Create Account

Poll: If Winnipeg was a pizza... wat type of pizza would it be?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 Cheese
70.00%
7 70.00%
Pineapple
20.00%
2 20.00%
Spinach and Onion
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Catching up with Winnipeg [2x Team Spotlight]
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2024, 10:42 AM by AuggieO. Edited 4 times in total. Edit Reason: I made way too many typos oops )

Let’s take a look into Winnipeg's stats this season. They are currently number eight out of the 20 teams after all 66 games played for this season 76. They are boasting 36 wins with 3 OT losses. With a goal differential of +33 they should be proud of how they did this season.
Mikko Rashford is on the leading charts at number 8 with 60 assists, Christian Kinsinger and Jay O’Neil are number 4 and 5 Defensemen with 17 and 16 goals, respectively. A little friendly competition is good for a team! Kinsinger and O’Neil are also back to back with 51 points each ranking 6 and 7 on that chart. The one and only Marcel Beck is a cool number 9 with 47 Plus Minus.

Leading the team with 40 goals this season is Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson who can also claim an ATOI of over 22 minutes this season. A bold 96 points to his name this season as well. This is his 12th straight year on WPG and he seems to be making it count! His first season on the team he got a cute 3 goals! He has grown much since then, even getting 60 goals in just season 71 alone. Can he come back next season and beat that? I’m sure the Winnipeg fans would love to see it!

Mr Rhett “Shaggy” Carpet is having a strong season, with 57 games played and an outstanding 3272 minutes played throughout those games. Just 2 overtime losses and 20 regular game losses, Shaggy has 32 wins under his belt this season. 

Something not often talked about is players ratings, one of my favorite to check… is checking. Grogu Mandosson, Ben Jammin, Jay O’Neil and Johnny FourStar all have an impressive rating of 18 in checking.

As far as the whole team's stats, Winnipeg has 264 goals for, 231 goals against, 37.77 Shots for and 35.59 Shots against. They have a pretty good power play of 26% and also a pretty good penalty kill of 75.8%. Their fans do hope that their faceoff win of 49% will improve for next season.
Winnipeg has some pretty strong and seasoned players- can they hold onto being one of the best teams a little longer before entering a building phase? Only time will tell.

That about sums up everything that I have to say about Winnipeg today. Thanks for coming to read  my little article and thanks in advance for agreeing with everything I said!

AuggieO out.

Words- 417 (per google docs)

Whalers       Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers  
[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: cJ0kyj1.jpeg]
 Whalers       Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers  

100% pineapple.

No. Pork.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

i voted pineapple because that is my favorite and i love wpg

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

05-14-2024, 10:42 AMsköldpaddor Wrote: i voted pineapple because that is my favorite and i love wpg

wpg <3 s you

[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: cJ0kyj1.jpeg]

Cheese all day

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

05-14-2024, 11:16 AMJexter Wrote: Cheese all day
I agree with this

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

Cheese is the right answer and gimme that GOAT LEG

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Yes, I like cheese.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]