Create Account

What I already know [2x first post]

Hello!

My name is Emma. My husband is already part of the SHL. These are things that I think I already know from him talking about it:

Every season, your player gets drafted or stays on the team. Your player can play for a certain amount of seasons until they retire. If you are a general manager of a team, your player has to be drafted to that team.
During draft, some people have bought cameos to announce the draft picks. 

You get different amounts of money from doing different types of jobs. Some of the jobs are writing big articles which I believe this article is similar but it’s not like a recurring job so maybe not.

You can buy actual real life jerseys for your hockey team. I know because there’s one in my closet. One time my husband wore it to a real life hockey game.

There was a charity event where people sold real things or digital things for real money, and the real money got donated. I know some of the things were emotes and crocheted stuffies.

The SHL used to be a website and then got shut down and then resurfaced a few years later… my husband is looking at me and shaking his head no. Maybe not.

Obviously, the primary method of communication is discord. There are custom emotes just for SHL Discord. He said some people are very talented at making the emotes. 

There are a lot of people on SHL and there’s some groups of people who know each other in real life. Also, there are people who live all over the world not just in the United States

My husband states that you don’t actually have to know about hockey to use the SHL and I will be putting that to the test because my knowledge of hockey is very limited. Extremely.

He says that my players face might be superimpose onto a hockey players body.

And boy can I talk about his team. This is what I have gleaned from his ramblings. His team is doing very well. His player is the third string player of whatever position he’s in. His team always does really good but then sometimes doesn’t do very good in the final round. He is hoping that his player will get into the Hall of Fame but he doesn’t know if he will because he has other players on his team in the same position that are better than his player. I know that they are a teal colored team. I believe they are Winnipeg?

There used to be a guy who was part of the SHL, who my husband said was a poo poo face, and he ended up getting banned from SHL from basically being a poo poo face to people. 

And I forgot exactly what it was, but I know during pride month the group chat of his discord server changed.  It’s very possible that the group chat name changes every month. I also know that during that month, my husband coincidentally used a rainbow toothbrush.

I remember one time he was on a meeting of some sort, and they were playing some sort of game where they shoot balls through like an obstacle course and see what ball wins. I also know that they sometimes play Kahoot or something similar. I like playing Kahoot. I also like winning, but I’m setting my expectations very low for winning in the SHL due to my lack of experience. I have played a lot of sports growing up but obviously not hockey. I think I know 20 to 30% of the rules in hockey. I know what icing is (the hockey foul, not the dessert topping). I also know that whenever I get dragged to hockey games I like to wear multiple layers. I also like to bring a Snuggie. It’s very cold. My butt gets especially cold when sitting on metal bleachers bleachers. Obviously there’s not metal bleachers are NHL games but at local hockey games there are. Local hockey games are almost more enjoyable because you are not packed into the arena like sardines.

I do not know this, but it just popped into my head and I wonder if SHL players can get in trouble or ejected from the games for fighting. One time I was watching my husband play hockey (he is on a local team with some of his family members). My husband and his two relatives started wailing on somebody from the other team and all three of them got ejected. they thought it was pretty funny.

So that’s about it. I am sure that more things will pop into my head but that is the stuff that my husband rambles about the most because that is the stuff that has stuck in my head. I would love to know what I got right and what I got wrong!

Also, can you guess who my husband is? 
Please excuse any grammatical or spelling errors, as I am currently holding our sleeping baby.

Whalers       Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers  
[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: cJ0kyj1.jpeg]
 Whalers       Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers  

I guess your husband is By-tor because thats who you put as your recruiter and shl currently says you are looking at By-tors rep page. What do I win

i know almsot no one here but welcome and i hope you have fun

are we talking about Zap or Mike Izzy here, I need to know

[Image: lespoils.gif]

01-20-2024, 03:47 PMJURT Wrote: are we talking about Zap or Mike Izzy here, I need to know

The Zap debacle was front page news in this household

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

01-20-2024, 04:08 PMBy-Tor Wrote: The Zap debacle was front page news in this household

oh yeah makes sense

[Image: lespoils.gif]

This might be the greatest intro media I've ever seen. Welcome to the league. Heck your husband.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

10/10 would read again. Welcome to the league!

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

01-20-2024, 03:47 PMJURT Wrote: are we talking about Zap or Mike Izzy here, I need to know

[Image: zap-clipart-xl.png]

01-20-2024, 03:44 PMRuggsy Wrote: I guess your husband is By-tor because thats who you put as your recruiter and shl currently says you are looking at By-tors rep page. What do I win

[Image: willy-wonka-you-get-nothing.gif]

Welcome!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Easily the best intro media I’ve read in ages!
Welcome to the league!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

welcome to the league lol can confirm you don't need to know anything about hockey

I too am a SHL wife. You will do great things here.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

01-20-2024, 04:08 PMBy-Tor Wrote: The Zap debacle was front page news in this household

[Image: DaPxm91.png]

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate