Create Account

Biggest Draft Surprises [2x Draft Media]

01-31-2024, 08:54 PMCuffy Wrote: Scrub

Different turtle

[Image: lespoils.gif]

I wouldnt wear a pride jersey unless I played for San Fransisco

Kinda disrespectful to the Syndicate if I just started wearing other team jerseys

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

01-31-2024, 09:08 PMJURT Wrote: Different turtle
Ninja

[Image: cuffana.png]

I’m not homophobephobic, im just tired of them shoving their agenda down my throat

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

01-31-2024, 05:31 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Each individual organization in our league has the inalienable right to build their roster and locker room as they see fit for their needs and their culture. It’s not exclusionary to not be drafted or not offered a contract. You are conflating 14 individual team decisions into a rejection letter from the league office.

I don’t like seeing players go undrafted when they’re active. That stinks. That being said, you have to impress at least one team to earn a contract. Clearly that didn’t happen here. Hopefully an experience to learn from.

This is the most important point here imho. There is a big difference between individual teams/GMs not drafting a player due to criteria they have set for themselves, and the league itself as an entity officially "shunning" someone. The latter could be problematic, but as far as I can tell this didn't happen here.

Also, I think it goes without saying that nobody should be obligated to show tolerance towards intolerance. Especially if you are a historically marginalized group, you shouldn't have to keep turning the other cheek when people are being ignorant.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

This is why these jerseys were a terrible idea in the first place and why the NHL got rid of them in real life. Some people get real upset when other people don't pander to them like children.

"Some people" being?

[Image: Skree.gif]

02-01-2024, 08:18 AMSouthie Wrote: This is why these jerseys were a terrible idea in the first place

That's certainly a take.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

02-01-2024, 08:18 AMSouthie Wrote: This is why these jerseys were a terrible idea in the first place and why the NHL got rid of them in real life. Some people get real upset when other people don't pander to them like children.
They weren’t an issue until Provorov decided his feelings were more important than showing up for an inclusion initiative. Before this season, there were no issues because no homophobic players cared enough to make this their hill to die on. The NHL got rid of them because they’re cowards who badly screwed up and dumped a young, untapped market of fans who have largely been historically rejected by sports and iinstead pandered to a much older population of largely cishet men who were already their fanbase. It was a huge misstep.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

02-01-2024, 08:18 AMSouthie Wrote: This is why these jerseys were a terrible idea in the first place and why the NHL got rid of them in real life. Some people get real upset when other people don't pander to them like children.
I’d love to hear you clarify this a bit, it’s a good day for aimlessly digging holes.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Oh man, I’d be making bank as a shovel salesman these past few days.

[Image: lhlsigv2.jpg?ex=65cd244a&is=65baaf4a&hm=...5a69dcac4&]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

Go make IA multis somewhere else

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

02-01-2024, 09:16 AMboom Wrote: They weren’t an issue until Provorov decided his feelings were more important than showing up for an inclusion initiative. Before this season, there were no issues because no homophobic players cared enough to make this their hill to die on. The NHL got rid of them because they’re cowards who badly screwed up and dumped a young, untapped market of fans who have largely been historically rejected by sports and iinstead pandered to a much older population of largely cishet men who were already their fanbase. It was a huge misstep.
I agree NHL messed up, and are cowards.

I think you chose the wrong NHLer to dunk on, though--Eric Staal, who lied about having never worn a pride jersey, is the guy we should be dragging. I'm going to give a small bit of grace for cultural context around Russians amid fears of the Kremlin murdering their families for dissent.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

01-31-2024, 09:27 PMLime Wrote: I wouldnt wear a pride jersey unless I played for San Fransisco

Kinda disrespectful to the Syndicate if I just started wearing other team jerseys

Had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

[Image: hudson.png]

Man shut the fuck up lol

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]