Create Account

Help me with a research assignment (survey on bus apps)

Heya

I am currently taking a UI/UX class and my current project is to create a bus app. Part of this assignment is to make a presentation about interviewing people on their thoughts on different bus apps. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to interview anyone on campus and the bus isn't commonly used where I live so I am having a lot of trouble finding people to interview.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in answering a few questions regarding the bus app that they use.

Survey Link Here

Feel free to be as descriptive or short as you like and every question is completely optional.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks .-.

Hi @Grum , I have taken the bus once in the last 10 years. When I did I just used Google and my local transit website to plan my route.

I would be happy to take the survey but I am not sure if I will be much help.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

02-25-2024, 06:38 PMspidey Wrote: Hi @Grum ,  I have taken the bus once in the last 10 years.  When I did I just used Google and my local transit website to plan my route. 

I would be happy to take the survey but I am not sure if I will be much help.
Heya

Honestly, its better than nothing! I’m gonna use a lot of these responses to help tailor my app design anything can be of use.

filled it out, hopefully its of some use

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Oh something i have a LOT of feelings about. I LOVE public transit

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

02-25-2024, 08:48 PMhhh81 Wrote: Oh something i have a LOT of feelings about. I LOVE public transit
I can FEEL the sarcasm.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Does it have to be a bus-specific app? I have one that I like and it covers different ways of public transportation, but I mostly like it for subway or local trains. I rarely use the bus if I can take a subway or tram instead.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

02-26-2024, 02:19 AMCarpy48 Wrote: Does it have to be a bus-specific app? I have one that I like and it covers different ways of public transportation, but I mostly like it for subway or local trains. I rarely use the bus if I can take a subway or tram instead.
I would say it works for this. Since I am creating an interface, having insight on what commuters value most is what I’m mostly interested in. If it’s all in one app I can’t imagine the functionality differs too much either.

02-25-2024, 11:13 PMPapaSorin Wrote: I can FEEL the sarcasm.
And you would be very, very wrong.

I genuinely and unambiguously love public transit. I think one of the great crimes against our society and our well-being in the US is the choices our predecessors made to prioritize space for cars to the detriment of walkable cities and human community. If I were to run for public office (which will not happen at this point) my #1 goal would be expanding and reinforcing high speed rail infrastructure coast to coast.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

02-26-2024, 03:59 AMGrum Wrote: I would say it works for this. Since I am creating an interface, having insight on what commuters value most is what I’m mostly interested in. If it’s all in one app I can’t imagine the functionality differs too much either.

Filled it out for you now.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Thank you to everyone who has filled out the survey : ) All the responses have been very helpful
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2024, 11:51 AM by PapaSorin. Edited 1 time in total.)

02-26-2024, 08:14 AMhhh81 Wrote: And you would be very, very wrong.

I genuinely and unambiguously love public transit. I think one of the great crimes against our society and our well-being in the US is the choices our predecessors made to prioritize space for cars to the detriment of walkable cities and human community. If I were to run for public office (which will not happen at this point) my #1 goal would be expanding and reinforcing high speed rail infrastructure coast to coast.
When I hear public transit, I think of the years/decade of on and off bus/train commuting built as an afterthought in southeast Florida. I think of the drug deals going on 20 feet from cop cars at transit stations, bus benches that chronically smell like urine and trains chronically late from striking cars because "they could beat the train" and save 45 seconds. At one point, I was at a central transit hub and witnessed 50+ people flash mob around a motorcycle to get drugs. Took less than 2 minutes. I can't imagine a world without public transit existing, but I equally can't imagine what a good public transit system would actually look and feel like.

02-26-2024, 11:50 AMPapaSorin Wrote: When I hear public transit, I think of the years/decade of on and off bus/train commuting built as an afterthought in southeast Florida. I think of the drug deals going on 20 feet from cop cars at transit stations, bus benches that chronically smell like urine and trains chronically late from striking cars because "they could beat the train" and save 45 seconds. At one point, I was at a central transit hub and witnessed 50+ people flash mob around a motorcycle to get drugs. Took less than 2 minutes. I can't imagine a world without public transit existing, but I equally can't imagine what a good public transit system would actually look and feel like.
All u have to do is look outside of the US brother

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

02-29-2024, 12:11 PMtrella Wrote: All u have to do is look outside of the US brother
I truly wish the US had an infrastructure similar to Amsterdam. Bikes everywhere, less chance to get run over by cars.

Did this late, hopefully still helpful