Create Account

S75 Championship Week Due: Sunday, March 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

PBE Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 07:53 PM by caltroit_red_flames. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
(3 TPE) Affiliate Claim
PBE PT

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
caltroit trivia verification

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 75! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?
Well this is a surprise. I've been saying for a while that LAP is a great organization but Luke and co have put together an excellent organization in New England as well and I'm really surprised that LA was able to sweep them. They were all close games so I don't know if anyone can say alone why LA won, but if I have to try I would say that overall it was consistency by LA. 3 out of the 4 games LA was able to score 4 goals, meanwhile NEW was just not able to make the offense work for them. If NEW wanted to win this time they really needed to take more risks. A 6-4 loss sounds a lot better to me than a 4-2 loss because at least you broke through the other team's defense 4 times, but only scoring twice sounds to me like you really got shut down.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 08:14 PM by baz. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE PT +3 TPE

Prompt 6:
Now you may be wondering who was the best team in the SMJHL outside of the two teams who appeared in the championship which I am not even sure of but who cares! Anyways the best team in the SMJHL was the Nevada Battleborn and you may say Baz this is 100% biased. Yes you would be right but what the Battleborn did with the youngest roster and in a rough division was absolutely insane! This team put together so many great games and put up with the high end caliber teams and made the playoffs winning a series as well in an upset. I am not sure many teams can accomplish this with how little TPE they had compared to the rest.

Prompt 13:
The Raptors came out on top this season and were absolutely dominant through the whole thing! I had not watched much of the season but in the playoffs the Raptors were truly outclassing everyone else with a 12-5 record in the playoffs and with Colorado knocking off their biggest opponent the winners of the regular season Quebec City, they were able to cruise into the championship. Unfortunately in a sim there is not much you can do to fix an outcome so that you have a better chance of winning but instead just making sure you capitalize on the talent you have at all times! Newfoundland put up a resilient fight but ended up losing 4-1.

Trivia Code: Wooper

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

1. CW TRIVIA
Password - Catchphrase

5. And make it double - 3 TPE's

This show will be part circus and part visual art show which is often seen on the ice at the Bell Center and other areas around the NHL. The key here is to make a show WHILE the Zambonis are doing their job to refresh the ice. Thus this is the show I have in mind: Something ala Cirque Du Soleil taking place above the ice with air acrobats using ropes, chains, swings, and other fun stuff all the while under them their performance is complemented with visual art on the ice using projectors. Not wanting the Zambonis to be a hindrance to the show as they refresh the ice surface, on top of them would be installed something retro-reflect ( Think Hellacarrier's stealth panels from Avengers ) what is projected on the ice and thus make them less visible. This is to maximize the visual grandeur of the event for maximum fan enjoyment.

12. Written, 2 TPE, Favor for a friend - 2 TPE's
I would pick Meta Knight, Brandan Laroux, and Alexi Piastri. Yes, I know that Piastri left Minnesota to become a Champion with the Panthers but I still count him because he was drafted by the Monarchs. Brendan Laroux is an excellent defenseman one of the best points scorers on the blue line during Season 75 who I also spent time with in the Juniors as part of the Detroit Falcons! Meta Knight is a veteran player who I always felt comfortable playing with and I feel we have good chemistry both on and off the ice. Alexi Piastri is a natural points scorer who knows where to position himself for maximum scoring chances and for four of us together on the same National team? It can only do one thing: Major Damage!

1. CW Trivia
Code: Curly Fries

5. Written, 3 TPE, And make it double (150 words min.)
SHL HO has noticed how well received the Ultimus Bowl half time show has been and you are now tasked to create a show for both intermissions during one of Challenge Cup Finals. What kind of performance it will be and how will you ensure that ice will get resurfaced while it is going on?

With the concern for the quality of the ice being a priority when thinking about intermission entertainment, I have a couple modest proposals. The first is trapeze artists. This one is a bit obvious as they  can do their act entirely without touching the ice. What better way to stun the crowds while the zamboni drivers still get to do their thing entirely uninterrupted? And the crowd is always awed by the high-flying circus performers. We did not really go to the circus often or anything growing up, but I seem to remember getting free tickets once through school and being absolutely amazed by the people flying around the rafters. As someone who is terrified of heights, those acts have always been particularly impressive to me and I think it could work well in a hockey arena. The second still involves some performance on the ice itself, but is always a real crowd-pleaser and the impact to the ice should be minimal. Pee-wee hockey games. I went to a minor league hockey game a month or two ago that had a veritable mob of youngsters on the ice playing an "organized" little league game. It was something like 9v9 in a small portion of the ice and the game was absolute chaos. There were flagrant trips and frequent pile-ups of many children that were absolutely fucking hilarious. The game was only a few minutes long, so there was still plenty of time to groom the ice after the kiddos had done their damage, which I think was limited to between the circles anyways. I think everyone enjoys watching kids falling down and so this is a really cute way to get the people what they want, will make an unforgettable memory for the families, and should still leave the ice in a state that is easy to be maintained in a way that is typical for the level of hockey we have come to expect in this league.

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: word

SHL HO has noticed how well received the Ultimus Bowl half time show has been and you are now tasked to create a show for both intermissions during one of Challenge Cup Finals. What kind of performance it will be and how will you ensure that ice will get resurfaced while it is going on?

For the first intermission of one of the Challenge Cup Finals games, you have to get the local kids hockey teams out there to play a few minutes. Kids from four to seven years old playing on the professional ice for a even a few minutes would create memories that would last them a lifetime and also keep them encouraged to stick with hockey even longer. During the second intermission, you have to do a big fan contest. Bring multiple fans on to the ice and have them compete for a big prize. You could have them do some crazy shooting competitions like trying to score the most goals from center ice, make them run an obstacle course on the ice, or even put them in giant inflatable balls and make them sumo-ball wrestle each other at center ice. You could make the prize an all expenses trip paid to a concert and then have that band play a few songs from a stage area built up by the box seats.

6. Written, 2 TPE, Maybe next season (100 words min)

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The Maine Timber had a great season, finishing second only to the Quebec City Citadelles. They were able to take on just about any team in a seven game series. Unfortunately, the sophomore trio of Quebecois were unable to propel the team to the finals, instead losing to a determined Newfoundland side. With a combination of solid veteran presence and a splashy sophomore class, the Timber were favorites to get through their opponents to the finals. The Timber planned to rely on sophomore goaltender Shotty McStopper between the pipes, but it ended up being rookie Timo Leppanen with the hot glove. Unfortunately, neither netminder was able to prevent enough goals in the end.

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

1. TRIVIA: verification word is Camel

3. The mental advantage going into the challenge cup finals belongs to the New England Wolfpack. New England; year after year exhibit a top tier team in the league, along with a few others such as Edmonton, Winnipeg and Philadelphia. The Los Angeles Panthers realistically may have been projected to get to the eastern conference finals at best, but you’d be lying if you said you had them WINNING the challenge cup. But as the old truism goes, pressure creates diamonds. You either sink or swim in the finals, and the panthers swam, with a chip on their shoulder against an absolute JUGGERNAUT of a New England squad. The panthers are bracket busters, and this may solidfy Svobodas Hall of Fame career. He should pull a ray borque and just retire on top at this point. Whenever you have a David vs Goliath situation, you assume that Goliath’s will win. Well, they always did win back in the day, but the panthers proved that they are the exception to the rule. Perhaps we have a new league juggernaut.

4. It is difficult to say with certain that Edmonton and/or Winnipeg have had a “setback”. I just think that with prospect pools developing, different teams are going to get some limelight, and scare some of the former league juggernauts. With that being said, Baltimore is one team I see that is going to make a massive leap forward. They’ve been managed correctly, and with a little bit of tweaking, a draft pick trade here and a UFA signing there, they could be a force to be reckoned with on par with Edmonton or Winnipeg. I do think that perhaps Edmonton has taken a bit of a step back in comparison with Winnipeg, but we will have to see. I don’t think the core is aging quickly, but the young teams are getting so good so quickly. I think you also need to watch out for Atlanta as well as San Francisco soon. It won’t be an easy transition but you’ll slowly see the playoff seeds become misaligned and before you know it there will be an entire new crop of juggernauts in the SHL.

5. For the Ultimus Bowl Halftime Show, I would likely be allocated a pretty respectable budget. Perhaps I could get a solid class act like Anderson paak, Bruno mars or maybe DaBaby. I think after some deliberation, I would likely pocket 90% of the cash and give 3% of the cash to Micools uncle to perform. Micools uncle has a career in northern Quebec as a battle rapper. He had so many different good features on Canadian prominent artists albums such as uncle Adam’s. I’d make the Zamboni do double twists and burnouts on centre ice as Micools uncle performed a rendition of Eminem’s lose yourself lip syncing on 2.5x speed. You see Micool uncle is a lyrical spiritual miracle individual. He’s an absolute thug and I think that the crowd will be obsessed with him. He will probably sell antiquated forms of media such as cds and cassettes.

TPE CLAIM: 8 TPE
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 09:28 PM by vbottas17. Edited 2 times in total.)

Verification word: Pasta

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. During the Conference Finals Panthers had no players who had multi goal game, yet they beat the Texas in 5 games. Can New England shut down a team with such depth, how could they do it?

I don't think that New England is going to be able to stop the Panthers in this series. Los Angeles rolls e lines full of quality players. I believe that will be the difference in this series and enough to put the Panthers over the top. While Los Angeles has star players such as Adam Prpich and Derek Martin, there's not much of a falloff behind the teams superstars.

d. So, a pack of wolves fighting some panthers. Where the fight happens? How it goes? Which side wins? Were animals hurt while answering this prompt?
e. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

I'm guessing this fight is happening somewhere near where mountains run up against the edge of the desert. The Wolves fight as a pack, but the title clearly states Panthers so I'm thinkthing the Panthers have the advantage and will be slashing at and kicking the pack of wolves straight out of town. 1 Panther alone may have a tough time fighting off a pack of Wolves so I guess that's probably why the car called its buddy's in for some backups

4. Written, 3 TPE, Merely a setback! (150 words min.)
For more than 5 seasons conference finals have mostly been played between Edmonton and Winnipeg in west, yet this season they were both knocked out earlier. In the east Baltimore and Hamilton challenged Philadelphia and New England but ultimately we saw the same two teams in conference finals. Was season 75 merely a setback for Edmonton and Winnipeg or is the clock also ticking for New England and Philadelphia? Which teams you expect to see making it to finals during next few seasons?

I think you could have said that this is just a setback for both Edmonton and Winnipeg, but then Edmonton went and launched a full rebuild. As for Winnipeg, I believe that they will be competitive for the foreseeable future. They have too much talent to be held down for long. As far as who they'll be fighting it out with in the West, you have to go with the Los Angeles Panthers for exhibit A. The Panthers have such a deep team from top to bottom at every position. The teams top stars such as Adam Prpich, Derek Martin, Pass Forfeit, Axel Kirby, Reed Kobo, Alexi Piastri, Rasmus Bergling, Evan Winter, and the list goes on and on, are either at the peak of their careers or very near their prime seasons. The Panthers finished second in the SHL behind Edmonton last season and I think that they're an even better team heading into Season 76. As for the Blizzard, I don't think that they'll be rebuilding for long. The teams management has stockpiled assets this offseason and I doubt it's long before they are climbing the standings and reclaiming their position as one of the Western Conferences top teams. Teams such as the Texas Renegades, The Minnesota Monarchs, and the San Francisco Pride continue to get better as well. The next few seasons should have some great battles out west.

(+8 TPE)

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 09:19 PM by Seymour. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL PT

bean

9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Face of the Franchise

Your player strikes a sponsorship deal with a local producer of something. Create an add showing the product with your player or their face on it.

[Image: nPVcDeh.jpeg]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Code:

VW: simwen

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

In my opinion the best SHL team that did not manage to make the finals this season was the Atlanta Inferno. Now I know what you might be saying, they didn't even make it out of the first round. HOWEVER they're a young hungry team full of skill, grit, hunger, desire, and many more things I could name off but won't. Plus on top of all that they had the best play in the league, Angus McFife XVIII on the squad for his final season before retirement. The cup man himself should've been more than enough to push them to the final but unfortunately they didn't do his career justice and fell just a little bit short. @micool132 :wy:

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

d. So, a pack of wolves fighting some panthers. Where the fight happens? How it goes? Which side wins? Were animals hurt while answering this prompt?
I think that this fight happens in the woods out in rural New England. The panthers are out of their element here and are also overwhelmed by the sheer number of wolves in the pack. Since panthers mostly go solo and are ambush predators their best hope in this fight is jumping the wolves when they're not prepared and hoping to take down enough to turn the tide. However the wolves in my opinion come out victorious. 77 words

a. During the Conference Finals Panthers had no players who had multi goal game, yet they beat the Texas in 5 games. Can New England shut down a team with such depth, how could they do it?
Now this is an interesting question and will really decide how the series plays out in my opinion. Whoever has the better depth in this series will win it. If New England's depth can match the performance of LA's depth, they'll be able to shut down or simply outscore LA. They need everyone to step up, play hard defense, block shots, make hits, and just dig in. 67 words

c. Olof Karsikko, who has won the Razov and the Challenge Cup with both teams, while already past his peak comes into finals with higher save percentage than Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz who on the other hand has lower goal against average. Which team in your opinion has advantage on net and how much of an impact you think it will have on the series?
To me Olof Karsikko will be the difference maker in net. He's got the higher save percentage which to me shows off how good a goalie is more than his goals against average. Nothing against GAA fans, but it feels like more of an indication of team defense rather than save percentage. With that in mind I think Olof freezes LA out and really shuts the door to get them to the cup. A hot goalie can steal a series away and that's what it feels like he is right now. 91 words

8/8

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Code:
froggie
3/8

Code:
The between periods shows at the Challenge Cup are hard to plan - Stadium Series would be easier as the ice sheet takes up a small amount of PBE field or ISFL stadium, so it's possible to have both a stage and an ice sheet on the field and resurface the ice between periods. Since that's not an option in an arena, a few ideas were thrown around: sealing off an area in the 100s, box, or 300s for a makeshift stage - this was tossed because the owners want as many seats as possible to sell, and sealing off the amount needed would drastically reduce the seating. Creative choreography was also tossed around, but consults with choreographers proved frustrating as they laughed at the prospect of having performers racing around the ice while a zamboni worked. The final plan is to have a floating stage above the ice - it's been used successfully at many concerts and will allow for ice work during the show.
6/8

Code:
I gotta go with QCC as a homer. The Citadelles have an incredible roster with so many active forwards, and just need a bit of life breathed into the defense side. They had an incredible season with very strong performances from multiple players, and just couldn't pull it together during the playoffs - it's always a mental game and I believe the bye round had them off their game. In the next season, I truly believe the powerhouses of QCC can rally together for a phenomenal showing and get the team a cup before they rise up to become future SHL stars and win a Challenge Cup for their respective teams.
8/8

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Code:

Snake

TPE: 3

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

PBE Affiliate Link

TPE: 3

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 75! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

It seems that, in a surprising sweep, the Los Angeles Panthers have won the season 75 championship! While they were more than likely the favorites to win going into this matchup, I don't think many could have predicted that it would end in a sweep, and I gotta say that's probably my favorite part about this final. While the Wolfpack are to be commended for making it this far after having a pretty disastrous start to the season, watching a team take full control of a series like the Panthers did in this one was so impressive, and shows how much more coherent they were as a team. Congrats to them!

Word count: 111 words

TPE: 2

Grand total: 3+3+2 = 8 TPE

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer.
Costco  = verification word

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Merely a setback! (150 words min.)
As someone that isn’t the most knowledgeable about my SHL history I have a really hard time saying a team or franchises success will always be a given. Using a real life example would be New England in the NFL. That team, franchise, and players had a decade and a half of sustained success but father time eventually claimed them too. Football is more unique in the sense that having hall of fame individuals at key positions can carry a franchise quite a bit compared to other sports and New England certainly fell in that category. If we want to look at sustained success in a sim league I think there’s a few key factors that can translate over to extended that for quite some time. The first and most important is great leadership at the GM level and a motivated/involved war room. While I personally am not familiar with those aspects of Edmonton, Winnipeg, New England, or Philadelphia I believe that if any of these franchise have these then they’re already set up to be a great contender year in and year out. The other important part of sustained success in a simulation league would be bringing in great users. This is primarily done through the draft but can also be accomplished in free agency. If you only rely on one or the other it becomes difficult to create a sustained history of competing. Great drafts will cause sustained success but not necessarily push you over the edge. Rather than having a clear window you’ll continue to be a slightly over .500 team in my eyes. A great push in free agency allows you to expend your cap space (and potentially those draft picks) and hopefully cash in with a greater success rate when the playoffs come. Again, as a newer user I’m not familiar with which of these franchises tick the box there but that’s what I would be looking for. I personally think the Buffalo stampede will be in this category here soon, no bias.

330+ Words

PBE Affiliate
3 TPE for Affiliate Claim

9 Total TPE, 8 TPE Claimable
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 10:31 PM by takethehorizon. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

A intermission show is going to be tough mainly because they need to have time to resurface the ice between periods. Because of this fact and that we need to create a two bomb intermission shows, the only thing we're able to do is extend the time between intermissions. We'll extend to half a hour between periods giving a band/singer to perform 3 songs before the arena staff need to clear the stage and clean the ice. We'll start with 2 classic punk rock bands for each intermission since that is my favorite type of music. The 1st intermission will be green day and the 2nd will be blink182. This will blow people out of their seats and demand a huge viewing crowd for those at home. It will be quite difficult to follow this up for future seasons but perhaps we could change to popular genres to keep it fresh and fun.

Word Count: 154

Code:
11. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you?

My prediction is that Ireland once again finds the podium this season and bringing home a metal. They finished 13th in the league in the round robin but lost those 3 games by slim margins and provided solid scoring as well. Canada found themselves 9th in the round robin and we all know how easily they could find themselves bringing home the gold - so that gives me hope. As far as Beau Kavanagh goes, it's going to be a tough task for him to be able to allow his team to play on a high level and keep them in games and perhaps steal one or two. Excellent goaltending in this tournament is paramount to a successful run at the gold. Ireland will have their hands full but hopefully with some solid scoring, strong d and Kavanagh on the absolute top of his game, who knows? Ireland just may have a chance at finishing higher than people think.

Word Count: 158

Code:
12. Written, 2 TPE, Favor for a friend (100 words min.)
If you could take one or two of your SHL/SMJHL teammates on loan for next international tournament would you go for absolute best players, look at where your international team is most struggling or just take your friends to hang with you on the locker room. Who would you pick and why?

I think it would be completely wrong of me to not pick the best players to help my country/home win the gold. Baltimore has such a great team with amazing people it would indeed be hard to choose 2 players to play for the green and white. Ireland gave up 19 goals against in their first 4 games of the round robin so the focus will be on defense. Taking 6'4, 221lb Philip Fry would be the easiest answer. Big bodied dman who can play well on both sides of the puck. Also led the defense with 54 points this year. I would then pick his linemate, Bellamy Blake who's also just as strong on d and finished the regular season with 16 goals. That would for sure put Ireland in a much better place this year.

Word Count: 138

3 + 3 + 2 = 8 TPE

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

1) Trivia word: Quack

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]