Create Account

S76 PT #4: Changing Stripes Due: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59 PM PST

(Option 2)

So here's my big issue with refs these days; they keep calling penalties. What's the deal with that? Can you guys knock it off? I'm just trying to run around get silly and have a good time and they keep sending me to the box of shame every time I get a little too freaky out there. If it were up to me, there wouldn't be any more penalties. The refs should just be there to call goals that's all they're good for. If somebody on the other team has the puck, I want to trip them and then punch them so that they stop having the puck and think twice about getting it again. The refs frown upon this behavior, and thus I frown upon them. Why are we putting people in the box for fighting? Here's my suggestion, if a player wins a fight, they get to have an extra skater out for 2 minutes. Make it a 6 on 5 for a bit, make the fights matter.

Graphic Option: Draw your player accidentally bulldozing a ref or otherwise ruining his day (in or out of the game). It’s the official’s fault for being in the wrong spot, obviously.
[Image: q8ChNRi.png]

Xavier Beausoleil
Raptors
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

So let me start this by saying, refereeing in any sport is a difficult job, and hockey might just be the hardest. Not only do you have to keep track of the twelve players on the ice, as well as a tiny disk of vulcanized rubber that's flying through the air, sometimes at over a hundred miles per hour, but you also have to do all this things on skates and oftentimes right in the middle of the play. I have tremendous respect for the capabilities required of referees to do what they do and only mess it up half the time, compared to all the time. I mean, just simple things like firing the puck down the boards, or a play in the face off circle could go wrong if a referee isn't paying attention or is too slow on the draw. All of that said, referees do not call a 100% fair game. Some teams get penalized more, whether that's because of reputation or politicking. Or calls are missed or called as make ups to earlier mistakes. Hard to say if a 100% fair, call it every time league would be even fun to watch, though. Sometimes you've got to let the players play.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Quote:Written Option 2: What makes a good referee in hockey? How do you think the refs in our league do? Do you think you could improve officiating in this or any other hockey league by making any specific changes? If so, what?

In real life, a good referee is consistent with their calls whether they be a strict or lenient one. The players need to know what to expect when playing the game for their own safety and a ref who can be trusted to make the same calls for both teams are the best. Another aspect is communication. A referee needs to be willing to communicate with players and coaches as to their reasoning on not making a call or for when they do make one. There should never be a situation where the team is confused as to why a penalty occurred and the referee refuses to elaborate.

Maybe the most important aspect of being a good referee in todays game is the ability to not gamble on the games. We know there are ones out there doing it. It's too easy not to now. Check their phones!!!!

As to the refs in the SHL? Same as every league. Blind talentless trash!

Gottem.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=715825 -PBE Affiliate

[Image: dc24.png]

If Billy Herrington found himself in the unexpected scenario of having to switch IIHF nations today, he would undoubtedly choose Japan as his new hockey home. With his deep connection to Japanese culture and his history of living and playing hockey in Japan, it's a natural choice for him. Billy's affinity for Japan runs deep, stemming from his time living and playing hockey there. He has formed strong bonds with players from the Japanese hockey community and has a profound appreciation for the country's culture and traditions. Additionally, the opportunity to represent Japan on the international stage would hold special significance for Billy, allowing him to honor his experiences and contributions to Japanese hockey. While some may prioritize factors like team colors or player relationships when choosing a new IIHF nation, for Billy, the decision is grounded in his personal history and emotional connection to Japan. Representing Japan would not only be a point of pride for him but also a way to continue his journey within the Japanese hockey community.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Written Option 2: 

Love 'em or hate 'em, you have to respect the jobs referees and officials do in sport. Maybe you disagree with that statement, but they hardly warrant all the grief they get. It's easy for the fans at home or in the crowd to make the call, especially in this day and age with countless angles and replays available to us.

We've already implemented the use of instant replay in the form of goal reviews and offside challenges. Why not have a third official overseeing the game from the crowd or a higher vantage point? I'm sure it would be argued it would slow the game down, but in the events where there is an egregious call that has been missed by one of the on-ice officials, the "eye in the sky" could signal down to the ice for the game to be stopped and have a play reviewed. 

Code:
Word count: 165

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

If I had to leave my IIHF nation due to a reason, possibly communism, I would choose to move to Switzerland. I obviously would move to Switzerland partly because their colors are cool and also because by-tor is a fed head and a player on that team. I’ve always thought that I’ve looked good in white and red. I know that the USA is red white and blue but out of those three colors white and red really make my eyes sparkle. It is always been a dream of mine to play with by-tor as he is my mentor and my Zaddy. I’ll get to play with him soon on Winnipeg, but if I had the chance to play with him right now, you bet you’re sweet bottom dollar I would take it. I’ve also heard good things about their chocolate. I would hope to get a partnership with a Switzerland chocolate company, and have my face all over semi sweet chocolate. I’m sweet, chocolate is sweet, we are both attractive to the ladies. 

Words- 174

Whalers       Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers  
[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: cJ0kyj1.jpeg]
 Whalers       Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers  

Prompt 1

For the record, M’Baku Olubori likes playing for Sweden. Several of his agent-turned-GM’s other clients play there, he has a good working relationship with longtime coach Gunnar Soderberg-Tremblay, and the team has been successful. That being said, he would drop Team Sweden in a second if his dream of a Pan-African IIHF team was established (better yet, Team Nigeria). Before anyone knew or cared about the SHL veteran, Baku was shouting from the rooftops, badgering any reporter he could find, demanding an African IIHF team. Citing the successes of Emeka Valentine-Okoli and Ren-Ekelemchi Shimizu-Okoli in the SHL and international play, Baku wanted to represent his country. In his time outside of professional hockey, he spends his time and money building the game of hockey in Nigeria, and has seen some successes (however limited they are). He plays for his people, and wants to show up on a bigger stage. While some players would shy away from controversy (especially the violently racist language he faces every time the Platoon play against New England), Baku leans into it and would relish more stupidity from fans if he could ever get a team of people who look like him in international play.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2024, 09:16 PM by jacobcarson877. Edited 1 time in total.)

No, I'm not leaving Latvia. Yes there are some other options I suppose. I would in this hypothetical universe give Switzerland, Germany, Canada and Ireland a call. Switzerland is cool because I've gotten lots of photographic insight into it from an old teammate who loves to share disgustingly beautiful sights with us, as I stare into my suburban nightmare every day. Germany is a more developed up-and-coming hockey nation, and I do love their colours. Underdogs with style. I am a Canadian myself, and I always consider repping the home colours, but then again everyone else is also Canadian, so no fun crushing everyone every season. Finally Ireland. I'm always a fan of Ireland because they represent anti-colonialism, a beautiful landscape with rich history and culture. Really everything Canada wishes it could be in today's sense anyways. Always thinking about packing up and shipping off to Ireland, finding a nice cottage or something.

Option 2: Kristians Mikelis is Latvian through and through. When I first created him, I actually picked the IIHF nation before even coming up with a name. I used a random number generator and then when it landed on Latvia, I used a random name generator and set it to produce Latvian names. I don't regret this choice one bit, as Latvia has been a fun team to play for so far in JRs. However, If I could go back and choose a nation myself, I would probably choose Czechia. Latvia already has some very solid defensemen and ill likely have to wait a little longer to take a spot in the top 6 defensemen. Czechia, However, was looking for some young defensemen around the time I was creating. Going there would have definitely given me more time in the spotlight. Not to mention, it also seems like Troy knows what he's doing when it comes to running a nation. Overall, I'm happy with my decision and would do it again in a heartbeat, but next create I will definitely explore all of the options more closely.

[Image: mikelis.jpg?ex=660c1ce5&is=65f9a7e5&hm=c...4a38cd630&]
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2024, 09:39 AM by Moe7171. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 2
It takes getting calls right and not missing calls to be a good ref. A lot of refs these days get a bad reputation with how bad they do. Tons of those refs miss way to many calls and make too many bad calls. I think the refs do pretty well in this league with getting their job done well and right. They don't make that many bad calls and don't miss many. I don't think we should make any changes to the refs or the rules. They do pretty darn good as it is now and I don't see a reason to change things until they need to be. I'm sure in a while refs will start to lose their consistency and changes will be needed. Unfortunately all good things eventually come to an end. Even good refs and rules will come to an end.

OPTION 1

This would be a tough choice, I have received the call from a number of Nations when I was developing asking if I would leave Canada to join them. Each one had valid reasons to join and they all had great people to interact with, making this choice even more difficult. Independent Russia Hockey Federation were the first to reach out to myself so they get some bonus points there. But being Canadian there is a bit of bad blood with Russia and hockey, so going there was out of the question.

I think if I had to choose another Nation it would have been Czechia. They came after me hard with multiple suitors trying to lure me there over multiple seasons, and I almost pulled the trigger on a few occasions before getting locked into Canada. A lot of people I respect and like asked me time and again, so I know I would have enjoyed their locker room. The biggest reason I was thinking of it was to help Artermis achieve his dream and help Czechia get the gold medal he desperately wants to ser before he retires from the league. It's funny in that way, the reason I almost jumped came from a guy who wasn't pushing me to join but had such a honest and pure goal it tempted me and would be the reason if I had to switch Nations.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

WRITTEN OPTION 2

I feel as if I am something of a local expert on this subject, one could say this prompt was made for me as a referee of like 13 years. What makes a good official is a few different things, but every good official I've worked with over the years has had one common denominator: they can think their way through a game. Obviously the good ones try and be consistent and make the right calls, but we're human and there's no possible way to be perfect. There's plenty of ways you can be deceived by players and by your eyes or by the speed of the game. But the ones that can think their way through a game are the best. What I mean by that is that they call the penalties that should be called: changes of possession, dangerous plays, denial of scoring opportunities, but don't get bogged down in the weeds by calling ticky-tack shit and having a penalty sheet that's got 20 on each side.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Option 1
If Kristian Seppanen, the maximum earning right defensemen of the Atlanta Inferno hockey team of the Eastern Conference of the Simulation Hockey League and team Finland in the International Ice Hockey Federation had to change teams, he would switch to team Canada, because his agent, MrPresident, is from Canada and because he played for the Yukon Malamutes of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League for four seasons, becoming a Hall of Fame defenceman for the team in the process. Therefore, Kristian Seppanen, the upcoming star right defenceman, has a connection to Canada, however he chooses to proudly wear team Finland's colours with pride, given he has several medals for team Finland (and team NORDEN) in the World Junior Championship over his four season career for the team. Kristian Seppanen also seeks to have a Hall of Fame career, with Hall of Fame level play at the SMJHL level, WJC level, IIHF level, and SHL level - and therefore would theoretically be open to playing for whatever federation gives him the best shot at success long-term.