Create Account

S72 SHL Draft Thoughts
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2023, 06:29 PM by Aephino. Edited 6 times in total.)

Hello SHL GMs! Welcome to my way-too-early SHL Draft thoughts! Then again, we're already halfway through the season and only one month until the draft. I did this for the S71 SMJHL Draft and it was fun (not to mention a quick boost to my bank account). This is where I share my honest opinions about each SHL team at the present date and time to let you know my current feelings about being drafted there. At the time of writing, I have no clue what the draft order will be, so that is not accounted for. These are subject to change, although many of these are roughly how well I expect to fit. I plan to be here for the long haul and would rather not immediately request a trade out (and screw over your draft pick) so this really is a two-way street. Please feel free to reach out if you want to chat!!

S Tier

This group of teams would be a prime draft spot. I've never been in these LRs before and I think it would be great to try something new! These teams have solid GMs and will be fighting for the Challenge Cup. Their LRs appear to be a good fit based on the current rosters. Winnipeg also has one of the best branding in the league.

Stampede Buffalo Stampede Stampede

Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Wolfpack New England Wolfpack Wolfpack 

A Tier

I have been on both of these teams! I loved my time in Texas the first go-around and it is thanks to them that I won two Challenge Cups. And I know I've said it a lot and he's not even the GM of Seattle anymore but shoutout to Tig because that dude is one of the main reasons I'm still here today. Anyway, both these teams are more in the rebuilding phase, but I also know they have won multiple Challenge Cups and I expect them to fight to return to that level.

Argonauts Seattle Argnoauts Argonauts

Renegades Texas Renegades Renegades

B Tier

We have a little mix of teams here. Edmonton is more of a title challenger, while the others are rebuilding. These are teams I know less about but am interested to learn more! I was actually on Tampa Bay for my penultimate season with Edward Williams but was not active at the time. These teams also have solid GMs and appear to have LRs that I would feel comfortable being in.
Barracuda Tampa Bay Barracuda Barracuda

Dragons Calgary Dragons Dragons

pride San Francisco Pride pride

Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard Blizzard

C Tier

Another mix of teams here. Atlanta and Chicago are pushing to be contenders, while Los Angeles and Baltimore are rebuilding, and Toronto is tanking. I was also on Los Angeles for two stints with Edward Williams but I was not active at the time. Overall, I definitely don't know too much about these teams. I don't think I would be be unhappy if I was drafted to any of these.

Inferno Atlanta Inferno Inferno

syndicate Chicago Syndicate syndicate

Stars Toronto North Stars Stars

Panthers Los Angeles Panthers Panthers

Platoon Baltimore Platoon Platoon

D Tier

Now we are reaching the lower tiers of the list. Again, these are potentially the teams where GMs could reach out and talk to me and I could see myself changing my mind and bumping you up 1-2 tiers. There just may be certain stigmas about these teams or players. I am unfamiliar with the ins and outs, especially from recent seasons, so it would certainly be helpful to learn more.

Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks Steelhawks

Forge Philadelphia Forge Forge

Rage Manhattan Rage Rage

F Tier

We have now reached the final tier. If I am being really honest, I struggle to see myself on any of these teams. Please don't hesitate to reach out, but I admit I don't know if I see myself changing my mind. We have three cool brands here, though!

Monarchs Minnesota Monarchs Monarchs

Patriotes Montreal Patriotes Patriotes

Specters New Orleans Spectres Specters

That's all folks! I cannot reiterate enough: please do not let anything on this post stop you from reaching out! I also know it is early in the scouting process (aka no one has begun scouting yet), but I figured I would help you with a little head-start. Best of luck to everyone for the remainder of the season!

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

worry not

i don't have a first this year either

thanks @notorioustig

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

L

[Image: izzy.PNG]

rorarorarora

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

We didn't want you anyways :( </3

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

i love everyone <3

06-12-2023, 02:17 PMadamantium Wrote: worry not

i don't have a first this year either

thanks @notorioustig

Love getting shoutouts from two of my fav people in one thread

<3 @Aephino

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

TEX TEX TEX

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

noted SHL team, Hamilton Seahawks

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

06-12-2023, 03:35 PMValpix Wrote: noted SHL team, Hamilton Seahawks

I never said I was smart Smile

Just happy to see Calgary not be at the bottom of the list lol

Welcome back!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

F tier, wild

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

You literally reported me for being a dumb

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

How is EDM that low...... :copium:

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2023, 12:30 PM by Benpachi.)

06-12-2023, 05:04 PMCampinKiller Wrote: F tier, wild
jokes on OP, we don't draft XD

[Image: banes.png]