Create Account

SHL Trade Market

Open discussion time:

Why is this league's trade market so over-inflated in comparison to other leagues? Is this what a trade market should actually be in sim leagues? Or do the others have it right and something went wrong in the league's past?

[Image: sobchak.png]

In what way? Inflated how? Too many people being traded? Too much assets?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

02-01-2024, 03:16 PMluke Wrote: In what way? Inflated how? Too many people being traded? Too much assets?
i do not think that any one player regardless of TPE is worth the amount of 1sts and 2nds I'm seeing.

02-01-2024, 03:17 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: i do not think that any one player regardless of TPE is worth the amount of 1sts and 2nds I'm seeing.

youre just wrong. end of discussion. market dictates the price. Other leagues must be shit then

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2024, 11:56 AM by Rangerjase. Edited 2 times in total.)

02-01-2024, 03:22 PMluke Wrote: youre just wrong. end of discussion. market dictates the price. Other leagues must be shit then
wonderful discussion; thank you for your insightful input, go be a (edited) somewhere else if you arent gonna contribute

also; who fucked up the market then?

I mean, if it's a slam dunk player, a quick look at past drafts show most late round 1sts never pan out. Its security vs a roll of the dice.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

The trade market is abstract and contextual. It and the assets involved in it are in a state of constant flux. I really don’t know what kind of answers you’re hoping to find with the post as it’s currently written.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

02-01-2024, 03:30 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: wonderful discussion; thank you for your insightful input, go be a cunt somewhere else if you arent gonna contribute

also; who fucked up the market then?

markets been set for years buddy. You can look at all the different trades over the years to see the price of players. No one fucked up any market. Thats just the price of players.

02-01-2024, 03:30 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: also; who fucked up the market then?

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=97460

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2024, 03:45 PM by trella. Edited 1 time in total.)

02-01-2024, 03:14 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: Open discussion time:

Why is this league's trade market so over-inflated in comparison to other leagues? Is this what a trade market should actually be in sim leagues? Or do the others have it right and something went wrong in the league's past?
you should see the trades I made during my tenure as tbb gm. you'd faint
the biggest one never even happened. pretty sure it was like 3 1sts+ for @juke

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Hi scud, since you seem confused on some of these ideas:

Players who have max earned for X seasons are worth a lot, there's no way to get that without a fairly long incubation process.

Compounded with that, often times teams are buying these players after developing many of their own. The value of players bought by these teams is high because they're looking to contend immediately. There's supply and demand in play here.

A lot (not all, but many buying teams) 1st round picks are not worth a lot when we have 20 teams and they're trying to win cups. Multiple picks might be needed to reach a reasonable return.

Sometimes users are valuable to a GM for their personality, increasing the price demanded.

The SHL is a slower league relative to what you're used to, and the time scale increases price both due to the player investment and the ammount of value locker room presences bring.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

as a follow up to my last post:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....hlight=TBB 3+ 1sts for @roastpuff
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....hlight=TBB this is the trade for juke that fell through. my offer was 3 1sts and 4 2nds.

and i would do both again

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

You're telling me I shouldn't even have fetched a 2nd???? :(

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

Open the J market

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

You could always become a GM and sell players for less than they are worth, that would help reduce prices eh

[Image: lespoils.gif]