Create Account

I'm not crying, you're crying
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2023, 02:04 PM by SpartanGibbles. Edited 1 time in total.)

It's been a long time coming but this season will be the last for Collin Gibbles. There's not going to be a spot for me in Minny next season and I always said I only wanted to play for 1 team so I guess it's time to hang em up.

It's been almost 5 years since I created this player on a whim randomly after coming across the reddit post for the S46 draft class. I almost didn't stay around but once I got drafted I settled into a grove and got a few different jobs around the league I became addicted like many. I didn't think it would last this long or that I would get this invested in the league but it's been a long journey. My career definitely didn't take the route I expected when I was first trying to create a Datsyuk-like player before even knowing that we didn't track takeaways in my early days. 

I've made a lot of friends over the years as part of this players career as well as my multiple stints as a GM. I dont think I'll be able to tag everyone but I'll try and give some shout outs.

@Dangles13 - You were my first GM and mentor in the league. You chose to take me on as your Co-GM and prepare me to take over in Anaheim. The early days of that team up until we won that first cup will always be some of my favorite memories of the league. It seems so long ago but so recent at the same time. Thank you for putting your trust into me both as a player and GM.

@BDonini - You were my Co in Anaheim and you stepped up to cover when I got sick and I knew from the moment I hired you that you were likely my replacement. Happy for all the success you were able to achieve after I had moved on and I hope you are doing well these days.

@Shmurph - You took the advice of others and took a risk taking me before I even had a site job. Hard to believe what that pick would turn into but I'll always be happy that your brought me to Minnesota and it would become my new home. You've since been my teammate multiple times over and I deeply value the friendship we have made over the years in Minnesota as GM-Player, Player-GM, and just teammates.

@Segi - Where do I even start honestly. Our careers were mirrors from the very beginning in Anaheim and continuing into Minny. Our dumb 1M bet on who would hit 2K TPE first provided some fun competition that kept me going even when our personal careers didn't seem to be lining up how we had hoped. We were teammates in lock step for almost all of Seger's career and I can't say enough of the friendship we made over the years. My only regret is that we didn't win a Cup together in the SHL but maybe that will still come.

@BadWolf - My first linemate and one of my closest friends. I'm happy for the periods we have gotten to play together and for our friendship outside of the SHL. We served in J HO together for 6 seasons and oversaw an expansion. Even if it's just one of us sending ridiculous food pics or updating you on my dating life, I'm so glad we got to meet and become friends. Can't wait to finally meet you and TDZ IRL soon.

@Mutedfaith - You were my first draft pick as an SHL GM and I wasn't surprised that you took over for me when the job wore me down. Thank you for keeping me around even as my played has aged into a corpse on skates the past few seasons. I wish I could have done more for your first player but I'm so excited to see all that you and @spooked have built since taking over. I didn't forget about you either Spooked, You've also been a great mind for Minny and I'm happy that we brought you back when we had the chance.

@notorioustig - My brother from another mother. We've never even been teammates but you've been a great friend over the years and I'm so happy to have met you. From our degen DM's about Goth girls on tiktok to IRL stuff to complaining about the league, you're one of my best friends. Thanks for being there through the ups and downs over the past few years.

@Evok - It took a long while before we finally got to be teammates but I'm so glad we got to meet because of this league. Love all of our dumb conversations about D&D and CR and beyond thrilled to call you a friend.

@Chevy - What a wild ride it's been huh? from drafting you right before I moved up to the SHL to GM all the way to finding my passion for the job again as your Co-GM in the J and eventually taking over in Great Falls. You're an absolute gem of a person and I want to thank you for taking a chance on someone who many probably would have passed after how my SHL GM tenure ended.

@Blitz @SDCore @Nictox @Halkohol - God we are insufferable as a D&D party and we must give Tig nightmares but I love you guys.
Blitz- It's been a long road since I had first drafted you in S52 but even if things didnt go as planned I'm happy to see where we ended up as friends.
Nic - Always glad to make more geographically close friends and hopefully someday soon we are able to meet up and laugh at all the dumb stuff we've experienced.
Halk - Bless you for staying with our group considering how it has to affect your sleep schedule. Looking forward to a lot more shenanigans as we continue the adventure.
Corey - One of the first people I really connected with in the league and I'm glad to call you my friend. Those early Anaheim days are forever a source of warm feelings for me.

@KlusteR - You took over as my Co in Minny with so much excitement, I only wish things had ended differently. It was a rough go of it, but I am glad you were able to come back and I could draft you in GFG. Can't wait to see what you achieve next.

@Rankle - My Co-GM, tho it's only been a few seasons I've been proud to see how well you handle the job and have grown. Love having you in Great Falls as my partner in crime and hope that soon we can add some hardware to our resume together.

@JNH @bbjygm @notoriousTRON @chetib and all of my other early Outlaws - I love looking back at our time in Anaheim and thank you guys for making that special.

@fever95 @AW13 @eddiesnothere @vbottas17 @drodger91 @Leppish @Toast @Gaia Mormont @Jorec and way too many other Minnesota Teammates- Thank you for making the last 25 seasons I spent in Minny special. We didn't win much but I'm glad to have made some great friends and family during my players time.

@5ympathies - Not sure if you'll go another season or not but we're all that's left from S46. Turn out the lights on your way out.

Thank you to all my fellow GM's and HO members across the years for dealing with me.

There's still dozens more names I could type out but I'm already getting pretty long winded on the shout outs so if I didn't say your name, dont feel hurt I still value our friendship.

When the seasons over I will be the first player to pass 1500 games played with a single franchise so that feels like a great record to set on my way out. 25 seasons seems insane looking back. I'm a point away from 650 points so hopefully that happens in the final stretch.
I'm 4th all time in games played but I'm not going to outlive the other top 3 still going, I passed the record from when I started playing so that's good enough.
2nd in All Time Shots Blocked, no way I catch McScruf but happy to have passed the 3k mark recently. Not bad for someone who spent their early career as an STHS forward.
Worst +/- in league history, depending on how the season shakes out I might pass the -600 mark. Not a proud of that one but I guess a record is a record?
Haven't been tracking since the change to FHM8 but I know I lead the league in takeaways many seasons so I'm probably pretty high up on that list too.
Let's just not talk about playoffs today.

When all is said and done
Hit 2k TPE
1 Four Star Cup in S47 with Anaheim
4 IIHF Golds with Team USA in 50, 51, 53, & 63  as well as a silver in 48
1 Dar Nomination
1506 Games played with a single team
~ 650 points
~ -600 +/-
3K shots Blocked
1k Hits
Over 30k Minutes on ice for Minny

3 Seasons as an Anaheim Outlaw
25 Seasons as a Minnesota Chief/Monarch

It's been a long journey but part of that is the end.

All I have to say now is

Thank you SHL

-SpartanGibbles

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I'm sad I'll never play on the same team as you. It was pretty brave of you to stay in Minny all those seasons and I hope you'll win a championship with your recreate.

Happy retirement!

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

What an unbelievable career, and an absolute USA legend.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Now nobody can say that you've NEVER retired a player either.

Happy to call you a friend here Gibbles, and I can't wait to see what you do next.

_/_/_/

Bowdown Bowdown Bowdown Bowdown

What a career, absolutely incredible. Congrats, Gibbles! Pleasure to play and work with you across the league

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Couldn't have been prouder to share a draft with you, fantastic resolve.

1 46 player remains.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

I am SpartanGIbblecus

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

The good news is that after regressing this many times you're finally qualified to be a GM @SpartanGibbles <3

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

yep, I am crying. Rude.

But fr, hell of a player and class act Gibs!

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

_/_/_/

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

You legend! Glad we got to spend those good seasons in Anaheim. Looking forward to what your next chapter holds.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Congrats. You are the reason I kept going lol

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Thanks for bringing me to Minny Gibbles. And thanks for being around whenever I need to ask for advice on something dumb.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

great career, legend! It was a pleasure playing for you and with you on this site

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]