Create Account

Rework or remove PBP
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 05:05 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

11-20-2019, 04:32 PMStamkosFan Wrote:
11-20-2019, 04:25 PMNoble Wrote: Why remove it though? If you don't like the PBP's, don't read them. Wait for the result to be posted. I know personally, watching my team go up 3-0 in the finals and then lose it after through 7 play by plays was the most fun, team bonding experience I've ever had and I lost lmao. Play by plays are an opportunity for people to discuss an individual game and it enhances the user experience tremendously. On the note of the lottery and random TPE, it kinda just sucks to draw the short end of the stick. I've gotten 3 play by plays in my 25 seasons in the league, and that's totally chill with me. If you're concerned other people are earning 8 more TPE than you on a random happenstance, suggest ways for users to earn equivalent TPE by engagement in a PBP thread, similar to how PGS operates. In the same regard, we don't see people complain when they get lucky and snag a PBP. It's chance, that's the single most fair way to award them.

Take it with a grain of salt, not trying to beef anyone out but defending a part of the site I find really cool and engaging.
Just cause you mentioned PGS. As the Post Game Show head, I would be totally ok with having PGS be available to a lesser degree to everyone not just rookies Smile The 8 TPE could be gotten through that

God please no, doing PGS once was one of the most tedious things I've done on this site yet. I appreciate getting the TPE, but it was a slog to complete all the PGS

Quick edit, I don't want to sound ungrateful to the people who do put in effort for them, I think they are fantastic at giving insight to the creativity available on the site in a new and unique way. However, it was personally draining to complete all of the PGS just for TPE

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

I thought the PBPs for the J were pretty good this season. I know the Kraken enjoyed them

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

I do think we need to make further changes to how we do PbP’s, if we even continue doing them, but right now we have a whole lot on our plate with figuring out how to move forward with the sim engine. So.. I wouldn’t expect much on this front any time soon.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

11-20-2019, 05:36 PMcpetrella Wrote: I thought the PBPs for the J were pretty good this season. I know the Kraken enjoyed them
Has there ever been a time when the winning team didn’t enjoy the PbP’s? Not really a fair sample when you only consider the team that won lol

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

I like them and the tpe. They're pretty cool

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

11-20-2019, 05:39 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: I do think we need to make further changes to how we do PbP’s, if we even continue doing them, but right now we have a whole lot on our plate with figuring out how to move forward with the sim engine. So.. I wouldn’t expect much on this front any time soon.

Yeah my timing for posting was probably really poor considering there is league altering issues going on.

Falcons Canada

11-20-2019, 05:40 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-20-2019, 05:36 PMcpetrella Wrote: I thought the PBPs for the J were pretty good this season. I know the Kraken enjoyed them
Has there ever been a time when the winning team didn’t enjoy the PbP’s? Not really a fair sample when you only consider the team that won lol
I mean, that’s a fair point but if a PBP is good then its good. One of my best memories from this league is a PBP where my team lost a 7 game series that we choked away, losing the last game in Triple OT. We lost and it sucked but it was fun as hell. PBP’s are extremely flawed but if theyre done well I think they can be a lot of fun win or lose

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

11-20-2019, 04:44 PMNONAME Wrote:
11-20-2019, 04:25 PMNoble Wrote: Why remove it though? If you don't like the PBP's, don't read them. Wait for the result to be posted. I know personally, watching my team go up 3-0 in the finals and then lose it after through 7 play by plays was the most fun, team bonding experience I've ever had and I lost lmao. Play by plays are an opportunity for people to discuss an individual game and it enhances the user experience tremendously. On the note of the lottery and random TPE, it kinda just sucks to draw the short end of the stick. I've gotten 3 play by plays in my 25 seasons in the league, and that's totally chill with me. If you're concerned other people are earning 8 more TPE than you on a random happenstance, suggest ways for users to earn equivalent TPE by engagement in a PBP thread, similar to how PGS operates. In the same regard, we don't see people complain when they get lucky and snag a PBP. It's chance, that's the single most fair way to award them.

Take it with a grain of salt, not trying to beef anyone out but defending a part of the site I find really cool and engaging.

That's the thing though, when PBP's are done correctly they could be an enjoyable thing for the league but the current state it isn't. I couldn't read PBP's with my team to get hyped up, I already knew the outcomes of every game. The whole point of PBP is lost to GM's/Co-GM's which trickles down to the entire team.

Like I first said, the concept is awesome and I definitely see how/why it can be an exciting feature, however, the current state of it doesn't work.

If the results of a PBP are reaching the rest of your team prior to the finale of the game due to trickle down effect, that speaks to your managements ethics (not taking a shot at anyone idek what teams you're on). We got reverse swept and JSS never said a thing

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

tbh i never read pbps because refreshing a billion times is boring.

we should add in more tpe lotteries though like 1 every week and then we could add random regression lotteries and random injury lotteries that take you out for a sim and then random sponsorship lotteries that give you some money.

tl;dr : more lotteries

ps: add SHL equivalents to the KHL, AHL, and NCAA

11-20-2019, 07:30 PMefiug Wrote: tbh i never read pbps because refreshing a billion times is boring.

we should add in more tpe lotteries though like 1 every week and then we could add random regression lotteries and random injury lotteries that take you out for a sim and then random sponsorship lotteries that give you some money.

tl;dr : more lotteries

ps: add SHL equivalents to the KHL, AHL, and NCAA

to populate the new leagues we could have randomly generated player lotteries, and we could replace contracts with randomly generated contract lotteries. and maybe we could make all media payouts for a season go into a media lottery and then we choose one winner who gets all the media lottery money and we decide odds based on how many words each person has submitted and then yeah.

Biggest Issue with PBP's is that when someone says to rework them they never provide any suggestions on how ideas, how to go about that, and the final result

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Run PbPs through @ArGarBarGar NHL 2004 sim, watch the sim live(post verification word or some sort of checkin) and get 2 TPE, post in game thread, get 2 TPE. For a max of 8 TPE. Everyone can earn the 8 TPE, or either by watching the stream or by posting in a thread during a set period of time, like 2 hours from announced stream start time. Or you can not do it and get 0, you do you boo

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

PBPs should be $$$ only imo

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

11-20-2019, 04:32 PMStamkosFan Wrote: Just cause you mentioned PGS. As the Post Game Show head, I would be totally ok with having PGS be available to a lesser degree to everyone not just rookies Smile The 8 TPE could be gotten through that

HE SAID IT. Colorado LR can confirm this is something I've begged for. I LOVED doing PGS (because it's literally right in my wheelhouse of writing). I know a lot of people hate 'em, but i love 'em and would happily do as many as they'd let me.

@39alaska39 @Esso2264 @Sleepy @StadiumGambler can confirm

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

11-20-2019, 11:25 PMhhh81 Wrote:
11-20-2019, 04:32 PMStamkosFan Wrote: Just cause you mentioned PGS. As the Post Game Show head, I would be totally ok with having PGS be available to a lesser degree to everyone not just rookies Smile The 8 TPE could be gotten through that

HE SAID IT. Colorado LR can confirm this is something I've begged for. I LOVED doing PGS (because it's literally right in my wheelhouse of writing). I know a lot of people hate 'em, but i love 'em and would happily do as many as they'd let me.

@39alaska39 @Esso2264 @Sleepy @StadiumGambler can confirm
Can confirm

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52