Create Account

Thank Y(U)kon
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2024, 10:15 AM by Jexter. Edited 1 time in total.)

Malamutes Malamutes Malamutes Malamutes

As the S76 SMJHL season ends for Yukon, team captain Langston Hardison-Laurent will be departing for the only slightly more southern fields of Winnipeg.

The forward from Florida leaves the Dogs after being amongst their highest scorers over the past 3 seasons, finishing second in career goals on the team as well as third in points and eighth in assists. LHL is also the most decorated Yukon player ever with a plethora of team awards and a near sweep of league awards in S74.

After being drafted 55th overall in the SMJHL entry draft, LHL had a decent season, but nothing of terrible note. That was apparently enough for Winnipeg to trade into the first round for a second pick to grab him at 17th overall. Seemingly inspired by being a first round pick, LHL would have a career best year in S74, having taken over first line duties from Theodore Svatos. LHL had a minor regression in performance the following season and a stacked team fell short of expectations. While the Malamutes under his captaincy suffered their worst season in years, they were able to rally for an impressive stand against the highly rated Newfoundland Berserkers.

“I accomplished more than I ever thought I would at Yukon and met some amazing people.” The new junior graduate said in a quick interview with us. “I am excited for what the next seasons will bring as I once again will be a rookie and out of my comfort zone.”

When asked about his Hawaiian shirts, Langston said that he still wears them and has also started having margaritas before games since he turned 21. This may be what caused such a sharp decline in performance this past season…

Jexter talking here for real: I would like to thank the General Manager Fluw and Assistant General Manager BadWolf for drafting me. When I kept falling in the rounds, I got a little scared that I had messed up somehow and done something to make a very bad player or come off as a jerk in interviews. I probably am a jerk, but at least I got a great home for four wonderful seasons.

To the Yukon locker room and staff (HFFO, Furious Chicken, Fuba, MrPresident, Eggcracker, and so many more that were there when I joined): it was a little intimidating joining a league that had been going for 72 seasons and multiple years before I even heard about it, but you all made me feel so welcome that I could have fun and feel like I could chat with anyone.

To my wonderful teammates, past and present: Thank you all for being a great source of fun and happiness for the past few seasons. It was a pleasure to get to know you and meme around in our various chats. When I was made Captain, I can honestly say I would never have seen that coming, especially when I first joined the league, but it was an absolute honor.

Just one last quick shoutout to all the mentors and friendly faces I encountered when I first joined. I am so glad I followed a sketchy reddit link a few months ago.

Till next time SMJHL! (You’re not rid of me yet though. HO lurking)

WC: 543

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

Time to claw our way into the shl

:lobster:

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Good luck in the SHL.

Can't believe you were taken 55th overall in the smjhl draft. What a steal.

[Image: Leonard-Wood-1.jpg?ex=65e9fdaf&is=65d788...3d17ea60e&]