Create Account

A Very Cheesy Bet

Hello SHL, I’m here today to document an important part of our site’s history that many will not know. This event happened during December 2022 and January 2023 and forever had an impact on the Atlanta Inferno locker room. This was originally supposed to be a deep dive but I got in the groove and went a bit over the 500 words needed for that lol. For this grand tale to make sense I must set the stage for you. So, I please ask that you sit back and enjoy this story of cheesy greatness.

Background

Atlanta forward Pavel Jeziak, aka @Leppish, was not known for frequent updates and was constantly accused of slacking by @micool132 toward the end of his career. Looking back at his update thread shows that while these updates do not come often, they consist of a rather large amount of TPE being claimed all at once. During this time our locker room had a running joke going on about whether consuming a quantity of food in one sitting was possible or not. One such conversation posed the question of whether you could eat an entire bagel in one sitting which micool proved he could by posting a video of himself doing so. At 1:31 PM CST on December 5th, 2022, this picture was posted:

[Image: image.png]

Discourse broke out and micool said that he could finish such a meal in one sitting but would not prove it this time. Leppish pushed him and in doing so led micool to make a grave mistake.

The Bet

As seen in the above image, micool would craft a grilled cheese sandwich the likes of which had never been seen before. We all assumed that this was a joke and that he wouldn’t actually update. Little did micool know, Leppy had bought coaching and posted an update that very day. 35 TPE was earned and posted within the hour as seen HERE. This was it. The stage was set. Days of negotiation took place, with micool trying to find any loophole he could to make this a better situation for himself. After proposing 35 grilled cheese sandwiches with one slice of cheese each, the name “Angus McWeasel” was uttered leading to micool having to defend his integrity. Three days of all-out war against him came to a halt when terms were agreed upon. Micool would create, cook, and eat one single grilled cheese sandwich with 35 slices of cheese, and team members who were able to would donate to their local food bank once proof was posted. The team made sure to remind him of this deal at every opportunity as the days without proof stretched on. Finally, over a month later we witnessed history.

The Creation

Lunchtime EST, January 14th, 2023. Micool has bought a package of Kraft singles. An @ everyone ping from hotdog brings the team running. After a month of reminders, the time has finally come. The Kraft slices are carefully unwrapped and placed between two slices of bread. Frankly, just the sight of that much cheese is enough to turn anyone’s stomach. The knowledge that it’s about to be consumed makes micool want to throw up, yet he bravely continues. It’s an ungodly creation even before it’s been cooked. Wrapped in foil and squished down as much as possible, a must if he wants to be able to even fit the sandwich in his mouth, it goes into the oven. Reminders of the food bank donations are passed around as we wait with bated breath. Ten minutes pass by and the block of cheese is still very cold and very solid. Burning the bread before any sort of cooking has happened looks to be a real possibility. Discussions as to what the best way to cook this monstrosity is are in full swing, but in the end, micool puts the oven on low broil. It takes 50 minutes for it to be deemed done, and the top-down picture of the finished product looks horrific. Micool won’t eat all of this, he simply can’t. This task cannot be completed by one single person, but he’ll try his best damn it.

Consuming The Beast

The posted video is 3 minutes and 42 seconds long. Micool looks happy in the thumbnail, oblivious to the horrors that he is about to experience. Upon clicking the video you see that he has created goggles out of the leftover cheese and taped them to his face. A smart choice, as one can never be too cautious when approaching such a sick and twisted task. Turning the camera around, we get a look at the mess of burnt bread and melted cheese still sitting in the foil. Luckily for micool, it was never stated that he must finish the entire thing, so he promises to take one, maybe two bites of it. Production lets him remove the goggles, he’s too sweaty and nervous for them to stay on. I would be too, this creation of his looks like something out of a nightmare. The first bite comes, and micool instantly gags. Oh good lord, there’s so much cheese. Swallowing is an impossible task; the mass of cheese comes spilling back out onto the foil. After calming himself, he tells us about how he had heard an apple goes well with a grilled cheese sandwich and uses a slice to scoop up some of this mess. Another bite, but this time he manages to not spit it out. With a laugh and a grimace, he gives us a toast with a glass of water and manages to wash it all down. You can still see the evidence on his fingers, cheese sticking to them as he desperately gulps down his drink. What a mess. He pulls the sandwich apart to give us another look at the sheer amount of dairy present between these burnt shreds of what was once bread. The now cold cheese looks to have the texture of Play-Doh by this point as it dangles in front of the camera. There are few words to be said by this point, a simple reminder to donate if able to is followed by the phrase “fuck it, I’m done”, and the screen fades to black.

The Aftermath

To this day this video is still legendary in the Atlanta locker room. It has been the cause of laughter, despair, joy, and disgust, and is one of the most significant things to happen in team history. It has been rewatched many times and still garners the same reaction every time. I won’t share it as micool asked for it not to be sent anywhere and I respect his wishes, but I hope that I’ve done it justice in my description. One of the greatest results of this bet is the gif of the cheese dangling that was created and spammed throughout every channel. While micool managed to hold his stomach throughout the video, the gif caused many to gag and even throw up. It has since been banned from being posted in all but a select few channels. To finish up I want to give massive props to micool for following through and turning this funny moment for our team into a good cause. I’m not going to try and convert all the currencies and such but there was a total of about $100 raised for food banks, more than I realized until I went back and looked while writing this. So after all of this I’d say the moral is that micool is a great person, very lucky that it was only 35 TPE in total, and Leppy can be bribed into updating through petty bets. Pictures of the sandwich are included below for those interested.

Code:
Roughly 1280 very cheesy words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Damn thats a pretty good fiction story

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

What in the burnt grilled cheese is that?

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

07-31-2023, 11:00 PMWearingabear Wrote: What in the burnt grilled cheese is that?

Takes a lot of time to melt 35 slices of cheese, the bread was a casualty.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

nice socks

That’s why we call him the cheesebreaker in colorado

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

oh god, this video genuinely made me throw up. seeing this tonight is not helping my fucked up stomach.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

holy fucking cheese

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

i can eat an entire bagel in one sitting no problem!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

That is beautiful and horrible.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

07-31-2023, 11:39 PMhotdog Wrote: i can eat an entire bagel in one sitting no problem!

do you slice it first?

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

This is art

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno

one of the greatest moments of my life was seeing that video.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

That right there is a weeks worth of indigestion.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Nowhere in the recipe for the grilled cheese does it mention baking. Otherwise it would be called a "baked cheese sandwich" .

Do it again but better.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]