Create Account

Players Have Too Much Power In Modern Hockey [2x Draft]

11-21-2023, 07:51 PMboom Wrote: We knew 100% we were taking a centre and it was going to be Frøya at 1 and they were totally fine in the event we hadn’t been able to get Sonja, but I’m happy that we were able to swing the move to get up and take Sonja. Call it our Brian Burke moment, we’re really stoked to add both of them to our LR.

Enjoy Minnesota!

So you told other teams that they only wanted to be signed together?! (As to what BB did during that '99 draft)

Jokes aside... I like the article... man do I miss this kind of media!

Granted in saying that, CGY did a great job picking up the other part of the duo to heighten the chances of longevity. Hopefully it does become a Brian Burke moment and not a Latreille scenario.

[Image: Wally.png]

RP or not, taking the time to hate on people who wanna have fun in a hobby league is fucking wild. not even getting to the fact that its a baseless half baked take.

[Image: 485e83ad5709e90ba5a0cffccb717e08.gif]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: n5T6k5K.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
:3
Cranberry Sig by @enigmatic
Pride Skates by @sköldpaddor
"You Belong..." Banner by @sve7en

I'd like to cast my doubts on Cheeks Klapanen, I don't think he's been very good at Klapping Cheeks. #bust

11-22-2023, 11:49 AMzaybae Wrote: RP or not, taking the time to hate on people who wanna have fun in a hobby league is fucking wild. not even getting to the fact that its a baseless half baked take.

Alright, this has made me actually annoyed enough to post on here instead of just discord.

It IS a baseless, half-baked take. That is the POINT. It's an idiotic journalist writing clickbait. There are tons of them in sport in the real world. 

Calling this "taking the time to hate on people" is almost wilfully missing the point. Do you think I wrote this because I have beef with the people behind the Solbergs? 

To hell with this, I'm out.

[Image: Skree.gif]

People need to relax here, I don't think ec had any ill intent here, and the QCC discord storming in and dogpiling the guy is really not healthy for the league

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

11-22-2023, 12:47 PMCampinKiller Wrote: People need to relax here, I don't think ec had any ill intent here, and the QCC discord storming in and dogpiling the guy is really not healthy for the league

Pretty much this. It's the bullying they're all exclaiming about.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

11-22-2023, 11:49 AMzaybae Wrote: RP or not, taking the time to hate on people who wanna have fun in a hobby league is fucking wild. not even getting to the fact that its a baseless half baked take.
you say this while dogpiling on someone who wrote a clearly not serious article

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

11-22-2023, 12:47 PMCampinKiller Wrote: People need to relax here, I don't think ec had any ill intent here, and the QCC discord storming in and dogpiling the guy is really not healthy for the league

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Great job blowing something out of proportion and driving a new user off the site. So proud of QCC right now.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Trash talking is the best part of any sports, if it pisses you off then write a rebuttal article when you beat them later on in the season cause FHM is bullshit. Stop taking everything so personally

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

https://www.coachhub.com/blog/intent-vs-...20is%20not.

People make mistakes, genuinely the dude could've taken the simple advice of apologizing and maybe consulting somebody before making an article like this and it'd have been done in like 30 seconds. Yes it's a hit piece and it would be good fun media if it didn't impact the person because of the content included. Did a lot of people come in to defend Tsunny? Absolutely, but having somebody's back =/= "the bullying the want to stop" and making a claim like that is baseless and wrong. There's small, easily done tangible steps to rectify the situation that has been suggested to the user multiple times they refuse to do. I'm sorry they take a constructive criticism of a decent idea poorly executed leading to genuinely upsetting somebody.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 01:43 PM by CampinKiller. Edited 1 time in total.)

11-22-2023, 01:32 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: https://www.coachhub.com/blog/intent-vs-...20is%20not.

People make mistakes, genuinely the dude could've taken the simple advice of apologizing and maybe consulting somebody before making an article like this and it'd have been done in like 30 seconds. Yes it's a hit piece and it would be good fun media if it didn't impact the person because of the content included. Did a lot of people come in to defend Tsunny? Absolutely, but having somebody's back =/= "the bullying the want to stop" and making a claim like that is baseless and wrong. There's small, easily done tangible steps to rectify the situation that has been suggested to the user multiple times they refuse to do. I'm sorry they take a constructive criticism of a decent idea poorly executed leading to genuinely upsetting somebody.

HFFO, I love you man, but what about any of this thread has been constructive criticism? The worst thing said in the article is calling the player (not user!) a 3rd liner. The piece is so clearly non-serious that this reaction would be the equivalent of me going to spidey's draft reaction and losing it because he said that Montreal sucks. I'm sorry, but the guy did not attack Tsunny, and the impact does not excuse the behavior that's happened here and elsewhere.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

11-22-2023, 01:42 PMCampinKiller Wrote: HFFO, I love you man, but what about any of this thread has been constructive criticism? The worst thing said in the article is calling the player (not user!) a 3rd liner. The piece is so clearly non-serious that this reaction would be the equivalent of me going to spidey's draft reaction and losing it because he said that Montreal sucks

I'm thinking about it. He said I was drafted too high. He might be right but he didn't have to say it!!!!

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Hi all, sorry, buzzkill here. We're locking this thread at the discretion of SMJHL HO. We understand that this has grown to be a rather contentious topic, but we feel this has clearly spiraled out of control and is quickly approaching Thunderdome levels. What's been said has been said, I ask that we all take a second to take a breath and try to treat each other with respect even if we disagree with what they're saying.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa