Create Account

S76 PT #4: Changing Stripes Due: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59 PM PST

Seeing as the one and only Ubba Lodbrok, former center for the Anchorage Armada of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, and current winger for the Philadelphia Forge of the Simulation Hockey League was born in Denmark, or what is today known as Denmark. He doesn't have a real true home in the IIHF, one would assume due to his Viking roots that him joining the Norway Team would have been the most obvious choice, however, his cousin married in a famous Finnish hockey family (it sounds like Salami), he ended up being influenced and coerced to join the Finnish team. Sweden would have been the next best guess, but he's not a big fan of the Swedish King and some of the things he talked about in his political speeches. So that knocks out the heavy hitters in Northern Europe. What team would he join though? He can tell you ones he wouldn't join, Ireland (he can't understand their version of "english"), Japan (too far away, very cool place to visit, but a bit too empirical for him), France (nobody likes the French, and the French don't like anyone, unless it's the Foreign Legion), Independent Russia (nah, he had a bad gas experience once and got beaten up by a babushka), America (no way, Jose), Canada (too many wasted yutes fam). So that leaves it to Latvia, Czechia, UK, Switzerland and Germany. Immediately crosses off Latvia, no care for the eastern bloc depression.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Written Option 1: If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

I want to preface this by saying I am not going to be leaving my beloved Switzerland. So all those GMs kooking for an indirect silent tamper keep scrolling. Ok, so Switzerland has disappeared and just for discussion reasons lets say it melted into the sea. Well this gives me a couple options really. 1) I could accept my new underwater life and attempt to try out for the Atlantis team or even team Dolphins. 2) I could relocate to outer space and join my little green friends that I coached to intergalactic fame from a few seasons back. This could also possibly open up new revenue streams with unconventional sponsors like O'Hare's Air. 3) I suppose I could also just give up hockey but lets be real that isn't happening. So if I have to come to a decision I am going to go with my intergalactic proteges because I think we will gel way better and I know how they play better than the dolphins. So there you go I'll be playing in space now.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

PBE affiliate: 
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=714926

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

PT Pass

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

So first option and for IIHF I have already done a full HoF worthy career with Team GB so I do not need to go back there and in this instance of leaving Switzerland is not that hard to do since they've never played me in the correct position not done really anything outside of WJC and even then they were ran mostly by an idiot.

So I would say probably Norway is my next destination. They've some of SHLs best users. Canada and the US seem boring since they've too much option it aint worth a small career. I wouldnt go to germany or sweden cause of users and just would find it boring to be on them so out of the remaining nations Norway stand alone as the best. The WJC would suck since theyre most likely linked with Sweden (This is assuming but since its based of close nations I reckon it is) so Norway just based off having the nicest people who get respect.

[171 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

If Lithuanian star Valerija Serapin  had to leave her IlHF home of Czechia, she has many options for international hockey. Germany would be the closest team to her and has a chance to start at right defender. Lativa is a also a option and have a cool red color but is super stacked on the right side defence. Switzerland is way to strong at her position to be a home. Finland is the closest team north and could have a position open up in a few seasons. Going to Russia would feel like a betrayal of her people, if doing that is even a possibility. That and she possibly owes the Russian mob some money. If she had to pick from the existing teams, Germany would have to be the choice. She could try to build a combined Baltic States squad and try to convince the IIHF to accept this very different team.

Anastasia Söderström is very attached to and proud of her Swedish identity and can't wait for the day when she'll be able to suit up for the national team and represent her country. If for some reason she couldn't represent the Tre Kronor, there'd certainly be some choices to make as to who she'd represent instead. She has a family connection to the Independent Russia team, but that same family connection is estranged from that homeland and thus she wouldn't be able to actually make the team. Given that, she'd probably end up playing for her future homeland in Canada. While she's only spent the training camp time in Calgary, the cold weather and outdoor opportunities make Ana feel right at home and remind her of growing up back in Sweden. Plenty of chances to hike, ski, play hockey, see nature, and other activities in Canada that would give her an affinity with playing for their national team if she somehow couldn't represent Sweden.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

If the Swedish nation folded in IIHF, Willow would have quite a difficult choice to make as to where she’d wind up playing. Logically, Great Britain would make some sense considering that one half of her parentage is from there, but she never grew up there and doesn’t hold any super close connection to the country. Odds are that Willow would wind up playing for Latvia in this extreme no Sweden scenario. The reason largely being is willow’s first friend on the hockey circuit growing up was someone named Evelina Nikolajeva. Both of them played on the same youth team while in Swedish junior leagues, and remain inseparable to this very date. With Willow spending lots of time on vacation in Latvia with Evelina and her family, she’s Latvian without actually being Latvian. The people there are wonderful, the flag is pretty dang cool, and the fans are passionate and energetic, whats not to love about it?

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Option 1:
If I had to change away from playing for Team Canada, that would be a tough choice. One would think I would pick the USA, as I live and play here now it would be a pretty easy transition. No way. Not ever. Growing up I cheered against them so much, there is no chance I could betray my true self and play for the enemy. So I would probably go with Switzerland. They are pretty neutral, a nice place to visit, and most importantly have the same colour scheme. The colours is what matters most, as I think I would be able to trick my brain into thinking it still is playing for Canada. Plus I hear the scenery is pretty outdoor like and beautiful like Canada as well. Overall should be a pretty nice transition. Can still ski, hike, relax, and have free healthcare. Plus aren't the Swiss some of the happiest people? Seems like they deserve good things and I could be a part of that. 170 words

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

If Noel wasn't playing for Czechia he would probably be playing for Canada or France. Originally he is French born and grew up there, but moved to Canada in his teens to play a higher level of hockey. When he was breaking into the league France did not have an IIHF squad at the time, so his top options were Canada (his adopted home) and Czechia, who he qualifies for via his grandmother being Czech. He opted to play for Czechia as he saw an much quicker and easier route to playing for them and also because the management showed a great interest in him and presented a well though out plan. However since playing his minor and junior hockey in Canada, as well as spending so many years in Winnipeg, he has spent a lot of time in Canada and now has his citizenship there, so Canada would probably be his next choice. Also, lore aside, I spend quite a bit of time in the Canada locker room already chatting in the #habitants channel with my habs pals there.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Boots's IIHF career has been interesting. They started with team Canada and didn't get much experience besides the juniors. They were still young and mostly unsuccessful during his time there. Later he was scouted by Austria and had an opportunity to join the Austrian team. Austria had a couple of good opportunities while he was there but again they never had the opportunity to truly succeed. Later, Austria was no longer an option as the organization had folded and suddenly France was getting all of their players. Boots had the opportunity to stay with his adopted teammates on France or to move elsewhere. In the end Boots decided to stay with France. While there though Boots once again found himself not finding success despite his best efforts. 
Now late in his career, if Boots was given the opportunity to switch he would likely end up back in Canada at his proper birthplace to play for his own country. Even without a win it would at least give him a chance and opportunity to represent Canada on the ice.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

A good referee in hockey should have similar principles to good referees/umpires in any sport. They should be impartial, well-versed in the rules of the game, and have an understanding of when a no-call is the "better" call if the rules do not effectively capture it. I think the impartial and well-versed components go without saying, although we regularly see referees in professional sports impacted by who the home team is, and not every referee has the wherewithal to make very obscure rules calls. I think the best example of a preferred no-call is obvious in soccer, when a referee can grant advantage and play-on with the option of carding a player later on if their offense is egregious, so as to avoid interrupting the natural flow of the game that may actually lead to a scoring opportunity.

To be clear, no 'storyline' or 'big vs small market' should ever play a role in a referee's decisions. It is common knowledge that, ultimately, sports are entertainment and intended to be money-makers for the owners of each franchise and those in high positions. But from an objective perspective it's absurd for a game to be decided by the size of a market. I mean, they already get by far the most media time of any other team, why should they also be rewarded for sub-par play in a big market?

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

If I had to leave Finland, I think I'd probably just go play for the United States. I frankly know none of the other players on the team personally, at least not off memory since I don't know who's even on the roster currently, but the decision is just more for external factors. For example, Cheeks Klapanen saw Kasperi Kapanen play in the NHL in the United States of America, so there's some affinity for the American nation. Cheeks also has taken time to vacation over to the United States and visit various cities such as Los Angeles, New York, Orlando and Miami, and also the state of Minnesota where some players organize off-season tournaments to participate in. He has love for the United States, and Canada has slowly started to grow on the young defenseman as well given that he's been playing for Calgary for a few seasons now. So United States first, and then Canada second.