Create Account

S51 PT #1 - The Delay

If anything, Ricky Spanish really needed this lockout. It seems like his rookie season in the SHL just flew by. Mix that in with no postseason appearance and a lackluster international campaign, and Ricky Spanish really felt burnt out on hockey. So, with the extra time off RICKY Spanish decided to go off the grid. Spanish along with friends from junior hockey, went out into the Alberta wilderness to fish and live off the land. I was a very relaxing experience not having a phone, not worrying about media or Twitter, and just taking time to clear his head. Ricky found new enlightenment while he was away. He was able to focus on himself and what he wants out of this season. Overall, Ricky feels confident in what he may be able to offer this season. Hopefully he can make a turn and start to make a difference in the SHL this season.

153 words

A delay of hockey has definitely shown itself across the league as a whole, but it was Joln's job to get better in this time of trouble: he needed to get stronger, faster, and figure out how to get penalty minutes. That's right, he needed... GRIT. Sure, he's shown himself to be a worthy adversary in fights and spent enough time in the penalty box to now consider it a second home, but he needed more, and he got it. First, he managed to get in touch with SHL grit legend Turd Ferguson and began work on getting him in shape for a scrap. Then, he began a rocky-style montage, showing him going to different team practice rinks around the SHL and picking fights with entire teams. While it was an endurance battle at the beginning, Ferguson continued to support DuBolk, giving him classic lessons on grit, such as how to block uppercuts effectively and how to hit a man in the nads the proper way.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

This offseason has been rough for Perry. The rough regular season was the catalyst to send him into a deep downwards spiral in an inescapable pit of despair. A pit full of anger, alcohol, and an obscene amount of pancakes. But can you blame him? Pancakes make everything better. I'm pretty sure one day he spent an entire 6 hours attempting to make the world's biggest pancake. On a home stove. His intentions were honest but he was more than likely completely off his tits. He ate a lot of pancakes that day though and I respect that. I wish I had that many pancakes. Hmm I'm going to go and make some pancakes. Anyway. Perry. He also spent some time playing football (soccer) with his old mates, from way back when. Reconnecting with them did him so good. He's going to need the extra few months from the lockout to get ice ready for the new season again though.

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

During the delay, Corey Kennedy was dealing with some friends and family stuff. When he finally got over to the states, he found out that the league had been temporarily suspended. This was not a good time for him, but he went over to his buddy Lallos house to try and figure out what to do. There he found out about this "other" tournament going on. It was being hosted by some of his friends and managers in the league. They were calling it the Shits and Giggles league. A few of his Chicago, former Anaheim, and Irish teammates were all playing so he decided that this would also be a good way to kill some time while the league was suspended.

The Shits and Giggles league was done via a 2 man drafting system. The draft happened and Corey Kennedy fell hard. He was selected as one of the last defense men on the board. This was okay though, because once the tournament go going, he was able to shine. He ended up being one of the top point getting defense men and helped to take Team Shits to victory. He is hoping that this will help transition into what should be a good season in Chicago. If he can keep up the pace he had during the Shits and Giggles league, then all would be better this year.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Slip McScruff didn't really notice the lockout. He told the team that he was busy working on his passing but he really bought World of Warcraft on a Black Friday sale and spent the whole lockout locked in his apartment with a steady supply of pizza. On the morning after the first all nighter, the sun had been a major pain in the ass, so he duct taped cardboard over his windows to block the light. He lost all sense of day and night, stretching the hours with the constant drip of coffee and online gaming guides. Eventually, they sent someone by to deliver the news about the league opening back up and Slip had to have a personal crash training camp to get back into ice worthy shape.

On a side note, the locker room seemed confused when he said he was going to work on passing drills. Apparently everyone was trying their hardest to regress on their passing skills for the coming season. They'll look real silly when he's out there dishing biscuits and they only have shooting in their toolbox. How can shooting every shot be the best strategy?

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

[Image: tzkHtry.png]

Disisde Dayudie has just been sitting around waiting, he has been ready for a while now and for every day that goes he loses a little bit of confidence. Right now he is contemplating LIFE and what to do with it if the season doesn't start soon.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Daniel Smeb didn't think much of the lockout as it wasn't really even that long and is he was enjoying the little time off he had after an exhausting IIHF tourney where he had to carry his useless Smeb brothers into the medal round for the 1st time in team Japan's history as the tourney leader in points. Unfortunately their run ended in a heartbreaking loss in OT to eventual champs in team USA. After this Daniel learned that apparently he had been playing the game of hockey wrong his entire career and should just be shooting the puck every time he touches it. This was a bit disheartening for Daniel as compared to the other parts of his game his shot was probably the weakest, but it was still better than the rest of his brothers and most of the league, but that wasn't good enough for Daniel so he spent the rest of the lockout working on his shot in order to be prepared for the season.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

The lockout was pretty boring. There was drama like there is every off-season but nothing too awful. I just spend my time practicing and training. I made a little money on the side, hopefully I get paid for that unless there's a media grader lockout too.

My views? Our broke ass sim was finally exposed and it's time to find something new. That creates anxiety in certain circles but we need to move on, that's a fact. I'm curious to see what that looks like.

As for training, I worked on my shooting and positioning. Strength and endurance are in my future but I think I need to keep up or improve my productivity from my rookie season first. I have five good seasons to get better before regression creeps up. It'll be here sooner than I realize.

The whole season feels weird though. Like this feels like a transitional season. I don't think Texas is going anywhere but we have high hopes for the future.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Chico Smeb was loving the lockout because it happened right during the time of moving into his first house. He recently purchased a big house in Owen sound Ontario (yes quite far from Calgary) , but he wanted to be close to his family.

He spent the entire lockout packing, shopping on Black Friday for amazing deals on things for his house , and hanging out with family and friends. Although his move hasn’t happened yet , he got a lot of preparation done. Unfortunately he’ll have to take the game off on Saturday to complete the move, which sucks because he’s off to an amazing start to the season already putting up 4 points in 3 games. Definitely on lave for a strong Norris season this year along with teammate bj ken x

Chico is hoping for more of these lockouts because he’s quite lazy and enjoys not doing any work and not falling behind other players in tpe

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Naturally, Anastasia trained hard during the lockout, got her weight up, kept her punches strong... But can you blame her for taking a break? Living so close to the beaches and so many fun things to do, the Barracudas have great opportunities to relax and get their minds off hockey...

So the baby Cudas took a Disney trip! Anastasia and her teammates, including Jøln DuBølk, Olivier Cloutier, Gunnar Soderberg, and Matt Kholin, packed up and made the hour-long drive to Disney, where they were able to get in touch with their inner children again. The advantage of being a hockey player is that money can get you great things - by buying the FastPass, the squad was able to ride all the rides that they had always dreamed of. Growing up, they didn't get many breaks like this, so they were thrilled to just kick back and act like idiots. Of course, being surrounded by children, they were recognized a few times. But isn't that part of the fun? They were more than happy to take pictures with kids, sporting their Disney ears just like everyone else and eating nothing but the best of Mickey Mouse shaped cuisine. And at night? The crew kicked back for some adult fun at Epcot, taking the drinking tour around until certain unnamed team members had to be dragged back to the hotel from how drunk they were. All in good fun!

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

I believe that the lockout has honestly gotten my player out of shape. It's tough to keep interested during such a bleak time, and there really was no motivation to lift my ass off the couch and hit the gym or the ice during the lockout. Hell, I barely even lifted a cheek to get food. I became great friends with my local Uber Eats drivers and the Papa Johns delivery guys. It even got to a point where if I didn't place my order by 6pm each night, they would call me worried that something had happened. My hockey gear sat in the corner of my apartment just collecting dust. When I got the call that the season would be starting finally, I went and picked up my stick. It felt foreign in my hands, like I had never held a hockey stick before. Hopefully I'll be able to hit the ice soon and get back into mid-season form shortly.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

While the SHL was locked out, Barret McCarthy had plenty of time to fly to his country of representation in Czechia and was able to compete in the CEHL. The league was setup during the lock-out of the SHL and rookies, veterans and beyond took part in the league for fun, and the fans ate it up. At the end of the day, McCarthy and the Lynx sadly fell short in the end but made the finals with a dominating performance in the regular season as well. Once the CEHL concluded, McCarthy spent some time at home, playing a lot of Apex Legends on PC. Him and teammates Vent, Doskočil, and Rage prospect Gold spent a lot of time honing their skills at the game. They are FAR from being competetive at Apex, but even a bad match is entertaining and a good match is just the best feeling. And we even won a few, amazingly! @ImShiny @Citizen of Adraa @Z0REM

Usually, I'm pretty excited by a little extra time. I could get together with Rainbow Dash, get involved in team work outs and develop a little chemistry.

Except, this time ended up a little different. Just past the start of the lockout, we had some bad news come around. My grandfather was heading to the emergency room because of blood in his urine. It was terrifying.

We rushed home, all of us, to spend some time with him while awaiting results. We're still waiting, as follow up is definitely needed. They found something, just not sure what yet, around his kidney. It was a humbling moment, going into one of my last sort of "prime" seasons and hit with some big setbacks while the league had a delay going on as well. My father and I both were involved, him on the management side in general manager meetings and me being a part of the player's association.

It was tough to leave, but we had a job to do and had to go. We'll get more info later this week. We'll see where it goes from there. It really put things in perspective. It doesn't matter how many goals you score, they won't stop life from continuing around you.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Hello here from me, Monkey D. Luffy, one of the elite skaters here at the shl and welcome to my ted talk. During the lockout all the luffmaster did was finally see his friends and got to lay low for a bit. In every athletes career they have to make a decision on when to rise and grind. A great athlete knows when they need the rest and relaxation and when they need to hit the gym day in and day out, so luff did what he does best. Maxed and relaxed as the situation was being sorted out by the higher ups. We now find ourselves at the start of the season and the relaxation has paid off in dividends, as luffy for the first time in his young career finds himself as a point per game pace. Here's hoping to reach that 60 point mark and hopefully start his bid to be a hall of fame player.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

(187 words)

During the lockout that delayed the start of season 51, Zacha spent most of the time off training with his Czech brothers after the main IIHF tournament and the World Junior Championships. He worked on plenty of things over the extended offseason, but he says he's proud of his puck handling and overall strength while handling the puck.

"I feel sturdier and quicker on my feet with the puck now," he said to reporters. "Although it is unfortunate that the season had to be delayed, I feel like this extra time off definitely helped me get stronger and I'm hoping I can bring all these new skills over to Vancouver once I return."

After the training sessions, he returned to Vancouver to talk with his teammates and GMs about what to do with his SHL club, the Toronto North Stars. It was revealed that Zacha would be staying down with the Whalers for his fourth and final SMJHL season before being called up to Toronto. Hopefully the inclusion of one of the team's veterans mixed with the new rookies brought in can lead Vancouver to another championship.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3