czech and the mixed team was no longer necessary nor fair so we kinda just made it happen.

There was some apprehension as a result, but I think it was mostly accepted... sorry anyone who didn't want the change.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

04-17-2023, 04:40 PMartermis Wrote: IIRC, there wasn't consultation, just a realization that all but one of the Czechoslovakia's players were Czech and the mixed team was no longer necessary nor fair so we kinda just made it happen.

There was some apprehension as a result, but I think it was mostly accepted... sorry anyone who didn't want the change.
would be interesting to see a slovak fed come back if the numbers were there