Create Account

S50 PT #1 - Season 50 Anniversary Gala

You see, Tommy Tuck was seated with mostly just Edmonton Blizzard greats for the Season 50 Anniversary Gala. You get to see the great Tor Tuck with Tommy, along with Teddy Cuddles, Tony Pepperoni, Brady McIntyre, and hell, even the 3rd bastard Tuck showed up, Gilmore Tuttle. All in all, the group was together and kicking ass. It’s always a great time when all of Edmonton gets together, especially after winning the trophy in Season 49. The Food was not really rememberable, but you know what was? The alcohol. My God, after about an hour into this gala, Tommy Tuck could not remember anything else. Tor Tuck kept getting him to keep going, and hey, why the hell not. It’s hard to control a big man like Tommy Tuck when that many drinks are flowing continually throughout the night repeatedly. Good ol’ Tommy Tuck, and the Tuck Brothers really did own the night.

(153 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Code:
B: What are you doing throughout the night? Who are you seated with? What's going on at your table throughout the night's events? How's the food and drink?

Well I of course will be arriving to the festivities about 20 minutes late as per usual. I wish it was to be fashionably late but it is honestly hard to just find pants that fit my fat gut anymore at my older age. It happens. So I will be seated with my New Orleans teammates for most of the night, that is when I am not raiding the nearest food table to help stretch these pants to no limits the designer thought would even be possible when he made them, but alas here we are. The table I am sure has been a blast (heh) with Smyth there and maybe a little slow for Jimmy to keep up at all times physically but he is getting there. To be honest I have not paid attention much as some of the SHL vets and old friends like Esa Anrikkanen have showed up and he is eyes the buffet table as hungrily as he did every award in his career and I'll be damned if I let him eat me out of a good dinner. The food was of course delicious, whatever I could get before Esa got his hands all over it all.

@Steelhead77

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

PBE PT

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

A: Many of the notable retired players from SHL lore are in attendance at the event. What legend from the SHL past are you seeking out at the event and what will you talk about with them? Describe who you're looking for and how you go about meeting them.

One of the players I, Goku Muerto, am most excited to meet at the SHL Season 50 Hall of Fame Extravaganza is my fellow countryman, Hall of Famer Wyatt Wollker from Iceland. Wollker is the best player to ever come out of iceland, but since his retirement after S42 he has been notably absent from public life. Growing up, my uncle Riko was the General Manager of the Manhattan Rage, and Wyatt was one of the all-stars from that era who helped bring 2 Challenge Cups to the Big Apple. And so when I get a chance to talk with him, it is very exciting since I was recently signed to Manhattan myself so we talk about some great places to eat and visit in the city. We can also talk about things back home in Iceland, the fun of playing for Norway in the IIHF, and of course, can talk about his role in Game of Thrones now that it is over and he doesn't have to worry about spoilers! This man is a hero for most kids who watch and play hockey throughout the Nordic countries, and to follow in his footsteps is a real thrill and I only hope my career is as impressive as his was!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Code:
A: Many of the notable retired players from SHL lore are in attendance at the event. What legend from the SHL past are you seeking out at the event and what will you talk about with them? Describe who you're looking for and how you go about meeting them.

As a young defensemen, the former SHL legend I'm going to seek out to chat with is Chris Partlow. Partlow is a legendary defender, a Hall of Famer and has done everything you want to do in the SHL. I would try and pick his brain about what he would to continue to develop his skills to not only be a top defender, but THE top defender in the SHL. How he developed his offensive skills, his defensive skills, all with the goal of one day being able to sniff his jockstrap. Thankfully, Partlow wasn't hard to find. The Texas Renegades in the S10s were notorious for being big partiers and they never really lost that attitude. I was easily able to find Partlow hanging with other Texas and SHL legends at the open bar, pounding back Smirnoff Ices because when you're an SHL legend no one will judge you for what you drink. Thankfully, he bought me an Ice because my GMs are cheap and won't pay me real money. We sat all night talking the intricacies of the game and I feel like I came out a much better player.

Code:
192 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:What are you doing throughout the night? Who are you seated with? What's going on at your table throughout the night's events? How's the food and drink?

Chances are I'm partaking in some craft beers while seated in a corner area next to some of my good friends like @GoonerBear @StamkosFan and @39alaska39 while I surf Instragram for bad jokes and memes. I hate large social gatherings and would much rather be at home playing Path of Exile, Overwatch, or Planetside Arena with my group of gaming buddies on my new gaming PC (provided it shows up because I forgot to order expedited shipping #FirstWorldProblems). I'll waste the night away not doing much and sneaking out at the first opportunity.

Quote:As the night turns into morning and the drinks have been flowing, things start to get a bit unruly. Describe what's happening by the end of the night, once the older folks have gone home and the true party animals are in charge.

I have no idea what happened late that eveneing as I left at the first chance I had and ended up partaking in several matches of Planetside Arena, winning most, not thanks to my drunk ass, with my squad before passing out well before 1am. I woke up refreshed and without a hangover thanks to hydrating throughout the evening and goign to sleep at a relatively decent time and I don't envy the youngins that think they are immortal. Just wait ya bastards!

The one player I want to see is Ben Dover. He was one of the best offensive defensemen to have ever played in the SHL. He was the best to score from the blueline and he was just an awesome person off the ice too.

If I ever get the chance to talk with him, I would like to know more about him and how he was able to become a superstar. I want to become like him one day.

I spent the night with my boys Bobby Sharp, Nicolaj Muller and Monkey D Luffy. We are homies since we have been drafted to Buffalo. During the night, we kiss and make sweet boy love in bed Wink. During the day we go shopping at Forever 21 and H&M for cute tops and skirts like the little girls we are :flushed: :flushed: :shhh:. Oh wait we are talking about the awards show…

So basically at the awards show we grab a couple cold ones and watch as shl legends walk on stage to accept their hardware. During the show, Aleister Cain comes over and takes his shirt off to show his masculine prowess but it doesn’t get to us for we are too strong to succumb to his feminine musk. We tell him, “O siren, please return from whence you came,” and then he crawls back into his hole in the ground. While the MVP award was being announced, none other than Buffalo’s Poopity Scoop runs onstage and grabs the microphone to announce that he should be the one winning the award and not Johannes Leitner from the Wolfpack. Then he proceeds to go on a half-hour rant about why Kanye’s new album Jesus is King will never be released like Ye’s last anticipated album Yeezus which was set to be released on September 28, 2018. With this out of the way and the awards show reaching a conclusion, Luffy, Sharp, Muller and I walk out of the building in awe of the events that happened that night.

@esilverm @TnlAstatine @Nerio @SlashACM @Baelor Swift

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Quote:B: What are you doing throughout the night? Who are you seated with? What's going on at your table throughout the night's events? How's the food and drink?

Still new to the league, Ryan Shepard is seated with some of his teammates from the Knights. Although coming from Alberta, where the drinking age is 18, this group of Knights is seated at a 'kids' table due to being under 21. Shepard is seated between Andrey Barbashev and Gylfi Eriksson and also at the table are Kalevolaripaavo Käspertommevisnapuu, Raquel Castillo Gutierrez, Prince Devitt and Simon LeBlanc. Through the event is light chatter about how our off seasons have been, and poking fun at Gylfi for his questionable choice of a second hand suit. The dinner the SHL has prepared is amazing. A full on banquet with turkey and pot roast as the mains, excellent mashed potatoes and gravy, and perfectly cooked and seasoned vegetables. Part way through the night, my new Syndicate teammate, Jules Watt comes by and starts sneaking my table drinks. As the night goes on our quiet and polite table starts to become rowdy and have a great time together.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Code:
B: What are you doing throughout the night? Who are you seated with? What's going on at your table throughout the night's events? How's the food and drink?

I'm sharing a table with Buffalo Boys Monkey D. Luffy, Nicolaj Muller, and draftee Satoshi Zizagooney. Muller is freaking out still about his rookie season, so Zizagooney being the bro that he is slips a few things that will help him relax. Once Muller is probably chill, we can all sit back and enjoy the evening. Luffy snuck in a bottle of Absinthe that he somehow got home from a trip to Switzerland (no idea why he was there, he does weird stuff in the off season), and we played a drinking game for the rest of the night with it, where we took a shot any time we heard someone say any of the following in their speeches:

Generational Talent
Adding an "ie"/"y" to the end of someone's first or last name (e.g. Jonesie, Sharpie, Mikey)
50 years of ___
Mike Izzy
Dynasty
Rink rat
Bench clearing brawl
Tough as nails
Brick Wall

I don't remember anything that happened after the first couple of hours.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

After arriving at the event in my finest all blue tuxedo, I was pleased to notice several of my former mentors were present. I got a chance to have a brief talk with a couple of former defensive partners like Steelhawks legends Ben Dover and Finn Kruger as well as Vijanupatan Singh, all of whom helped me break into the league. I was seated at a table mostly full of teammates, such as Robert Phelps and Oliver Konig, as well as a few rivals such as Cedric Robinson and Hippo Passamus, my draft-mates from back in Detroit. There was a full course spread of food on the table, including roast beef, chicken, and entire jar of mayonnaise for Gabriel Johnson to eat for himself. As the elder statesman of the franchise, Phelps had to make a speech and did well with it. The open bar had everything we could have asked for, which is why we asked exclusively for tequila. I woke up in my Airbnb the next morning still wearing a tuxedo, except it was black and not blue. Still not sure what happened.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

C.
As the night turns into morning, Slip McScruff becomes the werewolf party animal that he hides during the day and no amount of Silver Bullet Coors can take him down. First comes the hunt. Every shrimp cocktail in the room or even on the block disappears within the hour. Second comes the ritual. The DJ MUST play a specific sequence of five "bangers" so he can bust out the three dance moves he learned in a class once. Last comes the slumber. Wherever is most convenient becomes home.

88 Words

D.
Through some clerical error, Slip McScruff was invited up on stage to make a speech. It was only upon reaching the podium that Slip realized the small detail that he had not prepared a speech. Fortunately, he had just finished his monthly Lord of the Rings binge so he had some gems to pick from. His flubbed rendition of Aragorn at the Black Gate fell mostly flat, so he rounded off with a simple "I'd like to thank my parents and my coaches for everything they've done for me in my career, and I'd like to thank the SHL for this honor" even though there was no honor to be had here.

112 Words

200 Words Total.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

165 words

*sustained roaring applause...*
"Thank you! Thank you, yall are far too kind. Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure and a true honour to have been privileged with given the opportunity of giving this speech on what is the eve of the fiftieth annual Simulation Hockey League season. On this golden anniversary we must look back on all those who have come before us. All of those players, GMs, updaters, graders, etc who have made this grassroots movement possible. From the ground up, we are all indebted to this leagues' forefathers-- some of whom still stand among us here today. *pause for applause*
Creatio ex nihilo. The SHL came from nothing, but now certainly exists as something many gain pleasure from; and this feat is no insignificant victory. Now as we skate in to the future--dwarfs standing on the shoulders of giants--we shall pledge to build on this communally-owned legacy. For it is together we stand and it is together we prevail!"

Code:
D: You are one of the honored few asked to make a speech at the event. They give you total freedom in what you talk about - a moment in SHL history, a vision for the future of the league, anything you want. Give us an excerpt of your speech.
The future will be interesting to see. I can see the league growing to 30 teams like the NHL, to be as big as the league that all of us watch. I want us to get bigger and better by the time the next 50 years have gone by. 100 seasons into the future, I want the most competitive league in the world. We can continue to draw the brightest and most skilled players in the game, and I hope we can grow to a thousand active players. Why not dream big? Anything is possible, so I don’t see why we shouldn’t shoot for the stars.

hi

It was a great honor to be in attendance for the Season 50 Anniversary Gala. I chose to go as my former player Esa Anrikkanen and was invited to sit at many tables, seems that a lot of people want to eat with me. My assigned table was with some of the all-time Calgary Dragons greats during my era, guys like Kari Barkov, Hunter Wong, Randy Randleman, Michael Boychuk, Sachimo Zoidberg, Kriss Labsvards, Nicholas Pedersen, Schnitinfritz Jagr and Alex Mack. It was great to see the big 5 Dragons who won 5 cups together as teammates and reminisce about old times and championship runs. We chatted it up for a while as a group at the table, ate our meals and then branched out to schmooze with the other legends of the game. I got to catch up with some other legends from the S20's in Ivo Willems, Willie Weber, Vidrik Onoprienko, Jason Aittokallio and Chris McZehrl to name a few, was good to see them. I even ran into Magus Jakobsen who is an old time player that I went head to head with in my first year in juniors, we talked about old times and had some laughs. The food was great, our table had chicken parm, obviously and the drinks were pretty stiff for a gala event. Everyone got pretty liquored up and it was a great time for those in attendance.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

This was Henrik Lekberg Ostermans first real SHL event so being there with so many of the players he has looked up to was quite the experience. To say that he was starstruck would be the understatement of the century. Since he's played with Bo Kane and he knew Knute Knurtsson from Colorado as well as the Swedish National team, he was seated with those two in particular for most of the evening. Lekberg Osterman is a small down guy, having grown up in a small village in rural Sweden so the last season has been quite the rollercoaster. From being drafted to the juniors, to having a breakout rookie season, to being drafted 3rd overall in one of the deepest SHL drafts in recent memory... There's been a lot of change in his life. This even really was just frosting on the cake and its just a small taste of what life is like as a star in the SHL. The only thing he could really think about during the entire event was how badly he wanted to be the one walking up to the stage to accept one of the awards. Only time will tell if Lekberg Osterman will ever reach that level of play but this night was a great source of inspiration for him.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]