Create Account

S74 PT#0: Your Dad

Option 1:

New England is going to win the cup this year because we have had one of the top teams in the SHL for the past few seasons and even winning a few seasons back. Over the last couple seasons, we have been the top team in the league and have been bitten by the Presidents trophy curse of winning the presidents trophy, not winning the cup. Two of the main reasons that New England has a good chance of winning the cup this year is due to having one of the top forwards in the league on our first line with Ivan Lacksamus and also have a top goalies in the net with Olof Karsikko. Both of these players have been helping New England to the number one spot and hopefully can continue their productive seasons moving forward especially with the rest of the team, contributing solid production to complete the well rounded New England Wolfpack. If we have any setbacks during the season and need to make some changes to be a top team, I have full faith in Luke and what he has built over the last few years and he wolf-igure it out for the Wolfpack to be at the top in the end.

Option 2

Well first of all, Edžus would think about if he really needs to sabotage San Francisco, considering they usually self-destruct by themselves. But, just to be safe, he opts to indeed “troll” them with a series of small incidents that ultimately add up to a guaranteed lost. So, he starts by switching around every stick, mixing and matching them the San Francisco hockey sticks with tags of the wrong players, or straight up completely wrong teams. Then, why not replace the energy drinks in the bottles with cold, acid tea (Edžus is not a fan of tea at all)? At least that'd ensure that the Pride players would stay zen in the overwhelming defeat Los Angeles would serve them. Next, it's time to lure the best player of the team, Toasty, away by promising to play video games with them only to bail out at the last second. Take that, Toast! Now that the #1 defenceman’s sleep schedule is ruined, this'll be an easy game and a goal festival!
169 words

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

The Citadelles are going to win the Four Star and they are going to do it in style. The s73 playoffs were a bit of a disappointing end to a surprising regular season but that just means everybody has had that much motivation to wake up and make it everybody else’s problem this time. Kickass offense: check. Celeste Desjardins with a full year of experience under the belt? The Solbergs working on their inter-twin telepathy? Jeff Hunziker again? League fucked. Defense: getting there! Jagrbomb returning? Everybody from last season making huge strides? Juan Tymer with the name of the century? Don’t know how you say anybody else wins this year. Detroit is quivering in their little square pizza eating, Insane Clown Posse listening boots. Even if they’re right I’m plugging my ears, not listening to the haters lalala. How could we not win the cup? We’re way better than owl of the other teams!

well my team the atlanta infernoes from the great city of atlanta georgia are going to win the cup of course because we are captained by the perpetual cup winner himself the one and only agnes mcpip @micool132 and the reason why we are so sure that we are going to win the cup is because one time angus' uncle got caught stealing a truck full of connor bedard merchandise and drove it to an art museum. when the police confronted him about it, he said he was just delivering the busts to the museum. idk how that dad joke had anything to do with winning the cup but i needed to make a dad joke so there. anyway the inferno are going to win because we have sim wen coming up as the upcoming winner of the rookie of the season award which i think is called the jesster but anyway he will win it and he will learn lots under agnes and they will be great on the back end and we will win @Jepox

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: SHL1.jpg?ex=655cc244&is=654a4d44&hm=f21e...152ba26fe&][Image: ZNbcj4K.jpg?ex=657c823b&is=656a0d3b&hm=3...d75e6a438&]

The Calgary Dragons will win the Challenge Cup this season thanks to the power and speed of their youth players coming up to the SHL for the first time. With a lack of tape on these players as they show their stuff in the big leagues, the team will get off on the right foot and be able to get the edge on their opponents. They also have veteran stars who can lead these young prospects into being SHL stars and teach them how to be elite athletes. The team's youth and speed should get them into the playoffs, and once they get in anything can happen in these situations. Having gotten just 62 wins over the previous three seasons, it's possible that more talented teams will underestimate this young, hungry squad and be taken off guard, not being prepared for what the Dragons bring to the table. With all of this together, Calgary looks to be a dangerous team this and in future seasons.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Written Task: Describe how you would sabotage your team's archrival before a game in which the winner makes the playoffs and the loser goes golfing. The sneakier the better. Don't get caught!

It is really easy to sabotage an arch rival out there in the wild. You could ruin their sleep, ruin their practices, or ruin their mental. All of these different sabotages have different strategies associated with them that would lead a team to victory. My personal favorite would be to destroy sleep quality. that would hit all of the major points prior to games. Now a team tries to stay isolated the night before big games, but you can't keep everyone away. A few well placed bribes or nephews and nieces put in the right place and you can mess wit hotel rooms, pillows, bodies in the bed it all works. The plan is just disrupt and wake up the opposing players at random intervals of 2 or 4 hours so that rem sleep never hits the right way. Once youve disrupted sleep for one night, you need to guarantee victory otherwise your efforts are wasted.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023, 11:13 AM by TannerPitts. Edited 1 time in total.)

OPTION 2 - monkaS

Tanner Pitts has always been a fan of the classic tactics, this mainly has him creating a line of snow on his crease to slow any potential puck down, but this hasn't been working well enough lately. After some off season brainstorming, Pitts has paid an arena hand to stand above the stadium in the rafters. The new found accomplice is taking most of Tanner's salary through the season so he will be living in a small apartment this year it seems. The arena hand will be in charge of aiming one of the above spot lights into the opponents goalies eyes to hurt their ability to see pucks. This tactic will have the Colorado Raptors filling the net much quicker than they have in previous years against their rivals. Expect a lot of goals to slip past the rival goalies this year as Colorado will fill the net and send them home crying and looking to trade their goalie away for picks.

Ubba Lodbrok, a center for the Anchorage Armada of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, and a prospect for the Philadelphia Forge of the Simulation Hockey League, native to somewhere outside Copenhagen, Denmark, has helped to set the tone for the boys this season. He came into the season with a vigor and passion for winning the cup. Which cup you say? The Stanley Cup? The Four Star Cup? Nope, the Memorial Cup. In honor of all the players who made side bets about the rookie phenom's mom and a certain player who left a team amid numerous allegations. So, first day he comes in ready to train, serious face on. Then, he calls everyone together, and asks them what the difference between an Ice Skate, and Sharpener and a bottle of glue us. He responds with you can sharpen a skate, but you can't skate a sharpener. Stun Gun, who looked confused, asked what about the bottle of glue? Ubba responds, that's where people usually get stuck. Stun Gun was Stunned.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

The Baltimore Platoon are going to win the cup this year for many different reasons, first off we have a huge and talented new rookie class who are eager to start their SHL careers along with a team who has been on the incline for the past few seasons we are going to have a great team on and off the ice. Baltimore has the combination of all star goaltending, some of the top defensive players in the league and enough depth at forward to make a serious playoff run they are definitely going to be a fun team to watch this season. most importantly Baltimore has a great culture of dads and dad jokes in the locker room to help keep a high morale. great dad jokes can always be heard coming out of the Baltimore locker room, my favorite of which is Two peanuts went walking down the street. One was assaulted.

OPTION 1

It’s an exciting time in New Orleans for sure. We have several really promising young players while others are nearing their prime. We brought in a couple news faces in the offseason and trimmed the fat a bit. While last season’s best offensive players (TPE wise) regressed, most of the rest of the team grew and will continue to grow. Although I think it will take a miracle for New Orleans to win the cup this season, the future is certainly bright!

If the Specters want to pull off the unthinkable this season, a lot of things are going to need to go their way. The Central Division is stronger than ever and just about every team is going to need to fall short of expectations to ensure New Orleans gets the highest seed possible and can avoid Winnipeg until the conference championship round. Texas and Minnesota both have strong up-and-coming teams and while Chicago has taken a step back, they always seem to make it work with what they have. Every player on NOLA’s roster is going to need to give maximum effort for the entirety of the season and the brain trust is going to need to work as hard as ever to maximize the chances of winning every game.

[212 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

[Image: CwgpPMQ.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Well obviously New Orleans is going to win the cup this season, sorry to everyone else but it is just a foregone conclusion. I think the team has added a solid bit of depth this season that will do it a lot of good. While the top forwards are not quite as high TPE this season after regression, the rest of the roster is a lot more well balanced than last season. Adding two veteran, championship pedigree forwards in Snooks and Blanchet helps a lot with that, and should provide extra leadership in the locker room. The defense is up and coming, with Oiduser and Lund leading the way, with young guns Manius, Johnson and Hill growing into good pro players, and veteran Doom providing stability through experience. The goalie tandem of grizzled vet St. Ark and young prodigy Lodge, while neither a superstar at this point in their careers, should provide a balanced and competitive pairing that can get the job done.

Hopefully I don't hit the post on this prediction...

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

I am going to take down the Philidephia forge by forcing @Gwdjohnsonto play as many minutes as possible as a defenseman. We all know how good gabes guy is now, but hoooo boy gabriel johnson that guy STUNK. Get Ricky back on the blue line and the forge will be poo poo doodie hands bad man. I will do that and it will allow the birds to progress further in the playoiffs I think. Gabe johnson gaaaabe johnson lol that guy. I will literally do everytthing in my power to take hiom down and forcde the Birds to the cup. That guy is going to have a rude awakening some day from Tommi Koi. Bad times ahead for you kid. Think you can mess with me? Ok dude. I will make you be mean to me or else its going to be bad times at ridgemont high for ol gabe johnson. At the end of the day go birds and go steelhawks to the cup

[Image: rotti.gif]

Realistically there's no shot that Calgary can win the cup this season beyond divine intervention from the FHM gods. It's a mostly young team that is going through a rebuild which will certainly take time and patience. From an early look in the preseason, it seems like Cheeks Klapanen will struggle to be clapping anything (there's your requested dad joke, maybe) as he only had 1 point (1 assist) in 7 games with a net minus 2 rating. It's certainly not the start the Dragons expected for the rookie defenseman. On the flip side, Tom Pedersen and Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen (abbreviated to Sunrise from henceforth) along with all-star Sophie Bordeleau had strong starts as was expected from the first line trio. Now it's mainly to be seen who else can step up and contribute this season, and the focus will primarily be on the growth of the young rookies and prospects still in the J.