Create Account

What worries you about switching to FHM?

11-28-2019, 03:59 PMTomen Wrote:
11-28-2019, 09:41 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I sure would like to see this testing-discussion outsourced into a separate thread then because it is a crucial discussion to have imho.

It's important that we base this decision on a robust set of data and to be completely honest, these examples have me somewhat worried. We've been told that extensive testing has been done but then the main example that was shown to prove how broken this is turns out to just be a singular 50 game sim with things normalizing a lot more in a larger 800-game sample. Still inflated I would argue, but not nearly as gamebreaking as we were led to believe with that 50-game screenshot. Now I don't wanna accuse anyone of doing this on purpose, but it shows that there are many different options but also pitfalls when it comes to testing and analyzing the data. I don't think you can conclude from that 800-game sample that STHS is broken beyond redemption like so many seem to be so quick to believe. So I would like to see as much testing as possible - only one 40 PA-player in the entire league, one per team, 3 or 5 per team, the whole league build that way, the differences between 40 and 80 PA and so on, then have the league take a look at it and try and poke holes in it.

To some extent it feels like while this should be an open-ended, data-driven process, the decision has actually already been made by the people who want the switch regardless, whether STHS is still feasible or not, and now the data is being selected to support the conclusions that have already been drawn. I hope I'm wrong about that though and having as much of the data and testing out in the open would be very helpful in countering those assumptions.
I have only done 1 testsim before on a setting of only 3 players being set to 40PA and 99 SC. I feel fairly confident in saying that I have simmed a total of about 5k+ games on whole teams being played with the same build. My main concern wasn't just a few players having a broken build. My main concern was the majority of a team or rather the whole team ( that is actually getting playing time) having a broken build. Coz Hammy had I think a total of 8 players with 40 Passing maybe even more( Owens,Johnson,Michaud,Phelps,Garrett,SLM,Jazz,Miller,Fouquette,Anazbif,?

I'm not a hundred percent sure I understand... So you did one 50-game test sime with the 3 players, the one you posted the screenshot of, and then about 5k+ games where an entire team was built that way or the league was, or a mixture of those things? Any way we can see the results of that, maybe a dedicated thread for all the various amounts of test-simming?

Messages In This Thread
RE: What worries you about switching to FHM? - by RomanesEuntDomus - 11-28-2019, 07:49 PM