Create Account

S71 PT#5: That's a Wrap

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE

The arena is shaking. 20 thousand (or so) New England hockey fans crammed into the new facility that has been built in Massachusetts. It is opening night at the new facility. It is only natural they cheer and lose their minds.

The arena is shaking. Arena songs play at decibel levels well above the range that causes permanent hearing damage, but no one care, they are all too busy stomping their feet and clapping their hands. singing along to songs they know only the chorus too, while they await the show to begin.

The arena is shaking. Hooligans get especially rowdy. Dangling from ledges and balconies, starting fights, leading the superfans section in incredibly synchronized cheers and demonstrations of fandom loyalty. Their slamming of the nearest flat surfaces to make noise is ear grating.

The arena is shaking. The arena is hoisted thousands of feet into the air suddenly as it is ripped from its foundations by giant metal legs. Hockey's Baba Yaga, turns eastward and marches into the sea, to move the team to Czechia once and for all.

The arena is shaking.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Opening night is going to be a banger. You have to start by offering half price drinks on opening night. We all know they make bank on drinks so half price drinks isn’t going to break the bank and our fans are destined to get rowdy. Next we will have indoor fireworks between the first and second periods to get the fans jacked up. I’ve seen this done in other arenas and it is such a good time especially for the kids in attendance. T-shirt cannons need to be shot off numerous times throughout the night because fans love free stuff and a swag bag needs to be handed out as fans leave the arena. The bag will include a puck, lanyard and a half off coupon for tickets on their next game. If fans decide to want to stick around there will be autograph signings and “meet the player” events in the concourse post game.

After the shock that the team is actually being relocated wears off it is time to embrace the new home. Being from Canada and Playing in the WHL coming up Cale is very familiar with the city of Saskatoon! The Event can only be started by attending opening the rink early after sectioning off part of the parking in order to add extra event space a live band and many interactive activities like puck shooting and meet the Forge Mascot, the melting pot, for pictures. This of course would be pregame after the light show and new opening songs and pregame celebration its game time! Now after the game is when the party really starts. They would make Cale along with a few others probably @CementHandsand fan favorites @Evil_AllBran, and @Gwdjohnson do some signatures and pictures with fans before having and after party that would no doubt be hosted at Hudsons downtown. You would have to buy tickets ahead of time to make sure you didn’t miss any of these events as it will be one hell of a party!

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Written Task 1:

Finally, its over. The season has been stressful enough but throwing in the drama of the new stadium was ridiculous. With nothing to do, because the team did not reach the playoffs and my overwhelming desire to meddle in the affairs of the local politicians our esteemed owner wanted to ensure opening night would meet my expectations and said the check book was open…the fool!

To get things started I contacted the league and had them agree to have us as an earlier game for national broadcast on opening night. We would do a stadium tour with a camera crew and the SHL tonight’s favorite host Jacque Hammer. We would give them a behind the scenes tour of the newest food options, local craft beer selection, the maintenance room and the tech room, the away team’s locker room (AKA the DUNGEON) and the home team’s locker room, weight room and R&R room (The pride and joy of our stadium Soaker tubs, massage tables, 75” TVs for review and gaming, Italian leather recliners fitted for each team member), the Hall of history. We would follow up with a ribbon cutting ceremony and a live concert (I feel like Journey would be appropriate). During the game we would have a 2nd intermission concert (like a half time show). After the game there would be a fire works show and a small carnival for all fans who attended the game and players would be available for a meet and greet afterwards. To top it all off the next SHL draft would be scheduled to take place within the stadium, creating a buzz for new draftees as they have a chance to see the best of what the SHL has to offer.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Creative Prompt:

Opening night for the Yukon Malamutes! This will definitely be an unforgettable night for the fans, players, and every one in attendance. For the special night, the Yukon Malamutes have tasked their best and brightest in the research and development department to somehow figure out how to capture the northern lights and bring it indoors. No, not just some fancy lighting and smoke effects. The actual northern lights. With the solar gamma rays, radiation, and the ozone layer, the team spared no expense on figuring out how to capture it and harness the raw power just to put on a 5 minutes show for the fans in attendance. No safety precautions or protective equipment will be given to the fans or players in attendance, a little bit of northern lights never killed anyone. With the fans and players in attendance, there will also be an option to turn the northern lights dial up to 10 with monetary donations, every $5 donation will increase the intensity of the indoor northern lights by 1%, it won't take much to get to %100.

Any and all proceeds will go towards "Shooting Tanner into the Sun"

193 words

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

Alright I did not want this new arena but here it is, so let's make the best of it. I think with a team as historic as Edmonton, this is a great opportunity to celebrate the teams heritage. Of course this includes the great players of the past, the trophies the won and the cups they brought home for the team. But maybe even more importantly for this special occasion, I think this is a great opportunity to take a look back at all the great places we have played in over the literal decades that the franchise has been around at this point. I think this is a nice change of pace from the usual history nights that are all about the players and their accomplishments and a nice chance to learn more about the history of the city, what led to the team ending up in the places they were in before the multifunctional super arenas of modern times became a thing.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

I would intentionally start to subtlety air out all of the organization's dirty laundry in interviews until I was told to stop cooperating with questions.  Then I would either be the next Torts or I would just have to give the media the Marshawn Lynch treatment.  I could never be a captain in the NHL because it seems like the media purposely asks the same stu[id questions after every single game.  God forbid if your team loses to a beatable team.  "Hey how did this loss feel?"  Yeah really good question, thanks for asking.  I hope we can continue to lose instead of win because you always learn more from a loss than you do a win.  If there is something this team needs, its education.  So if we lose the next 80 games, then next season we should be one of the most educated teams in the league!  Then we'll go to the cup finals!!!!  So yes, thank god we lost, and I hope it keeps happening.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

The Seattle Argonauts' opening of the new Climate Pledge Center will involve a wide array of spectacles. A local Washington band will perform the national anthem, fans will pack the house, and many of the politicians that played a significant role in helping with the process of building the arena will all be there, present and attending.

There will be a ceremonial face off, obviously. There will also be lots of events going on in the newly upgraded stadium district, including hype up events in a new public square (fans can watch the game outside in a watch party for big saturday night games). Fans can enjoy the many new amenities, including a nice sports bar built into the arena where fans can enjoy a night out with the atmosphere of the arena in the background. Yes, that means that when one of the players on the VAMOS line rips home the first goal in the new barn, those fans can hear it all the way from their table at the sports bar.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2023, 03:29 PM by FuriousChicken. Edited 1 time in total.)

SSL Affiliate

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

Player Prompt - Written

I'll take it one step further. Antonio Flusso (and every other SHL player) isn't contractually obligated to even acknowledge the owner/owners or interact with them at all. If my owner even attempted to say two words to me I would simply walk in the other direction. If they persisted, I would notify my agent, who depending on the situation would be able to get a lawyer involved. I will put it all on the ice for the team, and if the owner is a good one, I may even speak highly of them, but I will never interact with them if I don't want to. So if the owner wants me shilling for him because he's too cheap to pay for a new arena, there is a 0% chance I say anything to him or on behalf of him. I would probably even let that stance be known publicly. If that upsets the owner, so be it. The GM is the one I answer to, and if they face the owner's wrath and decide I'm not worth the hassle, I accept the consequences. But I've got the fans on my side, and that's all that really matters.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT: With everything we have been putting our fans through during this period that was filled with rumours of us relocating to a bunch of different other cities, the team fell they need to apologize to them and the best way to do this is by bribing them with mean the team will give them a bunch of free shit so these fans can go around and tell others how great we are and how we care about them. When they enter the arena, all the fans would get a coupon book that they can only use during the night of the game to get free things or discounted items. The first coupon would provide fans with two hot dogs and a free for free, a second food coupon would be for a choice between popcorn and nachos. They would also get a free set of trading cards with contains a card of every player on the team and finally, they would have wanted last coupon which is a 20$ discount at the team shops to encourage them to spend money on some gear of the team.

186 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT

We finally got our new stadium! That's awesome. We will start the party in the afternoon before the game. We will install a lot of inflatable games, playing ground, and other things to make a great familly day for the youngster and parents of New-Orleans, because one day without asking what you can do to amuse your kids, is a win in my book. Around 5 P.M, we will change the scenary to make a "tailgate" like party. We will have bbq, beers, and food trucks everywhere around the new stadium. Everything to make our fans happy. During the game, people that didnt have the chance to buy a ticket, but still want to enjoy the game, can come in the parking lot where we will install a big screen to watch the game with others Specters fans. After the game a big stage will be up outside, so you can watch the band Imagine Dragons, that will play until midnight. Really an opening night to remember.

170 words

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Opening Night
About time all this crap is over. This cake is huge, Like I am talking 8 feet tall and 30 feet around. Spectre colours all purple and black, spooky ghost on it. We are going to have a giant two person tree cutting saw to make the first cut, and about halfway into it it is going to start leaking and spewing out a misty smoke, or 'spirits' as we will be calling them. This is going to mist out and spread all over the ice and into the stands. We are realeasing spooky spirits and spectres into our home ice and stadium! This will for sure give us amazing luck and good fortune for all games to be played in here. This will have to be done quite a bit before the game as there are 3 cannisters of smoke making stuff in there so it takes awhile to release and even longer to dissipate. The fans will never forget it and it will be talked about for years to come, as it is the greatest arena opening ever.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

prompt one

thank god we're not moving to saskatoon (i wouldn't have to see @Jepox face to face but that's another story) - it might be a city just as boring as winnipeg. and i'm glad that i don't have to do this shit anymore (our owner fucking blows) after planning this party. it might be formal but i genuinely do not care. the gimmick for the new hamilton steelhawks arena opening night is "what if we threw a fratter here". i'm talking tons of kegs (all natty lite baby) for fucking cheap. a successful keg stand gets you a free jersey or tickets to another game (your choice). the little kids get root beer for a major discount because they can't drink. lots of tables for pong (of the beer or root beer variety, up to you). the frattiest game in shl history would be my planning and i couldn't be happier

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Prompt 2

M'Baku Olubori is absolutely going to enforce his contract as written, and if he didn’t, his General Manager Johnny Hamilton absolutely will. You see, people need to remember Johnny is an agent, so contract language is his bread and butter. He’s been annoyed much of this season as the owners have overreached and gone around the people paid to do these jobs (we have sales, marketing, community relations, and government relations staff for a REASON!) to eke more value out of the athletes, and that doesn’t fly. While Baku is incredibly kind to fans and puts on a good face with them, he does not share the same with elected officials, business leaders, and the owners. At this point, I imagine the owners are sick of the “attitude” from Olubori just trying to keep his peace. At this point, however, between his agent, Mxr. Viv Tick-Wallace, and GM Hamilton, Baku doesn’t have to say a thing to the owners. They management at Hamilton Sports Agency is busy at work defending their clients’ rights.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]