Create Account

S71 All Star Week
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2023, 12:32 PM by Bonk. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. Milestones = +1 TPE - My one measy milestone       and BTW is this really the process “Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.”

2a. The league's best scorers that I would rather have and why is quite simple is and obvious, Evil AllBran. Why you ask, his first name is Evil, and the name Evil is just cool name. I mean just take a look at Evil Knievel. Do I really need more of a reason.
Words~52 +1 TPE

3. Considering the SHL is so amazing job at promoting the all-star game I have no idea where I can find out information on the all-star teams or the game. As it has been for at least the past 50 seasons, and I have been complaining about it for about that long.  BAD JOB SHL. You look for “all star” or “all-star” in the home page and you cannot find anything on the current all-star game maybe a link in this SHL Player Progression, S71 All Star Week post would be helpful.  So here my theoretical view on S71 All stars for the New Orleans Specters as I have no idea where to look for this information. I am guessing that the New Orleans Specters had three all-stars because why not. Clearly the three all stars are Attis Hale, Patya Perevalov and Giannis Kroustis. Why because they scored the most points last season with Attis Hale racking up 38 goals and 54 assists for a total of 92 points, Patya Perevalov racking up 27 goals and 47 assists for a total of 74 points and Giannis Kroustis racking up 24 goals and 46 assists for a total of 70 points. Impressive numbers.
Words~196 +3 TPE

4. Here I go again, writing about something I cannot find information on. Thanks again SHL!  I would actually enjoy reading up on the all-star to write something fact based off the actual teams and the results but where do you look? So here we go.  I would have to say the player not on my own team that I am most excited to see in action is Dogwood Maple, hopefully they made the all-star team. I really hope they did so I can get credit for this, Dogwood Maple fired out an amazing 296 shot, which would be crazy to see and hopefully that and his other stats were good enough to make the all-star game. Although it would be better if he was named Cornus Acer but that is just me. A link to the all-star game and roster in the TPE task would probably help. I really hope this is actually read so maybe some improvements could be made. This is probably something I would have vent in Thunderdome but I cannot not even do that. Where does someone go to raise this issue? Is this something should addressed as a media piece?
Words~195 +3 TPE

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2023, 02:06 PM by raymond3000. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
+2 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The goal scoring race this season ended in a tie between Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, each potting a phenomenal 60 goals. They'll be lining up on opposide sides of the faceoff dot this all star game. Which of our league's best scorers would you rather have and why?
b. Borje Samuelsson lead all the league's defensemen in points this season with an incredible statline of 22-59-81 in 66 games played. However, the best defensive defenseman in this all star game is Adelie de Pingu, who put up 16-40-56 in the same number of games played while still recording the best average defensive performance of anyone who made primetime. Which of these defensemen will have a better showing this weekend and why?
c. The eastern conference will be lining up in front of netminders Casey Fantoben and Brick Wall, while the west will play in front of Justin Time and Jon St. Ark. Which team should be more comfortable with their backstop tandem? Why?
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why is this such an egregious snub? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates who didn't instead!)

a. While both Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson are among the league's best players, I would rather have Allbran on my team. Gunnarsson put up more points this season, but they probably benefit from playing on a powerhouse Winnipeg Aurora in the weaker Western Conference. On the other hand, Allbran put up nearly the same amount of points going against tougher competition.

b. We all know all star games are a glorified shinny, and in these games players do not try their hardest. This type of environment is perfect for offensive players to shine, and Borje Samuelsson, who is probably the top offensive defenseman in the SHL, will likely have a better showing in the all star game compared to the more defensively oriented Adelie de Pengu.

c. The eastern conference will have much more confidence in the goaltenders, as Brick Wall and Fantobens are proven Challenge Cup winning goalies while the western goalies have yet to prove anything in the playoffs. The same goes for the two teams in general, as the eastern conference all-stars boast a significantly better roster than their counterparts.

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)
The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?
The voting results have been finalized, and the lucky last players in are Petr Svoboda and Ben Der in the Eastern Conference and Luke Laraque and Luca Hunziker in the West. There were several good candidates for the last forward spot in the east, but Petr Svoboda is certainly a worthy choice as one of the league's top power forwards. Another worthy candidate would have been Grogu Mandosson, the top line centre from the Patriotes and arguably the top two-way player in the league. Ben Der is an interesting choice, as he is a defensive defenseman, but it is nice to see him rewarded for another season of leading the league in shots blocked. Finally, in the west, it seems the Blizzard fans have stuffed the voting boxes, as they have gotten their players to fill both of the last player in slots. Both players are certainly deserving though, and there isn't a whole lot of other talent in the west.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

+3 TPE - Milestones

+2 TPE - S71 SMJHL Milestones

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

1. Milestones

Milestones 2 TPE

A) I rather hace Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson on my team, but AllBran is also an incredible and talented player. Why LEG? Because I like his profile and he's clearly the best sharpshooter in the league. His speed is one of the fastest also and he's so magical with the puck. He's also a player I would like to defend, because I'm the type of player who lwill always take the hits for the stars and that's kinda my role. 
B) Borje is clearly one of the greatest offensive defenseman in the league, but I prefer Adelie de Pengu, because they are more an all-around defenseman. Of course Borje has more points, so that's why I think he will have a better All-Star Game than de Pengu. I personnally prefer all-around defenseman, but Borje will have a better spotlight during the game due to his incredible offensive talent.
C) With his last playoffs performances, Casey Fantobens is on an insane streak. He's so on fire and Wall also had an incredible season with an impressive .914 save percentage. We cannot deny Fantobens skills as he demonstraded that he's clearly one of the best goalie in the league. St Ark and Time are also really great, but no one is as great as Fantobens this season.
D) DAD should have made the All Star Game because he is the hardest worker in the league. With almost a point per game, DAD is not the most electrific player, but he clearly has some moves in his arsenal that he can show off. The All Star Game should have ONE player who might not be the most electrific, but an hard worker, like John Scott in the NHL a couple years ago.

4 TPE

3. OH THEO KONDOS! What a legend. First year back in Texas and he's already an all-star. I remember facing him on my first years and I wished than someday he would go back to Texas. Awesome opponent and I really liked playing against him, but now he's my teammate and I'm so grateful about that. He's really invested on the team and he wants us to give our 100%. He's like a mentor to me and to everyone else on the team. He was our best player this year and it's really logic that it happened. He's a veteran, a real one and he knows the game. He knows a lot about the SHL and he is well respected around the league. I really hope that he will have a great All-Star Game and we willl be cheering for him directly from our home! Kondos will show to the league that Texas is great and that we have a lot of talent!

3 TPE

TOTAL : 2 + 4 + 3 = 9 
Maximum 8 TPE

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

Milestones +1
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2023, 04:59 PM by Flowseidon. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones (3 TPE)

Claim Link

3. Who got in from your team? (184 words) (3 TPE)

I have to give major props to Sophie Bordeleau for making the all-star game this year. She was such an integral part of the team both on and off the ice that I really can't think of anyone from the squad who deserved it more.

Off the ice, Sophie is a great leader for the team, and is always willing to help the crew out. Whether it be letting them know what they need to work on, where to put their training, or just shooting the shit with the team, she has been great for everyone.

On the ice, the results speak for themselves. Notching up over a point per game, and doing that while leading the team in goals, assists, and points (obviously). It was only traditional stats that favoured her though. She had stats among the top of the team in nearly every category of advanced analytics, showing that the team was better off when she was on the ice. This bodes really well for the future of the Dragons as she tries to cement herself as a perennial leader in team stats.

4. Who are you excited to see from another team? (154 words)(3 TPE)

I think the obvious answer Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson. That guy has given me absolute nightmares every single time I've ended up matched up against him. Worse still is that he plays for one of our hated in conference rivals. Lias is likely the best player in the lea gue right now and was absolutely dominant all season leading the league in goals scored, and going at a clip of nearly 2 points per game. The level of offensive dominance exhibited by Lias is hard to match any season, and he's still has plenty of time to grow and dominate in this league.

It will be nice to get the chance to cheer for him and not be judged, because damn if it isn't ever exciting to see that level of dominance and skill in the league because it is just so impressive. Well, when it isn't against me that is. Then it is absolutely terrifying.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

S71 SMJHL Milestones TPE - +3 TPE

S70 SMJHL Rookie Goaltender -  Scarecrows
[Image: image0.jpg]

Milestones

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Claiming 2 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, And Now, For the Main Event (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to utterly dominate this event? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, then and only then may you pump your own tires.)

On the junior side, unfortunately, our dismal season has led to only one of us Grizzlies being invited to the All-Star weekend - Marquise Hill, one of our veterans on the line-up - even with our decent crop of rookies playing fairly well. It was a season to forget in Montana, and we'll be cheering our ex-teammate from the sidelines with the hopes of bringing more representatives next season. However, on the senior side, the San Francisco Pride locker room celebrated the nomination of our stand-out sophomore, KyIe Murray, who had a breakout season, surpassing the PPG mark for the first time in his career - and hopefully, far from the last! We wished we could have also seen rookie, and an ex-teammate of Levin in Québec City, Viktor Hargreeves make his way on the All-Star roster as well, but if he can lift the Jesster trophy in next week's Awards Ceremony, the team can consider this season a complete success. As for Murray, anyone who has watched Pride games this season can tell you what he can bring to the table - blistering speed, an innate ability to get himself open in the offensive zone, and a laser of a wrist shot. We know he will represent the team well, and Levin will for sure ask him about his experience during training camp.

(229 words)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Movable Spotlights (150 words min.)
Which player NOT on your own team are you most excited to see in action? Do you finally get the chance to cheer on a hated rival's star player as they represent your conference? Have you been tormented by a young player on a rebuilder that hasn't yet made their mark on teams out-of-conference?

On the SMJHL side, Levin will intently be watching a Maine Timber member, Latvian sensation Edzus Ozolins - whom he fought in the late season, in an outburst of rage after Ozolins ran into Grizzlies' goalie Beau Kavanagh, and his team needed a spark to keep up with the best team in the league. Even though their bout was spirited, Ozolins reached out to Schattenaxt after the game, which led to the two young men exchanging contact information and learning to know each other. Underneath the rugged exterior, Levin discovered a very humble personality, and can't help but cheer him on in his last chance to showcase his talents before moving on to the SHL level next season - in which they will meet again, as Ozolins is graduating to his divisional rivals, the Los Angeles Panthers. As for the SHL, Levin will be cheering for his fellow Swiss compatriots, Ivan Lacksamus of the New England Wolfpack, and Louise St. Martin of the Edmonton Blizzard. He learned to know those two in the few weeks of the IIHF tournament, where their team fell short in the Bronze Medal game against Norway, but thanks to that tournament, he feels like he understands what level of play is required of him when he graduates to the SHL in two seasons. He will keep an eye out to what makes those two players part of the "best of the best" of the league, and hope to emulate them when his time comes.

(248 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

All Star Week

Milestones +3 TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3389032

3. The player from New England that made the All Star Game that I want to talk about the most is Ivan Lacksamus. Ivan is a center for New England who during the regular season put up 49 goals and 63 assists to help lead the team to first place in the Eastern Conference for the regular season. What makes Ivan’s game special is that he is a do it all player for the team. He is a player that knows how to score and also knows how to find his teammates on the ice and put them into scoring situations. Ivan is not a selfish person and will also be a player who will help the team no matter what they ask him to do. Ivan is going to dominate the All Star game because when he has the puck on his stick he knows exactly what to do with it and how to make his team better. +3 TPE

4. The player that I am most excited to see in action is Erik Bergmark. I am excited to see Erik continue to grow in the seasons to come after having made the all star game in his first season in the SHL. Having been in the same draft class it is nice to see your draft classmates succeed very early in their careers and it will be interesting to continue to follow him for the years to come to see what he is able to accomplish in the league. Even though he is in my same draft class, and I am always competing with people in my draft class to be the best possible player, it is really nice to see your classmates succeed so early in their careers. I will always be cheering for players that come into the league at the same time as me for them to do well, but especially for Erik I am excited about what he is able to do in the years to come. +3 TPE

GM Pass

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

Affiliate: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid714356

1) Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3394090

2a) I would rather have Lias Ekholm-Gunnarson when given the choice between him and Evil Allbran. The reasoning isn't really anything to get too in depth about. I'm simply choosing Lias because of his name. I've had previous players named Gunnar, so I'm always fond of when I see another. Plus, if you abbreviate his name its spells out LEG. For Evil, his abbreviation is EA and everyone hates EA Sports, so that's a big negative. Also, his name sounds like a cereal brand that a supervillain with digestive issues would brand in an effort to make more money to take over the world.

2d) Should I have made the All Star Game? What a dumb question. Of course I should have made it. Sure, I didn't have the best season for defenseman, but All Star Games are supposed to be popularity contests and after making the previous 6, I don't see how the fans wouldn't just continue to vote for me since I'm awesome. That's how it's supposed to work. So there's definitely something fishy going on here besides my diet. I demand a recount.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2023, 09:28 PM by Ruggsy.)

PBE Affiliate

1. Milestones

My teammate Erik Bergmark made the All star team this season as a rookie and I am so happy to see it. We have played together in the Juniors, world junior championships and now the Majors. He is an awesome goal scorer who is priming up to destroy the leagues goalies for many years to come. The top point earner on the team for us, putting up a whopping 47 goals as a rookie it was really a site to behold being on the ice with him. This put him tied for 9th for goals which is such a master class. I cant wait to see him break out his mean backhand spinnerama slapshot that has been such a common sight in his games. One of the biggest parts of his game besides his pure scoring is his skating ability. His ease of getting around the ice into scoring positions is one of the things so crucial to his end point totals.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2023, 09:42 PM by damienj10. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Miles stones https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3394106

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to utterly dominate this event? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, then and only then may you pump your own tires.) 3 tpe

The only team mate that made it from my team was myself. Atleast that’s the way Hirano sees it. Sike! Most of hiranos team mates made it on the all star team! And have been named for nomination for rewards and much more. We won the cup that’s what makes my team mates that much greater. None the less they all deserve to make it on the team and that they definitely did. We are four star cup winner what do you think? We dominated all regular season then only lost twice in the playoffs! We are one of the greatest SMJHL teams of all time. No explanation needed don’t even need to pump hiranos tires. Season 69 absolutely slapped the shit out of the league. I’m regular season aaaand in playoffs. Absolutely destroyed. We are also going to destroy the all star game the Maine timber season 69 draft class won’t be forgotten about ever! Never ever not in our life time not in your kids life time not even in your kids kids kids life time. The Maine timber all star team of season 69 will be remembered forever.