Create Account

An introduction to the Update Portal

Hey everyone! The dev team has been hard at work putting together the new Portal, and we've recently been pulling in different groups to do some initial beta testing to help find bugs or to suggest some good QoL features we might not have thought of. With that said, I wanted to take some time to introduce the 95% of this site that aren't in those groups to what we've been working on. I've recorded some short videos and typed up some walk-throughs about the 'meat and potatoes' of the Portal; player creation and updates.

For reference, here is the recent announcement thread: SHL Portal Announcement

In this first video, I've logged into the Portal without an active player. Maybe this is my first time creating, or I've retired and I'm ready to recreate. The first group of fields are the player info fields, which includes several required fields and some optional fields. Both Render and Recruiter are optional, while the rest are required to continue. Next, you can see that I start to apply some attributes, buth then decide I'll use one of the available Roles. This highlights important attributes for me, so I decide to reallocate some of my starting 155 TPE. This form dynamically manages what the minimum and maximum values are, including thinks like Shooting Accuracy or Range, which have some position specific caps. When I click Submit, I'm warned that I have some attributes at or above 15. This doesn't block me from submitting my new player, but would allow me to hit cancel to go back and adjust those attributes before proceeding. You must use all 155 TPE to proceed with creating. Once submitted, your new player is put in a pending state to be approved by the Head Office! We display a notification at the top of the page letting you know this, while displaying the info/attributes of your created player. There's also a large invite to the SHL Discord server.

In the second video, Head Office has approved my player and I now see a notification inviting me to the rookie Discord, as well as a notification letting me know that the new season has just started! I can clear these notifications, and start completing things like the Activity Check, Weekly Training, Training Camp and Seasonal Coaching. Activity Check is a simple button click now, while Weekly Training presents you with the training options you're eligible to purchase. These two buttons stay present even after that weeks completion, but will be in a disabled state. Training Camp is also a one-click gain of TPE, while Seasonal Coaching now allows you to purchase per TPE, letting you split the purchase up over the season. When Training Camp has been completed, or when you've purchased all available Seasonal Coaching for the season, those buttons are hidden until the beginning of the next season.

On the Player page I can also submit change requests for things like Player Name, Position and Render that immediately remove the funds from my bank and are sent to Head Office for approval. Once approved, these changes will show on my Player Page. Changing your Jersey Number is instantaneous.

Near the bottom of the player page I can expand section that show me all of my Update Events (player changes, attribute changes) as well as TPE Events (PT's, AC's, Training etc). In the Attributes section, there is a menu that expands to show the following options: Update, Regress, Redistribute and Retire. If I have available TPE and I'm not at the 350/425 cap, I can update my attributes immediately using the Update form. Regression will only be available when my Applied TPE is more than my Total TPE (example in the fourth video below). Redistribution is available as long as you haven't already used your 80 TPE allotment for the season.

In the third video, I'm using the new Player Build Tool. I can access this from the main navigation bar at the top, or click directly on the magnifying glass on my (or any other players) Player Page. If I click the link from my Player Page, my current build is automatically populated. I can either use my available TPE to plan a build, or increase/decrease this amount to plan for future updates or regression. I can save these builds locally and generate shareable links, similar to the current Player Build Tool.

In the fourth video, it's now time to retire my player. Through the menu in the Attributes section, I can click Retire and type in my player name to proceed. This will take me back to the Create a Player page where I could choose to Unretire (for a 15% TPE penalty), which I do in this video. This reduction in TPE puts me in Regression (which is noted next to Applied TPE. Note: This is also where you'll be notified if your build is at the current J Caps of 350/425), which means I need to use the Regress option from the menu to reduce my Attributes until I have positive TPE again. With this new Player Page, Regression is handled on it's own and you can only reduce attributes. If you then have a surplus of TPE, you can use the Update form to apply it immediately.

Also available in the portal are Team pages, similar to the Index, that allow you to view a current teams Roster and Prospects. You can view their Player Page directly, and even view their build in the Build Tool.

Another page is the Search page, which allows you to apply different filters to view different players, and then select them to compare their Total TPE over time. This particular feature will be a bit funky at the beginning, but as time goes on and people perform weekly tasks and seasonal trainings/regressions, it'll be a good way to see precisely how you've performed against your Draft class peers or teammates!

In closing; There are absolutely things that I didn't dive into here (what happens if your new player gets denied, for instance; you see the same create form with all of your original info and can adjust whatever needs adjusting) as well as process questions I might not be the best suited person to answer, BUT.... I'm happy to answer any and all questions I can to help raise awareness and increase visibility/preparedness for when we launch the Portal in S73!

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

My goat

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

rookie stuff here, do you even do any work?

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

I love this, this is amazing. Worthy of a recreate I would say

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Downer the goat!

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Bowdown

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

This is all so damn cool. Great work!

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

I'm blown away by how fuckin cool this is. I can't wait to get to start using it!!

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Amazing amazing amazing

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

[Image: 8e1a011690169219a6ba376115367681--entrep...ticles.jpg]

Now this is life changing

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

needs more visibility tbh

Needs more cowbell

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

I love this but i also want to make a joke about automating the entire league into a simulation simulation hockey league

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

07-15-2023, 04:54 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: I love this but i also want to make a joke about automating the entire league into a simulation simulation hockey league
there's no joke in there