Create Account

Shuttering the Thunderdome

F

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2023, 11:00 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

I don't see why people couldn't just scroll past it if they know they've got thin skin, but i guess they're too nosy to not look eh.

RIP. Was a good ride.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

It was a terrible idea when it first came out as a spot people could say what they want without repercussions.

Fantastic idea to shut this thing down. It had only been a negative space. Should have been done a long time ago.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

donederdome

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

06-11-2023, 11:00 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: I don't see why people couldn't just scroll past it if they know they've got thin skin, but i guess they're too nosy to not look eh.

RIP. Was a good ride.
it just kept ending up with people dogpiling on it and doing copypastas/shitposting well after whatever the initial reason the thread might have been started got addressed

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

06-11-2023, 10:34 PMtrella Wrote: Thunderdome is the only way to get forum activity these days so we should prob just transfer the whole league to discord atp
This but unironically

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

06-11-2023, 11:23 PMBfine Wrote: This but unironically
I vote GroupMe

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Congratulations to the HO, we all know it was not the easiest decision.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

Moving all my hate to the real world now

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Thunderdome was like the only thread worth reading

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

now that we have one less reason to visit the actual website can we have the arcade and army game from jcink back i was number 1 high score for asteroids and im kind of hurt that it was taken away from me

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

while i agree that inclusiveness and attempting to remove hatred and anger is a good thing, the notion that removing a section of the site alone will remove or reduce divisiveness in the community is quite frankly laughable.

there will be other places that shit like what was once in the thunderdome will pop up. media, general discussion, other such things. I don't believe it is the view of head office that removing the thunderdome will remove the toxicity, but if it is then it's an incredibly naive outlook.

instead of removing an easily monitored outlet for the bullshit that shitters good and bad will post, my personal opinion is that severely cracking down on behavior in the thunderdome should have been the first step, for the sole reason that it addresses the problem at the root rather than cutting off a branch - a very big branch that's important to the tree, but that it can very easily survive without. negativity will persist literally everywhere unless we burn it from the ground up.

props to HO for attempting to make changes for the better on the site regardless of my personal opinions. not a bad decision by any means and I do not intend to bash HO, simply an alternative outlook.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

06-11-2023, 10:10 PMWaters Wrote: she domin my thread till i thunder

*Inconceivably loud incorrect buzzer noise*

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Looking forward to the article on top 10 thunderdomes of all time
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2023, 12:06 AM by GeckoeyGecko.)

honestly i worry that this will lead to an even cliquier site. Without somewhere to vent these discussions, I worry that they'll stay in LRs and other echo chambers, leading to further division and animosity. Or maybe I just miss my like weekly source of drama.

e

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e