Create Account

Re: SMJHL Early Contact

Classic Gabe

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Thank God he was fired. Sorry asked to step down. Dude can't do anything right.

03-30-2024, 12:06 PMWearingabear Wrote: Classic Gabe

Someone woke up on the funny side of the bed today huh...

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

03-30-2024, 12:12 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: Someone woke up on the funny side of the bed today huh...

Better than the fired side

Gnome Dab

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Let's use this as the discussion thread as well. Just to remind you all this was the punishment

SMJHL HO was made aware of early contact with a prospect in the upcoming SMJHL Entry Draft before said player was approved. This is a violation of SMJHL Rulebook 10.k.i. The following GMs will be fined $2M for the violation:

Gwdjohnson
retuperkele
sköldpaddor
Aleris
Seany148
Shiamus

As always, these GMs are able to appeal this decision to the appeals committee.

Feel free to discuss but make sure it's productive !

[Image: izzy.PNG]

I know I've brought this up to HO and I hope it continues to be discussed, but why do we still have this rule for draftees? When a new user excitedly jumps into the rookie discord server and chats up players and mentors (some of which are also GMs), it doesn't sit well with me that not all GMs are allowed to scout them immediately, especially when they create within a day or two of the draft. The fact that three separate teams made this mistake based on discord activity tells me there's a problem with the rule more than the GMs.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Wait I got fined?

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

03-30-2024, 12:25 PMAleris Wrote: Wait I got fined?
Sorry you had to find out this way pal, you owe me 2 milly

03-30-2024, 12:17 PMRAmenAmen Wrote: I know I've brought this up to HO and I hope it continues to be discussed, but why do we still have this rule for draftees? When a new user excitedly jumps into the rookie discord server and chats up players and mentors (some of which are also GMs), it doesn't sit well with me that not all GMs are allowed to scout them immediately, especially when they create within a day or two of the draft. The fact that three separate teams made this mistake based on discord activity tells me there's a problem with the rule more than the GMs.

Smjhl gms were not allowed to be mentors before S55ish as it was clear then it offered an advantage to those gms. This was prior to smjhl gms being in the rookie discord at all. This was never a set rule and around that time a mentor became a co gm and never stepped down.

Mentors should not be allowed to be smjhl gms and it should be a set rule in the SHL rulebook.

Careful guys, discourse about an announcement might alert the thought police to lock your thread.

Glory to HO

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Starting to think finn is flipping the switch on the websites internet on purpose to sweep this under the rug

03-30-2024, 12:36 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Smjhl gms were not allowed to be mentors before S55ish as it was clear then it offered an advantage to those gms. This was prior to smjhl gms being in the rookie discord at all. This was never a set rule and around that time a mentor became a co gm and never stepped down. 

Mentors should not be allowed to be smjhl gms and it should be a set rule in the SHL rulebook.

Especially if this is a thing

03-30-2024, 12:17 PMRAmenAmen Wrote: I know I've brought this up to HO and I hope it continues to be discussed, but why do we still have this rule for draftees? When a new user excitedly jumps into the rookie discord server and chats up players and mentors (some of which are also GMs), it doesn't sit well with me that not all GMs are allowed to scout them immediately, especially when they create within a day or two of the draft. The fact that three separate teams made this mistake based on discord activity tells me there's a problem with the rule more than the GMs.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Haha gabe fired let’s gooooo we win

Also locking the punishment was a poor decision. This isn’t some act of conduct detrimental to the league where someone clearly did/said something bad and talking or joking about it in the thread actually might be pointless. Punishments about rule violations like this one, there should be discussion allowed. Especially since now an actually good talking point was brought up about rookie mentors and J gming. Bad move on J HOs part

1. We've had the discussion about rookie mentors and J GMing before, and those of us who serve both roles are held to pretty high standards when it comes to the crossover. It has been discussed many, many times. I've always said I would be happy to step down as mentor if it became an issue, but it has been revisited ad nauseam and has never proven to be an actual issue. All of the J GMs get to be in the rookie servers as spies, so all of them can see when a new user joins the discord and gets excited. All of the J GMs get to see in multiple places when new players are approved. This was just a slip up of multiple people not realizing a player hadn't been approved yet.

2. I can't speak for the other teams but it wasn't even either of NBB's GMs who actually did the early contacting - was just somebody who happened to know the player who created, was new to the scouting team, and didn't realize they couldn't talk to them. It actually happened before I, the rookie mentor/J GM even realized that person had created at all, so I'm not sure how this has anything at all to do with me being both.

3. This thread is the reason SHL HO has just started issuing end of season fines to GMs and simmers without posting them on site. Anyone who needs to know is aware of it (budget, the GMs in question) and anybody who's just interested in memeing or making people feel worse about something than they already do doesn't even need to know in the first place.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Yeah I kinda agree with the sentiment on 2 parts

1. Locking punishment threads leads to just different posts of discussions, instead of having it be in the punishment thread. If people disagree with it, they will be vocal about it. Just let them be vocal in the actual thread. Locking it makes it feel like J HO is trying to avoid blame or trying to avoid something. Even if its not their intent

2. I agree with what Ramen says. Why can't gms talk to people who are pending? Especially before the draft? They all can see who is pending or not. It makes the players more interested in the league if they have Gms reaching out to them so soon. Unless you guys have data or testimonies that people dont like to be talked to immediately when they get signed up?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]