Create Account

S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright

Pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Task 1
Well, the simple answer is that I will legally change my name to @micool132 and claim that I too own the copyright on "I'm gonna will the cup" because we are legally indistinguishable and therefore, it's impossible to prove who is who. I am not a lawyer, so I am uncertain how that defence will go - but as the President, I feel like that's more simple than convincing congress to change the legislation surrounding copyright to be in my favour. Honestly, as President I'll see if I can legally require Micool132 to change his name, so that I become the only Micool132 and then I solely own the copyright.

And because of Micool132's foolish copyright lawsuit (which, since I am also now Micool132, is also my foolish copyright lawsuit), I'm going to say "I'm gonna win the cup" over and over again until I manifest it into happening - and then we're going to manifest it into happening every single year until my player retires.

Written Task: If your player got traded to a new team, how would they go about adjusting and learning the new system?

Grogu has been traded multiple times in his career so it has become no big deal, really. Each time, it has been necessary to adapt to a new system and a new role. Just looking at his SHL career, Grogu began on a rebuilding Calgary Dragons team. He was thrust into a top line role very early in his career, and the Dragons system was very much a defense-first system with a quick counter-attack. So he trained around that idea, putting a big emphasis on being smart in his own zone and limiting chances against. It was a successful system and Grogu was recognized for his commitment to the two-way game with 4 Jeff Dar trophies in his time in Calgary. When new management took over, they had a new plan and shipped Grogu off to Montreal. Here, the role Grogu was asked was very much a pure offense role on a team that was vying to become cup contenders. Grogu was able to adjust his own playing style to fit his new role, and ended up having two of the best offensive totals of his career, although the stats showed his defensive play was not as dominant. When the Patriotes decided they needed to enter a rebuild as well, Grogu was sent to Winnipeg. The Aurora already had a dominant first line so Grogu needed to adapt again, this time being focused on being a support player on the second line. This saw a significant drop in ice time and special teams time so his point totals were not as stellar as in the past, but the advanced stats show that he was able to be again a very good two-way player. So, I guess they key is to be able to adapt, understand your role in the new system, and trust the coaches to put you in a good spot to succeed!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Code:
Written Task: If your player got traded to a new team, how would they go about adjusting and learning the new system?
In the event Oskar Scholz was traded I don't think it would be too difficult for him to adjust to his new team, although I guess that really depends on how the new team utilizes him. Oskar is a prototypical power forward that plays a punishing style of play with some offensive upside. There's a demand for that style of player pretty much anywhere in the lineup, but if he was acquired more so for his offensive needs he may be a wee bit out of his depth and could fail to meet expectations. If he were tossed in to a more offensive style fast paced system he would need to adjust by losing a few lb's and working on his skating, specifically acceleration and top speed because it's a bit difficult to exert yourself as a power forward if you can't keep up with the pace of play.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Option 2:

If Tom Pedersen, for unknown and totally unfounded reasons, found himself traded to a new team, he would approach the transition with the same dedication and professionalism that defines his career. Tom Pedersen is all about understanding the importance of adapting to a new system and thriving within it. 

Tom Pedersen would begin by studying the new team's tactics, systems, and playing style. He'd dive into game footage and analyze the strategies used by the coach and his new teammates. To get integrated seamlessly, Tom Pedersen would initiate open and honest conversations with his new teammates and coaching staff. Building strong relationships off the ice is just as crucial as on-ice chemistry. Tom Pedersen has learned that each coach has a unique philosophy. He'd embrace the new coach's approach, paying close attention to their expectations and game plan. Tom is versatile and can play different roles on the ice. He'd be prepared to adjust his playing style to complement the needs of his new team, whether it's as a scorer, playmaker, or defensive forward. Adjusting to a new system takes time. Tom would remain patient, understanding that success may not come immediately but would come with hard work and persistence.

Tom's ability to adapt, his unwavering work ethic, and his commitment to teamwork would ensure a successful transition to his new team, just as he has done throughout his career with the Calgary Dragons.

Words: 234

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

If Billy Herrington ever found himself traded to a new squad in the SHL, he'd take it in stride and keep his cool. Adjusting to a new team and system would be part of the game for him, and he'd tackle it like any other challenge. First off, he'd be all about bonding with his new teammates. Hockey's not just about scoring goals; it's about trust and having each other's backs. He'd make an effort to get to know the new crew, both on and off the rink, to build that chemistry. Learning the new system? No problem. Billy knows every team has its unique tactics and strategies. He'd spend some extra time with the coaches and veteran players, picking their brains and figuring out how to blend into the new game plan. Practice, practice, practice. He'd be drilling those new plays and honing his role within the system. Billy's all about seeking feedback and making those tweaks to be a better fit for the team. Change is part of the game, and he'd be cool with it. Whether it's shifting his playing style, trying out a new position, or taking on different responsibilities, he'd be down for whatever helps the squad. And, you know, he'd bring his experience and leadership to the table. His passion for the game and strong work ethic would rub off on the new teammates, making the transition smoother for everyone. In a nutshell, Billy's approach to a trade would be all about staying chill, building bonds, adapting, practicing, and being a positive influence in the locker room. Hockey's a game, after all, and he's all about playing it with heart and a sense of teamwork, no matter where he lands.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Since Rence Sykut joined the SMJHL, he has only known one team, the Carolina Kraken. He loves the team, the leadership, and the friendly environment that he blindly stumbled into. He would be crushed if he got traded to a new junior team, but alas, he would put his best foot forward for a new squad. The most important thing would be to gauge the locker room culture to figure out if he would be a good fit with the new squad. On the ice, he would make sure everyone knows he is there to help the team win, score goals, and most importantly, celly. As much as Rence would have to pick up about new teammates and systems, they would have to reciprocate in learning new coordinated cellies because goals without team cellies are like toast with no butter and/or jam. He cannot fathom going to a team where you just do your business and skate off when you dangle snipe a bardownski off the rush. He does not wish to live in such a world.

178 words

I don't think I could adjust to being moved to another team. I get super attached and don't want to start again. My first Tibuk was great up until his regression with Chicago and then it got to a point where I was being moved on from and rather than try and find another fit retirement just seemed like it made more sense. Now I am with Tampa and love my team! I don't think I would even entertain the idea of looking at what other team might be a good fit. If I did however have to move I think I would just have to try and make the best of the situation. Try and be out going and find my place in an already existing team. But like I said I am not really entertaining the idea of moving to another team so hopefully I never have to experience that. I fully plan on being a Cuda for a good long time.

Lets overthrow Philadelphia!

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Option 1:

My legal defense? He must win the cup within a statue of limitations on claiming the phrase "imma win the cup." If I tried to claim that I own the moon, I have to have something to back that up. Unfortunately, micool has no cup, so he has no claim to exclusive rights to the phrase. Anyone can say it without infringement on copyright. Now, if he were to win the cup soon, that status may change as he will then have the backup to support such a statement. But then again, if he wins the cup, would that negate his statement of future temse, "imma win the cup?" 

Its not a matter of copyright, but commonly accepted association. Everyone knows that that is his saying and associates it with him, but it's not a powerful enough argument to have sole custody. Maybe some roaylties are in order. He can get paid for its use, but other people can use it.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Ubba Lodbrok, 2nd line center for the Anchorage Armada, in the SImulation Major Junior Hockey League, who has been leading the Mexico City Fuego international hockey team to their trip to Anchorage Alaska, has all of a sudden been taken over by a legal lawsuit. This has caused a lot of frustration for the team and for Ubba Lodbrok. You see, it's unreasonable that a person has the thought that they have a claim to the phrase: "i'm gonna win the cup". There's great power and words, and words themselves can't hurt people. If we, as a society, of good and free people, were to come in and start copyrighting phrases, we'd all owe a lot of money to a lot of people. Let's go over some, shall we?

"Show me the money"
"Jackpot!"
"Uno!"
"Chy-na"
"You can't judge a book by it's cover"
"The best offense is a good defense"
"We gotta get pucks deep"

You can't take those phrases away from people. If we do that, what's next? Their rights to their own bodies? Rights to a fair and free election?

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Option 2:

My first thought would be to take it slow, feel your way out and make yourself comfortable in the new environment, and make some friends. What I do every time is head into the arena with my held up high, not in a cocky way, but one that you have self respect for yourself. It worked for me. Then i head out onto the ice and practice like I would play, and play my best when it comes to game time. From there on, its extremely hard to try and learn a new system, especially if its very different from what you were accustomed to, and all you can do is ask around what the system is here which you would most likely be briefed on already. But other than that, its up to you to learn it and adapt to it the best you can, and impress your teammates with your drive to play and win hockey. 

(162 Words)

Option 1 – Written Task – 157 words
Oh, naturally, the “I’m Gonna Win The Cup” phrase cannot hold up in court. It’s too generic of a phrase. It would be one thing if they made shirts of it and used it to make a profit, but a cursory statement being made on behalf of Team Sweden is not grounds to warrant any litigation. Lord Farquaads has already reached out to the Team Sweden merchandising company to ensure that those products never reach the merchandising shelves, because they were already totally made, but we will never acknowledge that in a court of law. Team Sweden would never try to take advantage of a commonly known and quoted phrase from a member of the SHL community, that would be immoral and against the spirit that Team Sweden conducts itself by. Thankfully, it would not stand up in court anyway, so even if they hypothetically did make merch with that statement on it, they’d be fine. Hypothetically.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Option 2:

If I got traded to a new team I'd hopefully know about it in advance and have a say in this (I don't have that NTC for nothing after all) Wink That aside, being a goalie you have the advantage that there is always at least one other person on the team playing the same position. You will spend a ton of time with that other person, your goalie partner, and having them will make any adjustment much easier. On top of that you got your personal goalie coach. Right now that happens to be my dad but that's a whole different story. I will compare it to coming into the new SMJHL team back then when there was already an older goalie there who helped me with everything that was new. I don't think I would have trouble adjusting very much. Right now I'm still very early in my career and I have a lot to learn so I'd be happy to learn from pretty much anyone who offered.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Option 1:

Lets be honest, normally @micool would absolutely not have any case to even acquire a trademark over such a general phrase. However since the prompt demands that he did in fact gain said trademark, we are in big trouble. However, due to the obsurdity of it we could absolutely challenge it in court. None of the parties involved are particularly rich aside from maybe Micool. There is no way that Brooklyn would have to go up against Micool alone as both her parents are former SHLers and the Physt family line have millions upon millions to challenge this. Given the fact that nobody could realistically gain let alone keep said trademark, and assuming her enforcer parents don't scare this piss out of Micool or his lawyers, the end result will be the loss of said trademark as well as the need to donate to said kids team at a 10 fold level.

Sorry Micool, its a flimsy life....good thing you wont sue.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Option 2

Getting traded can be a blessing or a curse.  I feel like not a lot of players want to be traded but can accept the fact that it is a part of the business.  At the end of the day, the checks are still getting cut with your name on them.  There is just another name on top, and now you have to move your family from Miami to Winnipeg.  Easy transition, right?  Then there are the players that DO want to be traded.  They typically hold the cards or have the leverage in the deal.  They might even have a no trade clause that they have to wave for it to get done.  That situation is a little more ideal for the player, but the team might be forced into making a bad deal or keeping an unhappy player on the roster.   But adjusting to a new team's system in hockey is probably only difficult for the first few weeks.  After 2-3 weeks the players at the professional level are so skilled they should be able to adapt like no problem, ya know?  Same with Ty Murphy.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]