Create Account

S76 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP Deadline: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59pm PST

I will be surprise if Mia Lavoie don't get it for this season.

She have the most points in the league by far (15 pts) and also the most goals by 8. She's second in assists by only 1 so offensive wise, she was the best player on the ice last season.
She was on a line with her brother Edouard Lavoie who was second in points, 10th for goals and first for the assists.
The last member of their trio was Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean, friend of the other two. Big name for a big fella, he still got 85 points, good for the 7th rank.

Mia Lavoie was also good defensively since she's 4th in the Plus/Minus category with +49, the only one of her trio in the top 10.

She also didn't rely exclusively on the powerplay to get her goals since she's not even in the top 10 for power play goals. That shows that she was able to be productive at 5vs5 so she deserve the Ideen Fallah.

My mvp candidates would have to go to two whalers for how hard they went during the season and how they kept the whalers in many games throughout the season. To start off it would have to be NoNo Jo. Jo lead the team in points getting 66 points. Grabbing 33 goals and assists throughout the season. Having the best shooting percentage on the team. Jo was trying their best to will the team to score more and win games to get better placements in the playoffs. Being on the first line and being on the first powerplay, Jo's who goal was to score for the Whalers. To either score the goal or set his teammates up to put the puck in the back of the net. My other whaler to be a mvp candidate would have to be Masked Stranger. Having played 52 games and still having a .904 save percentage. Trying their best to be a brick wall for the whalers. Literally standing on his head to make the whalers win games. Either of these whalers should win mvp this season.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

These are the three people I think I should win the Ideen Fallah Trophy. I think someone on great falls first line deserves the MVP award. Polkim and Gibbles has been carrying our team all season and they are some of the league leaders in points. Without them we would probably be one of the worst teams in the league. and I expect them to have a great playoffs so it should be one of them who won it. And also
Inge Baardsen leads the league in hits, and as we all know, hockey is about bashing each other real good and maybe scoring goals if possible. Frankly I don't need to see any more, this dude hits a lot of people so they're obviously an all time GOAT. And these are three people I think should win the Ideen Fallah trophy, they contributed a lot to there teams.

[Image: img]

There are so many ways to look at league MVP and and there are so many reasons I stay away from any awards committee type things. One of the easiest ways to look at it is offense, and Mia Lavoie is the clear leader in this regard. The Maine Timber right wing is sitting at 113 points last season, which is a whole 15 points higher than the next player. They have a league leading 53 goals which is 8 more than the next highest player Froya Solberg. Finally they are second in assists only behind their spouse? Family member?(Idk ill have to ask HFFO) Edouard Lavoie. I think these feats alone give a player a very strong claim to the MVP crown. Although Edouard Lavoie and Froya Solberg have both been extremely good players in their own respects. Having such a massive impact for MET might make it hard for people to avoid Mia Lavoie.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

While one could delude themselves that the MVP race is competitive, to our agency it seems quite forward this year. Mia Lavoie of the Main Timber seems to be the runaway favorite of the MVP race. She has 113 points in 66 games and finished as a +49 in fewer than 20 minutes per game. Most impressive of her performance was the fact that the majority of the points were at even strength and very few points came on the power play.

Edouard Lavoie would be the secondary candidate, however he is 15 points behind Mia and likely playing on the same or similar lines. Meaning that he likely has the majority of his minutes tied to Mia but performs worse. Froya Solberg would be the other main candidate, however Froya is 20 points behind Mia, again meaning that Forya will be behind Mia. As a whole, it seems to be a foregone MVP for Mia Lavoie.

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

The MVP in my eyes is definitely DethePyro. My reasoning for that is quite obvious, especially to the other folk that are members of the St. Louis scare crows discord server. The Most Vocal Player award is obviously and award dedicated to the most vocal player as the award states, and if you are a member of my discord server in saint Louis you know Pyro is by far the most vocal person in that area. I’d have to say a close second in the MVP award is definitely My co gm Jay and Crazytomato in a close third because this last week or so my sports channel in the saint Louis server was filled with hundreds of messages of those three constantly going after each other whenever their respective hockey teams would play each other followed by some solid ribbing between the three whenever their respective teams would lose.

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2024, 11:53 PM by pauadrian. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE PT

EDIT: I think I fucked up, but just in case I'll leave it up lmao

[Image: lZacrUG.png]