Create Account

The Next Generation of Vancouver Hockey
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2023, 11:29 PM by aleks. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Vancouver Whalers have been a part of this site since the founding of the SMJHL, over 70 seasons ago, and have a long and rich history within it. However, one thing that has always held the whalers back was their branding. Throughout the teams history, we have used a variety of logos, jerseys, and a brand identity that lacks creativity, and doesn't reflect the passion that we as a group have for this team.

That changes today.

With a brand new young core of new Whalers, and a desire to return to the SMJHL's elite, we thought now was the perfect time to finally build an identity we can call our own:

[Image: VAN_Brand_Display2.png?width=1226&height=676]

As a Vancouverite and a Canucks fan, the colours and iconography of the Whalers have always touched home with me ever since I joined the site 6 years ago, and I definitely wasn't going to look at changing them with this rebrand. What we've done instead is refresh the existing look, while taking further steps to tie the logo more firmly with the city of Vancouver. The green chevron that sits on top of the shield represents the land and forest that Vancouver was built upon. The mountains featured in the background, are the North Shore Mountains, commonly seen in photos of Vancouver. Below the tail, the alternating white and blue wave bars represent the sea. The shields shape, the green chevron, and the alternating wave pattern are all found on Vancouver's flag, giving them more significant meaning, especially to the many users in British Columbia. The secondary logo featured on the bottom left and right also feature same wave alternating waves. This logo should be very familiar to most as it is a new twist on the previous secondary logo.

I'd like to take the time to thank @HanTheMan_ for his excellent work with the monogram, wordmark, primary logo and jerseys, and id like to begrudgingly thank @nour for his work on the secondary logo. This process was a long time coming and I'm definitely glad to bring forward a new identity that we can be proud of and bind together under.

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Love it <3

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Bro hasn’t won a cup with Vancouver but thinks he can change the logo

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Whaler Nation Forever! Whalers

Sexy new look

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

That's just straight up fire

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

this is niiiiice

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

very cool

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

its aight

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

05-17-2023, 11:46 PMnour Wrote: its aight
Downrepped

[Image: izzy.PNG]

das write

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

love it

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Awwww, I want to hate it because you know, I am me and you guys are the Knight's rivals. But honestly it looks fantastic...I hate that I said that.

Well done Vancouver, Aleks, you guys will look great losing to the Knights next season and moving forward.

Damn I hate they look so good.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Damnnnn! That looks fire!

Great job for everyone who had a part in this!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Whalers