Create Account

[FHN] MCP's 5 Year on the Site Presser Spooktacular!
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 01:18 AM by MCP_. Edited 3 times in total.)

[Image: ZPkvpDS.png]

(1485 Words, Ready for Grading)

Well, it's been five years and one day as of posting this since I joined the site. Sure, I've only been active for less than that, but who's counting?

My journey has been... interesting: I joined as a bored senior in high school in the largest SMJHL draft class, got into GMing 6 months in, flamed out of GMing a year later, went IA not too long after that, and here I am now as a semi-bored working adult on the best team in the SHL. As is tradition with me (i.e., I'm gonna be broke if I don't write more media), it's time to answer questions from the SHL public at large. Leave some questions below and I'll try to provide a comprehensive answer.

12-20-2023, 01:00 AMCrazytomato Wrote: why is TBB the best team in the league

What a great question to ask a member of FHN, the primary sports network for the Tampa Bay Barracuda!

A big reason for that is Dwight. He's done an amazing job assembling the current team, and it will only get better after everyone ages up a bit. Everything has been hitting from drafts so far, including your player, Svenson (who deserves MVP now and forever), chetib's player (ultra solid play and deserves a Mcbride) and, of course, my own player (can i fight soon please I'm begging FHM). From additions, Adam has been a great addition so far, and I'm glad we're branching out with trades. If we're keeping up with the Joneses right now, what does our team look like five seasons from now? The answer is, of course, absolute domination the likes of the S50s and 60s Buffalo Stampede, Hamilton Steelhawks, and Chicago Syndicate. Some of you out there may not like this fact, but it is the absolute truth, so be ready to be dragged down to the ocean depths CHOMP CHOMP

12-20-2023, 01:21 AMyosh Wrote: How do you get the beeg yoshi?

Do you believe in ghosts?

What are your thoughts on Theodore “TEDDY BLOOS” Blueger?

It is my belief that the beeg yoshi cannot be simply obtained: beeg yoshi needs to befriended and appreciated. beeg yoshi needs to be fed only the best yoshi cookies out there. To call beeg yoshi out, one must call out "beeg." If you receive the response "YOSHIIIII," (that's the sound he makes!), you have effectively reached him, and will be blessed by his presence very soon. A few other calls, such as "yeeg" (with the response "BOSHIIIIII") and "ISHOYYYYYYYY" have been found to summon beeg yoshi as well. Since the HDification of beeg yoshi, more and more people can experience the loving and beeg friendship beeg yoshi has to offer. To show your appreciation, present him with more yoshi cookies and play the hit RPG Super Mario RPG, available in the Nintendo eShop.

I do not believe in ghosts. The amount of things that can be explained through simple things like building degradation (doors that open or close suddenly, for example), fog, animals in the walls, and other explanations are too numerous to say if they truly exist. That being said, I love the idea of ghosts and the wide variety of ways they can be used to tell stories, from being vengeful and actively trying to get revenge, to being protectors of their loved ones or those that live on their property currently. I grew up in a town where we have a variety of ghost stories that live on, so it's been a long running interest of mine.

For this last question, I'm assuming you're talking about the real life Teddy Blueger on the Vancouver Canucks (if not, more words for me!). I am admittedly not too familiar with him or his career, but from the looks of things, he's carved out a good career as a bottom six option. He seems to have an alright moustache, and it looks like he had a great goal pretty recently, and had a 2 assist game vs Dallas, so it seems like he performs well.

12-20-2023, 07:43 AMFitted2106 Wrote: How has your time at the FHN network been and do you see yourself putting a hat on a kitten for its birthday?

I am very glad you asked, president and CEO of the Fitted Hockey Network, Micheal Fitted! As always, I am a major fan of your articles, since they bring passion and grace to the SHL media landscape.

My time with FHN has been amazing. Despite being the biggest hockey media outlet in the SHL (others may say it isn't but according to FHN, it is), it always brings an underground journalistic feel that can't be replicated elsewhere. It has combined two things I loved, being the Tampa Bay Barracuda, and Fitted Media, together as a match made in Fitted heaven. Of course, this could only happen with you Fitted, since without you, where would the name "Fitted Hockey Network" even come from? Fitting hats? Fitting shoes? It would be a really weird name without that context. Name confusion aside, I'm not sure what I would do with myself if not for the Fitted Hockey Network if you weren't a part of it.

I would absolutely put a hat on a kitten for its birthday, but only if they want a hat put on them. Some animals might not want it, and that's okay. If they do, I will happily oblige. I would put on a miniturized 10 gallon hat, since it would look the funniest. I would also put on a Tampa Bay Barracuda hat or a decently trashed and vandalized hat of any of the other eastern conference teams.

12-20-2023, 09:52 AMC9Van Wrote: Do you miss when we first started on the Whalers at all?

I definitely miss my time on the whalers. Despite a pretty rocky welcome as GM, I was determined and ready to make the team better.; the actual result of my efforts is debatable, but mills and dex did a great job after I left to burn out in the SHL. While I could have done a lot of things better, such as not trading you (that was reaaaaally boneheaded), I still appreciated the time I spent on the Whalers, even if I don't hang out on their discord all that much anymore.

12-20-2023, 10:55 AMchetib Wrote: Why was S46 the best Reddit draft of all time?

There's a lot of reasons. The main thing was just the sheer quantity of players out there; the fact that it caused an emergency expansion hasn't happened since then, and I'm not sure if it'll happen again. Beyond that, there were so many good users that came out of that draft, even excluding the guys that hit 2000 TPE, it's nuts.

12-20-2023, 02:01 PMSeany148 Wrote: Thoughts on your current (S69) class?

Given it's the funny number class, I'm a bit surprised at how quiet it is. That being said, it's a quality class with a bunch of great earners and users. It's going to be a sleeper class in the grand scheme of things in my eyes just due to how little first gens are high earning from the class (if you are a first timer newbie that's high earning, I apologize). I'm a bit behind where I would want to be, but I've lost TPE due to not buying coaching each season. Because of that, I'm not sure if 2000 TPE is in the picture. All that said, top 10 in TPE is not too shabby.

12-23-2023, 05:38 PMtrella Wrote: What are the best and worst changes that the SHL has made since you’ve joined?

What is your biggest SHL butterfly effect (if one thing went differently in a situation, how would things be different today)?

How’s the holiday season been for you?

The best changes definitely has to be all the quality of life changes that came about from the player portal. The fact that we don't have to post in a thread to buy training or coaching and risk it being lost is great, and the fact that I don't have to remember to claim TPE before it's too late is amazing for someone who was trying to get things done sporadically. As I think of it, the split of championship week into two different events is great, since writing 8 TPE worth of text is better than writing 16 TPE's worth. The worst changes are a bit harder to identify, since a lot of changes since I've joined have been positive, but one thing that comes to mind has to be the loss of certain PTs, namely the hot takes thread. That was way too fun of a PT to not be a thing anymore.

The biggest one that I can think of is: what if the 99 shooting and passing strat had not been found. Would we be still using Simon T Hockey Simulator today? Would we have had the S50s dominated by Buffalo and Hamilton? It's hard to say in the grand scheme of things, but it easily would have been much much different.

The holiday season was good. It's the first holiday season since I started working full time at my current job, so having more cash for gifts was great. I also joined in on a trip to Galveston with my family this past weekend, so that was great as well.

01-05-2024, 02:45 PMretuperkele Wrote: Why is Joingustraaduvich DuBolk?

*Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk is Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk because Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk is Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk. There have been many ways Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk has been portrayed: pathetic, egotistical, psychotic; anything you can think of. There is an idea of a Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk. Even though he hides his cold gaze, and can feel his cold flesh, he is simply there, ready to be whoever his creator wants him to be. He likes long walks on the beach and peach ice cream.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

why is TBB the best team in the league

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

How do you get the beeg yoshi?

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

How has your time at the FHN network been and do you see yourself putting a hat on a kitten for its birthday?

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Do you miss when we first started on the Whalers at all?

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Why was S46 the best Reddit draft of all time?

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Thoughts on your current (S69) class?

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

12-20-2023, 01:00 AMCrazytomato Wrote: why is TBB the best team in the league

What a great question to ask a member of FHN, the primary sports network for the Tampa Bay Barracuda!

A big reason for that is Dwight. He's done an amazing job assembling the current team, and it will only get better after everyone ages up a bit. Everything has been hitting from drafts so far, including your player, Svenson (who deserves MVP now and forever), chetib's player (ultra solid play and deserves a Mcbride) and, of course, my own player (can i fight soon please I'm begging FHM). From additions, Adam has been a great addition so far, and I'm glad we're branching out with trades. If we're keeping up with the Joneses right now, what does our team look like five seasons from now? The answer is, of course, absolute domination the likes of the S50s and 60s Buffalo Stampede, Hamilton Steelhawks, and Chicago Syndicate. Some of you out there may not like this fact, but it is the absolute truth, so be ready to be dragged down to the ocean depths CHOMP CHOMP

12-20-2023, 01:21 AMyosh Wrote: How do you get the beeg yoshi?

It is my belief that the beeg yoshi cannot be simply obtained: beeg yoshi needs to befriended and appreciated. beeg yoshi needs to be fed only the best yoshi cookies out there. To call beeg yoshi out, one must call out "beeg." If you receive the response "YOSHIIIII," (that's the sound he makes!), you have effectively reached him, and will be blessed by his presence very soon. A few other calls, such as "yeeg" (with the response "BOSHIIIIII") and "ISHOYYYYYYYY" have been found to summon beeg yoshi as well. Since the HDification of beeg yoshi, more and more people can experience the loving and beeg friendship beeg yoshi has to offer. To show your appreciation, present him with more yoshi cookies and play the hit RPG Super Mario RPG, available in the Nintendo eShop.

I do not believe in ghosts. The amount of things that can be explained through simple things like building degradation (doors that open or close suddenly, for example), fog, animals in the walls, and other explanations are too numerous to say if they truly exist. That being said, I love the idea of ghosts and the wide variety of ways they can be used to tell stories, from being vengeful and actively trying to get revenge, to being protectors of their loved ones or those that live on their property currently. I grew up in a town where we have a variety of ghost stories that live on, so it's been a long running interest of mine.

For this last question, I'm assuming you're talking about the real life Teddy Blueger on the Vancouver Canucks (if not, more words for me!). I am admittedly not too familiar with him or his career, but from the looks of things, he's carved out a good career as a bottom six option. He seems to have an alright moustache, and it looks like he had a great goal pretty recently, and had a 2 assist game vs Dallas, so it seems like he performs well.

12-20-2023, 07:43 AMFitted2106 Wrote: How has your time at the FHN network been and do you see yourself putting a hat on a kitten for its birthday?

I am very glad you asked, president and CEO of the Fitted Hockey Network, Micheal Fitted! As always, I am a major fan of your articles, since they bring passion and grace to the SHL media landscape.

My time with FHN has been amazing. Despite being the biggest hockey media outlet in the SHL (others may say it isn't but according to FHN, it is), it always brings an underground journalistic feel that can't be replicated elsewhere. It has combined two things I loved, being the Tampa Bay Barracuda, and Fitted Media, together as a match made in Fitted heaven. Of course, this could only happen with you Fitted, since without you, where would the name "Fitted Hockey Network" even come from? Fitting hats? Fitting shoes? It would be a really weird name without that context. Name confusion aside, I'm not sure what I would do with myself if not for the Fitted Hockey Network if you weren't a part of it.

I would absolutely put a hat on a kitten for its birthday, but only if they want a hat put on them. Some animals might not want it, and that's okay. If they do, I will happily oblige. I would put on a miniturized 10 gallon hat, since it would look the funniest. I would also put on a Tampa Bay Barracuda hat or a decently trashed and vandalized hat of any of the other eastern conference teams.

12-20-2023, 09:52 AMC9Van Wrote: Do you miss when we first started on the Whalers at all?

I definitely miss my time on the whalers. Despite a pretty rocky welcome as GM, I was determined and ready to make the team better.; the actual result of my efforts is debatable, but mills and dex did a great job after I left to burn out in the SHL. While I could have done a lot of things better, such as not trading you (that was reaaaaally boneheaded), I still appreciated the time I spent on the Whalers, even if I don't hang out on their discord all that much anymore.

What are the best and worst changes that the SHL has made since you’ve joined?

What is your biggest SHL butterfly effect (if one thing went differently in a situation, how would things be different today)?

How’s the holiday season been for you?

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

12-19-2023, 09:41 PMMCP_ Wrote: Well, it's been five years and one day as of posting this since I joined the site. Sure, I've only been active for less than that, but who's counting?

My journey has been... interesting: I joined as a bored senior in high school in the largest SMJHL draft class, got into GMing 6 months in, flamed out of GMing a year later, went IA not too long after that, and here I am now as a semi-bored working adult on the best team in the SHL. As is tradition with me (i.e., I'm gonna be broke if I don't write more media), it's time to answer questions from the SHL public at large. Leave some questions below and I'll try to provide a comprehensive answer.

Hey MCP_ is this ready for grading? And if so - can you put your responses in the main post to make it easy on us graders so we dont miss any of your word count?

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Why is Joingustraaduvich DuBolk?

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

12-20-2023, 10:55 AMchetib Wrote: Why was S46 the best Reddit draft of all time?

There's a lot of reasons. The main thing was just the sheer quantity of players out there; the fact that it caused an emergency expansion hasn't happened since then, and I'm not sure if it'll happen again. Beyond that, there were so many good users that came out of that draft, even excluding the guys that hit 2000 TPE, it's nuts.