Create Account

State of the Russian Federation: Rebrand
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2023, 02:45 PM by hockeyfan. Edited 2 times in total.)

It is time for a change.

When I became head of the Russian Federation less than a month ago, the first thing I wanted to do was speak to the players in the Federation, as well as the leaders of the International Ice Hockey Federation, to see how they felt about Russia and whether a change was coming or welcomed. It was clear that this was an ongoing conversation but I did see some hesitation on how to proceed from both parties. There was a lot of dialogue between the players, as well as on the article about the state of our goaltending situation, and I believe that we have reached a compromise that will keep the SHL a positive and welcoming community for all.

Team Russia will be renamed as:

The Independent Russian Hockey Federation

We have also decided to change the flag, going away from the Russian colours of white, blue, and red, and instead adapt the flag of the Freedom of Russia legion, which is white, blue, and white. It has become a symbol of opposition to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

And the flag without the symbol:

You can read more about the significance of the flag here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-blue-white_flag, as well as the story of the Freedom of Russia Legion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_Russia_Legion

A succinct 5 minute video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ftFZnyYEw

This is an important change to make and I am privileged to be the one to do it. A new era begins for the Independent Russian Hockey Federation both on and off the ice, and we look forward to playing our first game with our new name, flag and colours in the upcoming IIHF tournament.

I am happy to answer any questions, and yes, I am still looking for a goaltender.

Thanks for being so open about this in your previous post. And thank you for being reasonable and helping to make this league a better place! Best of luck to the IRHF

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Thank you @hockeyfan for your compassion, understanding and work in leading the rebranding. I think our solution is the best way to disassociate the league/team from Russia's war crimes/oppressive regime while recognizing some Russian opposition to what is going on in Ukraine and the stance of your IHF team.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

I think we may quickly discover that using a different real life group is going to give us the same problems we are trying to escape in the first place.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

"It has become a symbol of opposition to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which is what we have always stood for as a Federation."

I get what you're going for, but I'd reword this or place it more directly to the regular Russian flag not your rebrand.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

04-17-2023, 02:25 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: I think we may quickly discover that using a different real life group is going to give us the same problems we are trying to escape in the first place.

I have added a flag without the logo as well now.

04-17-2023, 02:27 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: "It has become a symbol of opposition to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which is what we have always stood for as a Federation."

I get what you're going for, but I'd reword this or place it more directly to the regular Russian flag not your rebrand.

I have updated the wording a little bit, you are right.

what a progressive move and show of support!

Looking at you @KaleSalad and @aaronwilson to rebrand Canada next to leave the legacy of genocide, slavery, and gang rape behind us

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

04-17-2023, 03:02 PMCementHands Wrote: what a progressive move and show of support!

Looking at you @KaleSalad and @aaronwilson to rebrand Canada next to leave the legacy of genocide, slavery, and gang rape behind us

Always open to chat about these things to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Respect for the transparency and making changes to make others more comfortable

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

I love it, good change and thank you for listening to those impacted by Russia's actions. I look forward to seeing where you take the Fed!

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

People have been imprisoned for carrying this flag. Glad to make it our own.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

Good stuff.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

A perfect solution.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Shouldve gone back to da roots and use the Muscovy flag eh

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I love this solution, great work folks

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page