Create Account

Edmonton Blizzard Tampering Punishment
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 06:00 PM by gurbs.)

04-27-2023, 05:54 PMAleris Wrote: Hang on, this isn't a thread team.

this is PHI :monkaHmmm:

Philly lovessssssss drama :kek:

[Image: gurbs.gif]

04-27-2023, 05:40 PMgurbs Wrote: been a while.... thread team assemble!

Only 3 forward lines and 1 defense pairing... had to get an EBUG goalie. Disappointed with the turn out ngl.

@Caleb , @Drokeep , @DrunkenTeddy
@Evil_AllBran , @golden_apricot , @gurbs ,
@Jorec , @mcpumpkin , @RedCapeDiver ,

@RomanesEuntDomus , @Slappydoodle

1 Guest(s)

Wtf no 2D?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Only 3 forward lines and 1 defense pairing... had to get an EBUG goalie. Disappointed with the turn out ngl.

1 Guest(s)

TOR tamper thread lineup gets more points in a season than TOR real lineup

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

04-27-2023, 06:25 PMsteveoiscool Wrote: TOR tamper thread lineup gets more points in a season than TOR real lineup

lmaooooooooooo

[Image: gurbs.gif]

wooow hffo cheating ? no way. this is out of chracter....

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

04-27-2023, 04:32 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: Legalize nuclear bombs tampering

And nuclear bombs too

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

1 Guest(s)

Just happy to be on the team.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

1 Guest(s)

[Image: PHI-pepe2.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

04-27-2023, 01:54 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I sure love that we consider having to do CW a punishment now. Makes you wonder if it might not make sense to get rid of that thing altogether and hand those TPE out a different way if it's considered such a chore...
it should be -16 TPE and everyone gets a CW pass unless you break the law

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 07:21 PM by Caleb. Edited 1 time in total.)

1 Guest(s)
I am honored to have this opportunity.

[Image: sfpspinny.gif]

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

04-27-2023, 11:43 AMluke Wrote: We all forgot about @Tomen ‘s one huh

At the very least, I forgot that Tomen did something. Or I missed it.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2023, 12:37 PM by Bfine. Edited 2 times in total.)

Good evening,

The appeals team has received, deliberated and reached a decision on the appeal of the following Punishment: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=130482

The basis for this appeal is that Edmonton attempted to follow a customary process to be exempt from the tampering rule by getting permission from the Toronto GMs to speak with one of their users regarding an open co-GM position. This process is not described in the rulebook.

The following is an excerpt from the rulebook on tampering:
Tampering is defined as ANY attempt to persuade a player under contract with another team to sign with/join your team.
Attempts at tampering include, but are not limited to:
-Speaking about contract specifics, be it dollar value or term length.
-Speaking to a contracted player about roster openings, or where the tampered player would fit into your team's roster should they sign.
-Upselling your team's members, telling the tampered player how well they would fit in with the personalities on your team.
-Encouraging a player to ask for a trade request from their team to yours.

HO has typically allowed General Managers to gain permission from other team’s GMs to speak to one of their contracted players. In this particular case, HFFO asked the user to speak with his GMs. The user did send a message in the Toronto discord stating “Hey gang, I don’t know how to say or sugar coat this… I’m interested in that EDM co-gm position….” and received a reply from co-GM mcgriddleluver about 1 and a half hours later stating: “I wish you the best and I hope they hire someone else because it would suck to lose you”.

While we acknowledge that mcgriddle’s message could be interpreted as permission, the fact that the user in question did not formally apply for the position until after HFFO initiated trade discussions for said user with Toronto was significant in our determination that this met the threshold of tampering

HO also nullified a trade that was agreed to between Toronto and Edmonton for the acquisition of said player involving one of the draft picks included in this trade (S75 EDM 1st). While the trade was agreed upon we understand this was due to the circumstances involving the aforementioned tampering, therefore the trade remains nullified, however we have slid Edmonton's forfeited draft pick from S75 to S76 so that the S75 originally used in the trade negotiations is still a usable piece of a potential trade between Toronto and Edmonton.

The appeals committee has requested that head office immediately work towards adding the appropriate process for hiring external co-gm candidates to the rulebook. We also suggest that the external co-gm exception to the tampering rule be codified in the rulebook to avoid future confusion.

To summarize:
All aspects of the punishment stand with the forfeited first round pick moving from S75 to S76.

If there are any questions please ask a member of the Appeals Committee. Thank you.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

04-28-2023, 08:25 PMBfine Wrote: Good evening,

The appeals team has received, deliberated and reached a decision on the appeal of the following Punishment: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=130482

The basis for this appeal is that Edmonton attempted to follow a customary process to be exempt from the tampering rule by getting permission from the Toronto GMs to speak with one of their users regarding an open co-GM position. This process is not described in the rulebook.

The following is an excerpt from the rulebook on tampering:
Tampering is defined as ANY attempt to persuade a player under contract with another team to sign with/join your team.
Attempts at tampering include, but are not limited to:
-Speaking about contract specifics, be it dollar value or term length.
-Speaking to a contracted player about roster openings, or where the tampered player would fit into your team's roster should they sign.
-Upselling your team's members, telling the tampered player how well they would fit in with the personalities on your team.
-Encouraging a player to ask for a trade request from their team to yours.

HO has typically allowed General Managers to gain permission from other team’s GMs to speak to one of their contracted players. In this particular case, HFFO asked the user to speak with his GMs. The user did send a message in the Toronto discord stating “Hey gang, I don’t know how to say or sugar coat this… I’m interested in that EDM co-gm position….” and received a reply from co-GM mcgriddleluver about 1 and a half hours later stating: “I wish you the best and I hope they hire someone else because it would suck to lose you”.

While we acknowledge that mcgriddle’s message could be interpreted as permission, the fact that the user in question did not formally apply for the position until after HFFO initiated trade discussions for said user with Toronto was significant in our determination that this met the threshold of tampering

HO also nullified a trade that was agreed to between Toronto and Edmonton for the acquisition of said player because one of the draft picks to be forfeit was included in this trade (S75 EDM 1st). Since the trade was agreed upon by both parties 3 days before HO levied a tampering punishment, the appeals team committee decided that the trade should stand and the forfeit 1st round pick should slide to the next Edmonton 1st round pick (S76 EDM 1st). 

The appeals committee has requested that head office immediately work towards adding the appropriate process for hiring external co-gm candidates to the rulebook. We also suggest that the external co-gm exception to the tampering rule be codified in the rulebook to avoid future confusion.

To summarize:
All aspects of the punishment stand with the forfeited first round pick moving from S75 to S76.

If there are any questions please ask a member of the Appeals Committee. Thank you.

Please fix the font color for dark mode

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2023, 08:50 PM by sve7en. Edited 1 time in total.)

04-28-2023, 08:25 PMBfine Wrote: HO has typically allowed General Managers to gain permission from other team’s GMs to speak to one of their contracted players. In this particular case, HFFO asked the user to speak with his GMs. The user did send a message in the Toronto discord stating “Hey gang, I don’t know how to say or sugar coat this… I’m interested in that EDM co-gm position….” and received a reply from co-GM mcgriddleluver about 1 and a half hours later stating: “I wish you the best and I hope they hire someone else because it would suck to lose you”.

While we acknowledge that mcgriddle’s message could be interpreted as permission, the fact that the user in question did not formally apply for the position until after HFFO initiated trade discussions for said user with Toronto was significant in our determination that this met the threshold of tampering.

So, to be clear about where the issue is, the process to follow needs to be:

Outside interest notes interest to hiring GM or to their GM
Hiring GM says "noted" (or nothing at all), then reaches out to retaining GM
or
Retaining GM reaches out
Once further conversation is okayed, can talk more about job.

To do otherwise (talk to the player before clearing it GM to GM) is gonna be tampering because either the hiring GM has asked the player to start this process with their GM and it looks like influencing the player to leave their team.

e// or just like don't talk to contracted players about joining your org without talking to their gm

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

04-28-2023, 08:36 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Please fix the font color for dark mode
Use the better mode smh. Also done

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!