Create Account

SHL LEGACY TOURNAMENT S51 YOUNG GUNS ROSTER ANNOUNCEMENT
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2019, 11:13 AM by SlashACM.)

NOTE: It has been brought to my attention that the site sends out a lovely ping every time I update previous announcements with links to the new one, so I will no longer be doing that. Instead you can click on the announcement link to be brought to a hub with all of the rosters that you can then navigate. Sorry for the inconvenience and for the many pings (especially you Eagles out there)

(1830 words, ready for grading)

Legacy Tournament Announcement- http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=98768

Legacy Tournament Update- http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=99749

S50 has just finished and the most exciting draft class in this tournament has arrived. The s51 young guns are undrafted, unproven, and ready to fuck up your mock drafts. These guys are chock full of first gen and recreate talent and you could make a case for a lot of these guys to be 1oa. Maybe seeing them sim here will affect their draft stock. Likely not.

The Roster

Kaarlo Kekkonen Falcons finished his rookie season on the top line of the Falcons, though he didn’t put up point totals like his linemates did. Still, this is valuable experience he is gaining playing with the big boys and I’d expect soon enough he has a breakout 40+ pt season. I can’t see him being drafted in the first couple of rounds though, not sure why. @dankoa

Julien Villeneuve raiders ended the season on the second line, big minutes for a rookie. Not amazing point totals but you’d expect that to change soon. I think he is likely a late first rounder, early second rounder. @adamantium

Kenny Creller Falcons was playing second line minutes for the Falcons, but didn’t put up amazing pt totals. Hopefully he finds himself on the first line soon, but I’d expect him to be picked up in the second round of the s51 draft. @Mook

Stracimir Petrovic Whalers was stuck on the third line, where most rookies find themselves. They still put up 19 pts though and i’d expect them to fall to the second round, but probably not deep into it. @"atlashunter"

Indigo Trevino raiders got some big minutes for the Raiders but it seems they were not ready for it, with a point total that doesn’t catch the eye but a negative plus-minus that does. I think Trevino can work on his game over the summer and become a better player, but it will take time and training to do so. I think Trevino is also a second rounder. @Carbine

Ruslan Zaporozhets Scarecrows ended up on the second line for the Crows, and performed decently there as well. 27 pts isn’t too shabby at all when you are new to professional hockey, and Zaporozhets should find himself in the early to mid first round. @CptSquall

Mitchell van der Heijden Armada is a statistical anomaly in the SMJHL, being relegated to the third line C position but still exploding offensively for 28 pts. This shows true skill in the making and before long I think Mitch will be a leading scorer in the juniors. He has top ten pick written all over him. @bluesfan55

John Forfeit Outlaws was a second liner for the Outlaws but didn’t have nearly the year that his dutch draftmate did, only racking up 15 pts. He has time to grow into a scoring role but for now I’d project him in the late first round. @Shmurph

Stan Hanson Armada only had 8 pts on the third line of the Boat gang BUT he had a positive plus-minus which is always a good sign. He shows good decision making and I see a star 2 way forward blooming in Anchorage. Likely falls to the second round but could be a steal for the team that scoops him up. @LairdButler

Henrik Lundqvist Jr. Raptors unfortunately found himself on the fourth line, not somewhere you want to be if you want to have a breakout season. It’s ok though, as the Raptors are a deep team and he will help them contend for a Four Star cup as soon as this season. He’ll likely go in the mid to late second round. @FreakinAnime

Al Kayhall raiders was a third liner with 15 pts which isn’t too bad at all. They still need to work on their defensive game and turnovers but that’s learned with time. Kayhall could be a nice second round pickup for some lucky team. @mxman991

Danila Zhernov Knights had a decent season for the Knights, finding themselves in the top 4 of the Kelowna defense. 13 pts isn’t too bad as a defenseman, and Zhernov outscored quite a few forwards in their class. Zhernov should be a first round pick, though late at that. @iOBESE

Abel Skinner raiders shows true promise as the Raiders trusted them with top pairing minutes at such a young age. With 20+ pts, Skinner is looking mighty fine out there and I dare say they’ll be a top ten pick. @"kc philip"

Luciano Vessot Knights had a great season for the Knights, anchoring the top pairing and putting up great numbers. Though some news about their personal life might affect their draft class, just looking at their production they should be a top 5 pick for sure. @NJBadApple

Alex Petrenko Outlaws had an explosive year on the Outlaws. 33 pts as a defenseman, they led rookie scoring and if I were teams in the top 3 of the draft I would be seriously considering giving Petrenko a shot on their roster. @traphag

Elizabeth Doyle Scarecrows took a majority of starts for the Crows but things didn’t turn out great for the team, and a down defensive year lead to some bad breaks for Doyle. Scoring was up this year, and so Doyle’s stats aren’t the greatest, but I would still look at Doyle’s poise and confidence and consider them in the first round of the draft, top ten if you need a goalie in a couple of seasons. @Evok

Luca Del Vecchio Knights started a whopping 44 games for the Knights, a heavy workload for a rookie. He still won 20 of them which is very solid and Del Vecchio will give GMs a headache as they try to decide between Doyle and Del Vecchio. It’ll be a tough choice for sure as I see Luca going in the first round as well. @Zoone16

Alternate Captain 2

Alexander Wachter Kraken got a tough break being on the defending champions, as they were able to roll 3 lines with even ice time, and Wachter was on the fourth. I wouldn’t worry though, as his teammates get abducted to the SHL he will have time and ice available to show off his skills. Though the pts don’t predict it, I see a top ten pick here in Wachter. @MP7

Alternate Captain 1

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. Whalers had a very decent year for the Whalers, rounding out their top pairing and scoring 20 pts as well. While there is a lot to work on with their game, there is a lot of upside and I could easily see them going top 5 to a team that wants to bolster their defense with a great prospect. @soulja

Captain

Nicholas Owens Outlaws also had a decent rookie season, finding themselves on D pair numero uno for Anaheim and scoring a solid 20. Similar to Ibrahimovic, they are a bit of a project but one that pays off as they already show a lot of poise and class at a young age. Captain material for this team, I think they are likely a top 5 pick as well. @Grum

Now that all the players have been announced, the roster is as follows:

Abel Skinner
Al Kayhall
Alex Petrenko
Alexander Wachter (A)
Danila Zhernov
Elizabeth Doyle
Henrik Lundqvist Jr.
Indigo Trevino
John Forfeit
Julien Villeneuve
Kaarlo Kekkonen
Kenny Creller
Luca Del Vecchio
Luciano Vessot
Mitchell van der Heijden
Nicholas Owens ©
Ruslan Zaporozhets
Stan Hanson
Stracimir Petrovic
Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. (A)

Line Speculation-
Line 1-
Kekkonen-Villeneuve-Wachter

I think Wachter will do well with top line ice, and hopefully Kekkonen and Villeneuve can put something together and be the go-to guys on this Young Guns team. Wachter nearly hit 10 goals which is not bad at all, so he will look to finish the plays that his linemates set up.

Line 2-
Creller-Petrovic-Trevino

This is a boom or bust line as these players can seem a little shaky at times. They will have to tighten up their defensive play a lot, but Trevino could be a nice goal scorer and Creller and Petrovic are capable of making some nice plays. It will be interesting to see if this line clicks.

Line 3-
Zaporozhets-van der Heijden-Forfeit

This will be an interesting line as well as Zaporozhets and van der Heijden are very offensively talented. It is up to Forfeit to decide if he wants a defensive checking role or an offensive run-and-gun role with this line. Zaporozhets is a great goal scorer as is van der Heijden, so this line has a lot of threats and tools at their disposal.

Line 4-
Hanson-Lundqvist-Kayhall

This line will likely be tasked with shutting down the opponents, and Hanson and Lundqvist are already pretty acclimated to this role. Kayhall will have to learn on the fly but if they do then this line could be a solid defensive line for the young guns.

Defense Pairing 1-
Owens-Ibrahimovic

This has the makings of a solid 2way pair. Capable of chipping in on offense but also holding back the pressure of the other team, these guys could be a pretty good pairing for this team.

Defense Pairing 2-
Zhernov-Skinner

Skinner is another player who can chip in offensively, while Zhernov plays more of a stay-at-home game. They could build chemistry and use cues to know when to pinch and when to hold back, and these guys could dominate some play.

Defense Pairing 3-
Vessot-Petrenko

Just showing how deep this team is, this is a very talented third line. They could easily be the top pairing if circumstances were different, but the team is happy to have them anchor down and shut down the opponent’s top players. If these guys click, they’ll be deadly.

Starter-
Doyle
Backup-
Del Vecchio

This is the biggest question mark on this team. Both are capable of starting, both had poor numbers, but that’s expected as rookie goalies. But this tournament is a different beast. Fielding a team of rookies in front of them, they will take on the best that the SHL has to offer. 90% of these players are SHL battle-hardened and looking to score some easy ones on a couple of goalies that haven’t even been drafted yet. It’s a good thing they brought helmets, because it's time to stand on their heads.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you stay tuned for more announcements regarding the SHL LEGACY TOURNAMENT.

Eagles
Mustangs
Cyclones
Sharks
Fury
Pirates
Demons
Greyhounds
Astros
Regiment
Covenant
Young Guns

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

this is nice i approve
thanks for the kind words

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Best draft class .-.

I agree, the nice words make me feel better as well

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Well this is pretty cool

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

2nd round is fair for Trevino. Would be pleasantly surprised to go in the 1st but I fully expect a 2nd round selection.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]