Create Account

Regina.

Regina.

I love you.

I really, really love you.

I’m really, really, sorry that I failed to do anything in the playoffs with you.

It’s a funny story about how I wound up here with this team, and it starts with an interaction in another league.
Back in the PBE, Jess was my GM and we had recently traded for her friend (who at the time was a complete unknown to me) named lesspoils or JURT. JURT spoke exclusively in Star Wars gifs and I wasn’t sure if he was actually friendly or not, because he never actually spoke in words. So I reached out to Jess with the following question:

“Is les a nice person?”
To which she replied,
“He’s literally my best friend.”

At that point I knew I had to apply, but I was still scared because this was my first time reaching out to someone about a GM position in the league, so I wasn’t sure of the process or similar. I took a chance and messaged him and thankfully he was very normal and very friendly, after a brief exchange of Star Wars emotes, we talked shop and then he hired me.

To say I was overwhelmed at the start was an understatement, I was struggling to figure out how to scout effectively and similar, I didn’t really communicate with JURT the best, and the team just kinda struggled to find an identity. All I did was post goalie swaps and even then I was spotty at best with those, so basically I was a bit shit, but I wasn’t inactive so I was a little bit better than that. The team just kind of, existed, during our tenure with it. We didn’t really suck but also we never made a deep push despite an awesome core, which is the start of the Regina curse.

Eventually JURT stepped down and I was going to quit alongside him, but someone, I’m not entirely sure who, in GM chat convinced me to apply again and not quit on it (Chevy I think it was you but I’m not sure). Well, I didn’t get it, but I was blessed that Blake gave me the chance to redeem myself as the co-GM position as we entered into a new era of the Elk: the piss ice era. I started to really hit my stride here, Blake and I worked well together as the Elk strung together a few seasons of a good regular season but middling postseason success, as the team just couldn’t get over the hump due to a lot of just what felt like awful sim luck that follows me at any team that I GM for.

So naturally the logical conclusion was to apply for the primary GM position after Blake resigned, and for some reason the J HO voted to give me the position, still not sure what they were thinking. I tried to make some big moves to bring in a loaded core, I tried to spend hours upon hours learning the FHM sim engine to figure out what strategies would work best for the team (trick answer: none of them work, at least with my luck). I tried everything I possibly could, and I failed to go on a deep run with you guys. I’m so sorry for all of you who I wasted your careers, I was genuinely trying to do my best and failed.

It's part of the reason why I made the jump to SMJHL HO from the GM position. While I love the Elk to death and always will love them to death, I am eternally cursed as a GM in sim leagues to never win a title from the position, and the team needed that new spark of energy that I wouldn’t be able to provide with my inability to do anything right.

To @JURT, thank you for giving me that chance to help try and run this ship with you. It sucks we couldn’t make it work but thank you for getting me down this road of GM-ship.

To @blakec1414, thank you for giving me yet another chance as a Co-GM when I really didn’t deserve it. You could have gone so many different directions and you went with me.

To @yosh, thank you for applying to be my Co-GM when you did. Your positive energy is infectious and helped keep me sane during days where the sim just had me seeing red.

To the Regina War Room over the years: @Bayley, @Caleb, @CloudRobot. You helped me out in countless ways you might not have realized. Whether it was offering tactics help or scouting players or talking me off that proverbial cliff, thank you. It means the world.

To all the current and former Elk I drafted, signed or traded for, thank you. There’s too many of you to tag, but I hope you know I love all of you the same. I’m sorry I couldn’t achieve the title I said we were close to fighting for, I’m sorry for wasting your time in the J with my inability to figure out tactics, but you remained patient with me and once again, thank you.

To all of my friends in SMJHL GM chat, I’m still there you can’t escape me that easily. But thank you, so many of you helped me out just by being wonderful people to talk to and just shoot the shit with during drafts while we turned ACap’s hair gray during our countless trade talks (especially you @sve7en I miss the annual REG/CAR draft day trade)

As I depart for the world of SMJHL HO I leave the Elk in two capable hands of Yosh and CloudRobot who are going to do great things with this franchise. Hopefully my departure helps the sim luck turn around for the better. I’ll be watching with great interest and I’m so proud of everyone.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

You were a huge reason why I enjoyed my time in Regina so much. Thanks for all of your help early on in my career. All the best in your HO position!

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

<3 thanks for everything Reno.

Enjoy giving out the fines instead of getting them! We will miss you!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

this makes me feel really bad for winning that playoff series :( im sorry

Dearest Reno. While your ability to build a winning hockey club leaves much to be desired, you will still be missed here in Hell On Earth (I mean Regina, Saskatchewan). The Vibe Up In Here is something that you should be proud of and you've had a tremendous impact on my brief time here on this Web Site. I hope you do great things doing whatever it is you'll be doing at SMJHL HO and once Mary is good enough I'm sure our paths will cross again when she shatters Willow's ankles, scores a nuke, celebrates by blowing a vape cloud in Willow's face, and then fights her.

I think I can speak on behalf of All Of Deez Elkz when I say we love u too. Don't cry because it's over, smile because our collective day was ruined by the outcome of a stupid video game that we all invest far too many emotions into.

Elk  Rage
[Image: cLeHjn1.png]
Sig by sulovilen!

I’m not crying, you’re crying

You didn’t waste anything, you’ve assembled a damn fine LR and you’re one of the main reasons being a part of the Elk is great. You did a great job in Regina and I know you’ll smash it in HO

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

My main objective as head GM is to build off of the incredible work that you and your predecessors have already done to get Regina to where it is. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to be your co-GM, Reno, and best wishes in your SMJHL HO tenure.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

This is a superb love letter to your team! Thanks for everything @Reno!

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!