Create Account

[Media] Policy on AI Tools for Content Creation
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 10:12 AM by MikeLiut. Edited 2 times in total.)

The Media team has observed a rise in articles that seem to rely on AI tools to generate content. 

As each article is compensated, our current policy is to reject any media that relies on – or could be perceived by the Media team as relying on – these tools. 

Our policy is very simple, as we want to provide our team with as much flexibility as possible. Please note that this policy will be adapted to follow the league's guidelines should the league adopt a new position on this issue. This new rule is to assure a level playing field for all media submissions - not to admonish or punish those using AI as a tool, but to make sure those submitting original content are compensated fairly. What we want to do is reward the members of our community in a fair and equitable way, commensurate with their efforts. We want to reward the creativity and contribution of our members to the dynamism of the league.

Please feel free to get in touch with TheGreatToeJam or myself if you have any inquiries related to this policy and its implementation.

Please note that media and graphics are two different departments, each with its own policy.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2023, 10:46 PM by Ruggsy. Edited 2 times in total.)

Well, folks, it looks like we're living in the age of AI-generated content, and our media team has put on their 'no AI content allowed' hats. We're all about keeping it real here, or at least as real as a fantasy league can be!

Our policy is simple, just like us - no AI-generated wizardry allowed. We want our content to be as human as our obsession with sports stats. And hey, don't worry, we're not here to punish the AI fans; we just want to make sure our original content creators get their fair share of the fantasy gold.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

I feel personally attacked. Billy Hill *IS* AI. Without AI, Billy Hill would be a gray square with a white silhouette. Could you guys imagine a league without the Hillbilly at this point? I urge you guys to reconsider your position, at least as far as graphics are concerned.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

but i want to be uncreative and do zero work for free money

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

one thing im concerned about is the possibility of people being accused of using AI when they didn't idk I don't do medias very much anyways

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

10-10-2023, 11:18 PMCrazytomato Wrote: one thing im concerned about is the possibility of people being accused of using AI when they didn't idk I don't do medias very much anyways

It is our main concern too. We often review those articles as a team, and use tools to make sure we make the best decision possible. It is not an easy task and an easy position to be in. We are open to adapting our policy should any major problems arise.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

I call dibs on using ai for pt's before the pt team gets in here.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

10-11-2023, 06:07 AMwumaduce Wrote: I call dibs on using ai for pt's before the pt team gets in here.

You're probably seasons late on that dibs tbh

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

I petition we stop using any photos we haven't taken ourselves as well when making graphics

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

While I understand the intention behind the current policy, it's important to highlight that AI tools can complement human creativity rather than replace it. AI can be a powerful tool to assist content creators, helping them generate ideas, perform repetitive tasks, and improve efficiency. The use of AI doesn't necessarily undermine the creativity and effort of the content creators. It's more about leveraging technology to enhance the overall quality of content.

AI can provide a valuable resource for media teams by offering assistance in data analysis, research, and content generation. This can ultimately lead to more diverse and engaging content. It's possible to reward both the creativity of human contributors and the efficiency AI brings to the process, creating a win-win situation.

Rather than a blanket rejection of AI-generated content, a more nuanced approach might involve evaluating the quality and originality of content on a case-by-case basis. This way, you can still encourage creativity while benefiting from the capabilities of AI. The combination of human creativity and AI innovation can elevate the league's content to new heights and ensure fairness for all contributors.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10-11-2023, 12:23 PMluke Wrote: While I understand the intention behind the current policy, it's important to highlight that AI tools can complement human creativity rather than replace it. AI can be a powerful tool to assist content creators, helping them generate ideas, perform repetitive tasks, and improve efficiency. The use of AI doesn't necessarily undermine the creativity and effort of the content creators. It's more about leveraging technology to enhance the overall quality of content.

AI can provide a valuable resource for media teams by offering assistance in data analysis, research, and content generation. This can ultimately lead to more diverse and engaging content. It's possible to reward both the creativity of human contributors and the efficiency AI brings to the process, creating a win-win situation.

Rather than a blanket rejection of AI-generated content, a more nuanced approach might involve evaluating the quality and originality of content on a case-by-case basis. This way, you can still encourage creativity while benefiting from the capabilities of AI. The combination of human creativity and AI innovation can elevate the league's content to new heights and ensure fairness for all contributors.

is the AI in the room with us right now?

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

people are really using AI to generate 150 words? How mf uncreative and lazy are some of you