Create Account

S51 PT #1 - The Delay

Kenny Creller is aware of the lockout, but is he worried? No. Creller plans on playing in the SMJHL where things make sense and there are no politics, only hockey. Already with a handful of preseason games under his belt, Creller appears to be one of the more dominant players on the Falcons roster, and in the SMJHL as a whole. Unfortunately his Panthers teammates are stuck sitting around, so they have held multiple NHL20 tournaments to pass the time. Creller has been on the ice with his big league teammates to get used to the environment he will be playing in when he gets called up, but this season, it's all about making the SMJHL his bitch. The little bit of extra downtime has allowed Creller to get some extra hours in the gym and really make sure he is at the top of his game for this season, keeping pace with the top players from the S50 draft, his goal is to outperform them all on the leaderboards

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Phineas had a very strange lockout time period. He and Michael Fitted went out and looked for many different options in order to keep their opportunities open and their abilities honed. After much intensive search, the two of them stumbled into the open season of baseball and decided that they would try out for the fun of it. Much to both of their surprise, the Public Baseball League accepted them into their ranks and now Phineas and Michael Fitted are finding themselves doubling their time by both practicing hockey and baseball in the same day.
So far neither of their teams has seen them miss a beat and therefore no one has complained, but these two tryhards are doing everything they can in order to be an asset for both leagues. Only time will tell to see if there will be any repercussions, or if these two members will take their two-a-days training and join other greats that have managed this feat.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Simmer claim

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 06:46 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: ZkmwJel.jpg]

A lockout is a dangerous time for an older player as Skill and drive can turn against you if your not careful...Coming off my 3rd cup, 8th Jeff Dar Nomination and playoff MVP award, Mike Izzy still has some gas left in the tank... which is why i have spent much of my free time at my #GYM-IZZY fitness centres located all across western Canada. Ive worked to hard to allow a lock out to dictate how i move into the twilight of my career.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

It is unfortunate that Ibra Jr., had to experience a lockout right after being drafted to the big leagues. But he turned this into a positive outcome as he continued to work on his game. Ibra jr.'s perspective on this lockout is that it is reasonable given the fact that a serious loophole was found to optimize performance levels. If everyone used it, all sorts of records would have been broken and the game would have become one dimensional. At the same time, there is no fault in Hamilton for exploiting this loophole in my opinion. It is not against the rules and as a result, they did what they could to ensure the best possible outcome. During the lockout period, Zlatan decided to go back to Sweden to train with his dad. He worked on his skating and puck handling to become more fluid on the pack as a defenseman. Imagine someone with his size and the ability to move the puck well. It only means trouble for the opposition as they will have a hard time getting the puck away from him and at the same time he can use his size to shield everyone. Zlatan also continues to play a gritty game so he should watch out on those penalty minutes. Aside from that, there is no anticipation yet from him as he is going to use the time to build a strong game.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Mitchell van der Heijden was not pleased with the lockout. “I just want to play hockey,” he said. “Why the hell did we choose now to have a lockout? I just want to play with my friends in Anchorage and win a Four Star. Just sitting and waiting makes me stir-crazy.” So, in anticipation, he just practiced. A lot. “Oh, I spent a lot of time on the ice at the practice facility in Anchorage. I just did a lot of stick handling, shooting, the sort. It was hard to focus on my defensive game, but if other teammates were there, I did that. I’m ready for the season.” When not on the ice honing his skills, Mitchell unwound by playing video games. “I played a lot of SHL51 when not practicing, mainly as Anchorage. I’m unhappy with my rating. I went from a 59 as a rookie to a 62. I scored 28 points as a rookie last year and was on a great team that should’ve made the finals. At least give me a 65!” It’s safe to say that the young naturalized Swiss center is ready for the season.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

A long needed vacation for Kenji Yoshimura all thanks to the league. Spending so many seasons in North America the depth player decided to head home to Japan. I booked the trip as soon as the delay was announced and was on a plane within 2 hours with just a go bag and boarded LAX quite early in the morning and would decide to rest and go for a long much overdue sleep as he couldn't sleep the night before. So after a long 13 hours from airport to airport getting picked up by my brother at the airport and we headed for the parents house. Once arrived would have a home cooked meal from mom as there is nothing quite like a home cooked meal. Spending time and telling stories of America as not always on the phone with the folks spent the day there.

From there, head over to downtown and act like a tourist to see if anyone knows who I am. Pretty much go undercover except oddly enough the only people who recognize me are white people from the States as I take a picture with them. Continue on and explore the world of downtown Tokyo and spending some time going around a meet a beautiful young woman and we just head out and have a fun spontaneous date as she takes me around town and spend a few days together exploring all that Japan has to offer. It felt good heading home for a much needed vacation and we are just chilling waiting until the team calls and asks me to report back.

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 11:25 AM by Alex Mack.)

[Image: PT1-delay.jpg]

I walked the entire city with my dog "Johnson" he was wearing a sign letting people know I am once again a dragon. He was a huge hit with the ladies, they would come up and say can I pet your dog and I would say you can pet my Johnson. It was a great way to spend time with my dog waiting for the season to start and advertising that I am back on the Calgary Dragons.

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

Cain is coming off of a hard earned gold medal victory, and instead of training he has mostly spent the week or two since the big match relaxing and hanging with friends in New Orleans. He spent a bit of time back in Chicago with his family but has not seen much ice since winning the medal. He has decided that training and stressing about the upcoming season won't do much good, and he is better off relaxing and taking the edge off from a difficult season 50.

Spending time with his friend Williams is always a treat and they both have been celebrating this gold medal with lots of video game nights and late night hangouts. Teddy Cuddles also flew up to Chicago to visit Cain and celebrate and the summer has been pretty enjoyable since the win, much more enjoyable than the playoffs where New Orleans was swept.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Honestly, I think people are blowing this whole lock-out thing a bit out of proportion, at least for me the wait didn't feel that long and my team didn't even make it very far in the playoffs. Maybe it's because we have gotten used to shorter and more efficient off-seasons because way back in the past, the break between seasons seemed to be as long as this one pretty much every year, lock-out or not. Still, I think the lock-out was actually a good opportunity to take a little breather, take a step back and re-assess some things that we have come to take for granted or as normal over the years. Maybe it will lead to some healthy changes not just regarding the sim engine, but also regarding other rules and habits that seem to be set in stone when they don't have to be. It's good to question yourself and the things you take for granted once in a while, and maybe the league has done just that during this prolonged off-season.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 11:52 AM by BadWolf.)

I got so bored during the "lockout" that I ended up playing for a beer league. Well its better than a beer league, but no one got paid. Many other players joined me in this pursuit as the owner of this league is the one and only Mr. Gibbles himself. @SpartanGibbles Of course this league was called the Shits and Gibbles league. I play for team Shits, and we are pretty good for a misfit team made up of nothing but gms and ho members. Some of my Nola teammates even joined me on Team Shits. This escapade league got me through a dark time when I thought there would be no hockey for a whole WEEK! This league gave me time to work on the finer things, like a new wrister I plan on breaking out this season. I had plenty of time and was able to sharpen my skills (and my skates) and prepare for the great season ahead.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

James Ronlain spent a lot of his time during the extended offseason training and hoping that we would soon get back to being able to play hockey. He was quite annoyed that we ended up having to delay getting the season started, but ultimately was thankful as this gave him extra time to train and prepare to light up the league in the coming season. All things considered, Ronlain is happy with the way that HO decided to handle the situation and the quick solution as to not delay the season too much was a great move on their part. While the solution that HO ultimately decided on isn't perfect, it's (hopefully) only temporary and we'll be able to find a better, more permanent solution to ensure the longevity and success of the league in the future to come. But, in the event that we cannot find a permanent solution... well the GOMHL and VHL are both looking pretty nice. Ronlain might just make the jump to a different league.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

PBE PT

What did the Steelhawks do during the SHL lockout? Well we decided to work on our game a bit. No we didn’t really focus on checking or shooting as much as some other teams or players, but instead we worked on our passing game. It is kind of embarrassing for a team at the SHL level to be as bad at passing as we were coming into the year. Basically not a single guy on the ice could even make a tape to tape pass which is not a good look for a team. We basically were going to head into the year and take 1000 shots a game from where ever we picked up the puck but now, at least some of us can pass at an acceptable level which is great for the team. We are hoping that this new found ability to pass helps us move forward into the year and make some moves. No rest for the Steelhawks this lockout.

Man, what a boring time to be a hockey player. While a bunch of pencil pushers at the league were trying to figure out what to do about some dumb team trying to cheat the system, the rest of us were left holding our sticks and and our pucks wondering when we were going to get back to work. Barrett Blackwood was never very good at dealing with idle hands, as he was always working while growing up on the farm in Minnesota. With all that down time, he had to find some way to stay occupied, and so he started building model ships. You know, like the ones you see in the glass bottles? It turns out that building them is just as difficult as it seems it would be. He spent hours meticulously sorting through pieces so small that the only way to hold them was with a tiny pair of tweezers. Thankfully, shortly after completing that first ship, he got a call from the Edmonton Blizzard front office telling him that his rookie season was going to be a go after all. Words can't possibly describe how happy he was to hear those words. No more model ships for him, no sirree.

Code:
205 words

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars