Create Account

Jon Forty-One for IIHF Hall of Fame

Hello SHL. Hope you are all having a lovely day.

Okay so, I figured I would make this media to try and raise awareness on something that I would love to see.

My first player Jon Forty-One for IIHF Hall of Fame.

This may potentially be a disorganised mess but I will try my best to make the points count. If not well, at least I will get some much needed money for this media but please genuinely consider the following.

First, the stats.
GP 216
G 51
A 95
P 146
+/- 58
Hit 164
SB    74

I'll try to break a few of these down albeit hockey stats aren't really an expertise of mine.

Games Played: 216

Jon Forty-One's regular season IIHF stats begin in Season 48 (Under the 12 game regular season system) all the way to Season 65. Never missing an event. 17 seasons netted me 216 games total. This nets me more than enough games all time for a long enough career. Now is it the longest in IIHF history? No, not at all but it is more than a good number of others with the nod and proves I was a core player for Great Britain and the golden era we had.

Goals: 51

I played damn near everywhere outside of goalie and forward so this goes up and down. Also,  I would argue that my Jon build was never designed to get goals as even from a young sim leaguer I have always enjoyed assisting and my build was more focused on getting those in points for the team. I still believe this is pretty decent and not an anchor since it was not like I ever gunned top goal scorer

Assists: 95

Over the seasons Jon managed to hit almost 100 assists. Some of these being quite important ones during the regular games. I got pinged quite a few times for the big ones during streams for them. I do believe that this pretty good and hopefully you agree.

Jon finished with 146 points! Putting the 2 totals together I already beat a good few Hall of Famers in total points so I know I am up there.

+/- 95
Hits 164
SB 74

Okay I will be very honest with you here. I have no idea if +/- really has weight on this. Great Britain when I was new were not very good to begin with so I do not really do much in this category but when we do hit the Golden Era this pops off (Ironically, not in my best season in which I get Forward of the Season with -2.)

For hits because I did not always play 1 position, forward I have way more than most Forwards but way less than Centers so I guess about average. I suppose being in the middle makes sense but I will admit this is not something I can look at and go "Hey, look at my hits! It is undeniable!"

Shots Blocked I have a good enough again. Beating a couple of HoFers in this stat who played forward but the start of my career and hardcore aging of my player I did not get a cray amount. Still, not the worst stats ever either.

So those are the stats to begin with but lets take a closer look. Primarily at the Golden Age of Great Britain in IIHF.

X3 Gold Medal (S52, S55 & S61)
X6 Silver Medal (S49, S54, S56, S57, S58, S60)
x1 Bronze Medal (S53)
x1 Top Forward (S57)

Out of the 17 seasons, mainly during the mid 50s to early 60s, Team Great Britain would just be quite the powerful squad in IIHF. 10 out of 17 times we would make at least semi finals and Jon Forty-One was a part of that core and during S53-S61 Jon would also really collect a lot of the points being one of the biggest players for the team.

The easily biggest season would be in S57 when Jon Forty-One won Forward of the Season and finished with 8 goals, 13 assists and finish with the most points of any players in that seasons tournament. GB would go onto get a silver that season but still this proved he was one of the best players. Jon would also get 11+ points 7 separate times in his career so averaging almost a point per game. Jon had a prime that a lot of people would love to have in terms of success (Albeit sure maybe more golds lol) and being one of the reasons Team GB were thriving.

I am pretty proud of winning the Season 57 Forward of the tournament award too.

I would also like to mention a fun fact that when my player was basically a baby with like...500-ish TPE and playing for Team GB he would only get an average play time of 1, 2 or 3 minutes from S48 - S52 but would STILL make those minutes count by getting 5, 6 and even 8 points in 3 of those seasons. So he was really making those seconds count for everything he was doing even though that was when he was super young still.

There are a lot of great players in Team GB history. Rex Kirby, Luca Del Vecchio is 1 of my personal favs I played with and others who may get the nod too. But I do believe Jon Forty-One is someone who deserves to join the others in the Hall of Fame with them for the contributions he did, his prime and overall stats.

If you do not want to take my word that Jon Forty-One should be in the IIHF Hall of Fame though, let us hear from a few other SHL users instead!

The first quote I will give to you is by @By-Tor. Legendary Winnipeg and Swiss player Marcel Beck says:

"During Jon Forty-One's prime in UK, the Brits were a nearly unstoppable force. Jon ended up with 3 IIHF Gold, 6 Silver, and 1 Bronze medal in 18 seasons. Winning best forward of the tournament in S57, Jon Forty-One was often one of the top scoring forwards of a successful Great Britain. He carried the team in a number of ways in the late 50s, early 60s, when some of the shiny hardware was brought home. Not only did he display scoring skill on the international stage, his longevity in Great Britain, 216 games, is impressive. He may fly under the radar to some, but I doubt Great Britain would have had as many medals during that period as they did without the help of Jon Forty-One. As I have been curating the IIHF medal history lately, his name regularly appears and has the name recognition, to me, to earn an IIHF Hall of Fame bid."

Next is QCC and Buffalo legend, @Evok to help really make a great point:

"ew gb"

Errr...well fuck. How about former team mate in Great Britain and lovely overall bloke @OrbitingDeath says:

"Despite Jon and me playing the same position, I never felt we were competing together for the spots, he was a real team player and a thriving force behind us getting gold together in S52, S55 and my final season in S61. I hope he will feel the same way and shoot me an invite for the ceremony when his jersey gets inducted in the IIHF Hall of Fame -- Vorian Atreides"

My former Minors GM, Raptors legend and overall badass: @Ruggsy

"Jon Forty-One presents as an easy choice for an addition to the IIHF hall of fame. Through an outstanding 18 SEASONS with Great Britain, he maintained a steady high tier performance helping to bring the team to an immense 3 gold medals, 6 Silver medals, as well as a forward of the season award. An offensive threat whenever he was on the ice, you knew that your team would be scoring when Jon was on the ice, it was just a matter of time. Those are exactly the players you want in an international tournament. Which clearly worked with how many medals Jon had when his immense career finally ended."

Okay then, how about from someone who is going to win the cup this season? @micool132

"Hello everyone, commitee, my name is micool. Im gonna win the cup. I am here to support Jon Forty-One making the IIHF HoF. I fucking love this guy. He is the best guy in the world. PERIOD. Ladies and gentleman, TENACIOUS D! I mean tenacious VAN. The Hall of Fame would really become more famous if Forty-One was induced because he is forty-one times more. He representend his nation of Great Britain very well and proudly. I think if I were a cup, I would want to be won by Jon Forty-One in the IIHF HOF"

One of Great Britain's coolest members and I believe former GM, @steveoiscool says:

"J41 was the epitome of class and success. Any team he was a part of was instantly better because of him."

How about incredible user @slothfacekilla then?

"On my first player I was able to join Great Britain at a great time, winning right away.  We were able to keep winning in a large part because of Jon Forty-One.  As teammates we were able to capture gold in seasons 52, 55, and 61 and Jon also added 6 silvers and a bronze medal to his name in his career, which shows how good GB was then.  In those three gold medal seasons Jon was able to pot 33 points in 36 round robin games while playing tough minutes for our team, showing how critical he was to the success we saw in that era of Great Britain.  You can’t talk about GB of that time without mentioning Forty-One."

This next is from @mer
One of the best SHL users going so you know she will have something great to say! She says:

"Van, I just woke up. What is a hoffer." WAIT NO FUCK GO TO THE NEXT ONE!

Next up is... @Aneeqs !?

"Van is the person who got me into sim leagues and especially did get me to try the Simulation Hockey League. I am very much happy we got to play on the Colorado Raptors, Team Dach and Team Switzerland now together. He has shown me his first career with the United Kingdom and you would be hard pressed to find someone who cares more about the IIHF & he has a player that fully deserves to make the Hall of Fame with his first player who seems to have a lot of great stats and an impressive Forward award. Give this bozo the nod!"

Also amazing user and GB legend, @PremierBromanov said:

"During my tenure as Great Britain's Federation Head, there were a few constants every season. Perhaps the most reliable for me was Jon 41. Although Jon was never alone in his loyalty and dependability to this team, i was still anxious every season that he might finally retire. Great Britain won plenty of medals in the time that Jon was here and not one of them was possible without him."

And finally, my current Blizzard Step-GM, @Eggcracker

"J41 was a constant contributor and menace to other nations during his 10+ seasons representing Great Britain. Boasting accolades most players can only dream of during their careers while representing their country. J41 was an integral piece in each of the 3 Gold medal victories for Great Britain in S52, S55, and S61, victories over this span of time shows that J41 and team GBR were consistently great as opposed to shining bright for a short amount of time. Not a lot of players can say they have a IIHF gold, let alone 3 during their career. J41 should be a shoo-in for the IIHF HoF."

So I guess there you have it. Some great stats, an exceptional prime, some words of wisdom from a wide range of different SHL users, a rainbow of medals and a Forward of the Season in a pear treeee. Wait it is February, sorry. Tisn't the season for christmas pun songs. Hopefully it is the season for IIHF HoF though cause this is the one I am hoping to get (Unsure if J41 makes it in the other 1 but who knows)

Thank you for reading this media if you did.

[About 2100 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Good luck in your quest for IIHF HOF!

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Hope it helps to get you inducted Aneeq

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

"Ew gb" I'm dead.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Vouch

[Image: sobchak.png]