ISFL PT

[Image: hopoate.png]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

PBE Affiliate

[Image: rm2.png?ex=661824aa&is=6605afaa&hm=6885c...6e2d79654&]

Option 2

I think Lily Jin Morrow would absolutely look forward to wearing analytics equipment for her upcoming games. During her time off of the ice, Lily is a professional singer and dancer, who has to wear tons of clothes, microphone wires, and other accessories to perform her best. Wearing the extra equipment wouldn't heed her gameplay at all, in fact, it might increase her balance as it will feel similar to her time singing, what she has spent most of her life training to do - other than hockey of course.

Additionally, I'm sure that Lily would welcome the fact of the small business fansite trying to bring hockey to both the masses and to hardcore, dedicated fans. Fans are the most important aspect of any successful hockey tab, and if more of the public eye is on Lily and the Vancouver Whalers, it will bring a lot of great media and analytics to the league. I think this is a great win-win scenario for both Lily and the fansite.

169 words

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2023, 09:06 PM by Nokazoa.)

Option #2:
[Image: 8Bq516l.pngl]

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

I would accept to wear the equipment as I believe in research and helping the game advance. A lot of sports use analytics and data to evaluate players and hockey could use to keep up with some of the other sports. The equipment likely wouldn't interfere much with performance and would be worth wearing. It would help Sad Ketchup look at the way he plays and how he could make his game better and or what he can do more of to be more of a force on the ice. Having data and information is always helpful and I believe there is so much technology out there that could be helpful and why not take an opportunity to be apart of potential history? The worst thing that could happen is it doesn't work, if that is the case you move on and wait for the next one. There is no harm in trying something new especially if it could be beneficial for the sport and league.

155 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

we reject the company's proposition to mine our players for data. we don't wish for all our data to be fed into the analytics site because the public will use said analytics to place bets on our games and gambling (especially on sports) is a dangerous addiction especially with the accessibility offered by now legal in the US betting apps. the apps advertise nonstop and make money hand over fist baiting people into gambling. availability of analytics (which vegas has better access to anyway) will provide a false sense of hope to the gamblers (as the advertisements do) which we do not seek to take part in. in addition, we already have our own internal analytics which are all processed and handled by our resident very active team nerdge @goldenglutes who crunches all the numbers using advanced machine learning algorithms to predict whether we should play our top line 22 minutes or 21 minutes per game; we have nothing to gain from the relationship with this company

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

PBE PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Option 2
I'm a big fan of the data nerds around the league (and I'm one too), they help us understand what we need to do to win games. And honestly I think all of the weird stats make the game more interesting. Gone is the days of just goals and assists, now we got stuff like PDO, corsi and Fenwick to tell how well players are really doing. That being said I would love to wear a device to get a fancy new stat out in the world. Hopefully it's something that I'm good at so that the first days point in the stats history is a good one. Staying in the defensive zone and intimidating people per 60? Passes missed at critical times in the game? Amount of power plays in a row without getting a single point? There are a lot of options for these people to choose from in order to pick a stat that I'm actually good at for their first data point.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Option 1

Bobby Tkachuky is the most underrated Yukon Malamute and here's why!!! To start Bobby Tkachuky is an assistant captain on the Yukon Malamutes, I would argue he should be the captain as the best play on the team in my opinion. While Bobby might not always be the top point getter on the team he often is pain in others teams behind. Constantly going to the front of the net and using his big size to great havoc. Who really know how many goals Bobby as effected with out registering a point. Bobby is always a physical threat throwing around his body leaving the opposing team busied and worn out. Bobby is also dominant in the faceoff center sporting a above fifty percent faceoffs in his career. Bobby also has no issues killing penalties being one of the best defensive forwards on the Malamutes. Also I know this makes Bobby not underrated but... he lead the team in point this season so some might say he's the goat.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

Option 1:
[Image: Q3nv4Oq.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

Code:
Option 2:

Written Task: A well-known analytics site has asked your player to wear monitoring equipment for the season to help them improve their product and create more stats for public consumption. They're offering to pay you (not a lot, they're just a fan site!) and the equpiment will not interfere with your play. Do you accept? Why or why not?

If I was asked to help provide more insight into making this league a better a place, I would do it. It would be an honor to contribute to making this game we all play and love a better product. If I believed that this kind of technology would actually help with growing this game, then there is no doubt in my mind I would accept it wholeheartedly. We all start playing this game hoping we can leave a lasting impact. I have tried (and hopefully succeeded) in doing so in our community in Seattle, but if I could do that on a larger scale, I would be so thrilled. There is no better honor than to be remembered as a pioneer of the game and someone who gave their all to making it so much better and inclusive on my way to what will hopefully be a hall of fame career.

152 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

well after reading the response to this point task from the general manager (gm) of the atlanta inferno team @hotdog i would have to agree with his opinion that no we should not agree to wearing all of this tracking and monitoring equipment! our data belongs to us, and we will only allow it to be collected by those that we deem sufficiently trustworthy. imagine what kind of harm they can do with that data! if they got us to wear some motion and liquid detectors and one of our players forgot to take off the equipment before going to the bathroom during an intermission then the company could record the speed, strength, throughput, and longevity of the player's pee! imagine if they sold that data to some insurance companies they would be like wow look at these guys they sure are some strong pissers huh maybe their prostates are a little enlarged and causing some extra pressure down there, better require them to pay higher premiums for their health insurance!! and let me tell you we do in fact have some strong pissers in the room but their prostates are just fine thank you very much please do not assume these things based off insufficient data!!! @micool132 agnes and rookie @Jepox sim wen would not appreciate that!!!!!

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2023, 06:08 AM by High Stick King.)

Quote:Written Task: A well-known analytics site has asked your player to wear monitoring equipment for the season to help them improve their product and create more stats for public consumption. They're offering to pay you (not a lot, they're just a fan site!) and the equpiment will not interfere with your play. Do you accept? Why or why not?

Spack Jarrow has signed on with a lot of different endorsement deals during his career, one of the more interesting ones came just this offseason when a "well-known analytics site" offered a contract for him to wear monitoring equipment during the season games. Jarrow was originally skeptical when the agency spelled equipment wrong in their contract but accepted it as a typo and moved on.

Truth be told, Jarrow likely would have agreed to wear the monitoring device for free had the company approached him. The analytics returned would be welcome information to gauge his performance and see how he stacks up against other top athletes. He isn't going to turn down the pay cheque though.

There is obviously some trepidation that the statistics returned will not be very good and put a bad light on a perhaps aging player but Jarrow has never been one to let nerves deter him from trying things so this should be an interesting experiment this season.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]