Create Account

S51 PT #2 - New Attributes

Hmm, setting a new attribute is not that easy, you have to validate the success or failure of this new attribute. But, i'm going with a new attribute "Star-Power". How much Star-Power a player has within the organisation. These attribute, you don't have to level up, you can't spend TPE on it, you recive it or not. You can get level up on this, if you are a captain of the team, attend the IIHF-Games, winning some trophys with *other* teams and joining a new team, if you have a lot of time on ice or playing in the first line, playing in power play or boxplay, or at least be one of the best scorers in the last season. During the season, your star status can fall down if your team is loosing or nearly at the end of the table. why that, because you are a star, the fans are expected you have to put your team back on track. i think this attribut could be a nice addition to the other attributtes

[Image: sBbbJmN.png]
Thank you @ToeDragon84
[Image: 431fb2-1569327124.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What really intrigues me about a potential change to FHM is the distinction in offensive and defensive attributes compared to STHS and the different archetypes that will emerge from them. Currently we maybe have the distinction between a shoot first and a pass first forward. The new attributes in FHM allow for several different builds for both of these. If you want to make a player that skates into the defense with the puck and takes shots from within the whole offensive zone, you'll want to increase attributes such as puckhandlin, shooting range, offensive read, speed and acceleration. If you want a player who feels at home right next to the crease, you'd have to focus much more on screening, shooting accuracy, balance and strength. FHM actually gives you 8 different categories with a total of 21 subcategories of just forward builds. A lot of them are quite similar, but this gives GMs and coaches a lot of ways to tinker with lines and every player will actually be decent at playing several different roles in a team.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Honestly mental attributes like Bravery and Determination really bring a romanticism that reminds me of warfare in the 19th century. The feeling of noble, rigid, disciplined battle as these men, professional men sally forth, fighting valiantly to put pucks into nets. The blend of pageantry and brutality that this sport is brings about a certain feeling in many of us.

On a more close to realism feeling. How many of us have looked at things we did? Things like goals scored, Hits made, shots blocked, how many of us looked at it and imagined perhaps blasting a slapshot past the goalie? Or crushing the opponent with a nice, clean, open ice hit, maybe it was even a hip check. Or of course VALIENTLY blocking a shot or two and being hobbled but always in the way of play? Mike Izzy mentioned here about the imagination aspect of the SHL and I agree that it will always be there, but wouldn't it be cool if we had some of these mental attributes to build stories and players around?

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

One of the attributes I would definitely add is probably considered more of a joke but it would be 'Chirping'. You could put tpe into chirping and the higher it gets, the better your chirps get and the more you get into your opponents head thus the worse they play. "Eh bud, aren't you an S30? Shouldn't you be at bingo night?" The chirped player then proceeds to whiff on an open net before returning to the bench, slamming his stick and crying himself to sleep that night as buddy's chirping was 99 and not only got into his head for the game but put this man into a mid life crisis. Poor guy will go on to retire at the end of the season. In terms of other stats, I'd like to see checks be able to injure people for the game and possibly a couple games or so after that if the person's checking was high enough and the other person's strength was low enough. Would also be nice to be more specific about things like breaking scoring into slap shots and wrist shots.

Anthony Archer - S49 12th Overall
1x IIHF Silver Medalist (S51)
2x WJC Gold Medalist (S48, S49)
2x Four Star Cup Finalist (S48, S50)
SMJHL: 42G 40A 82P 304HIT // SHL: 17G 17A 34P 326HIT

[Image: AA42.png]

[Image: 7aO0nDU.png]

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

I'd propose a stat known as "Intelligence". The higher the intelligence, the faster they learn, and the less likely they are to randomly screw up in game, and when they do screw up, their mistakes are less bad. This adds an element of randomness to the hockey simulator that I am sure we'll all appreciate and might result in far more realistic scenarios than what we have now. I might as well also propose a one that is randomly selected from 0-100 called the "Bad Day Index" which combined with Intelligence adds another element of randomness. You can be less intelligent and blow the fans away, or you can be more intelligent and have a really awful day on the ice. These two would interact with each other in interesting ways to lead to realistic, exciting times on the ice. Though I can see several negative things with both...

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

There are several attributes I'd like to see used/introduced, but one interesting one I'd be curious to see used (and more importantly how it is used) is leadership. A lot of the attributes used provide clear benefits such as shooting, strength, speed, etc, but leadership is a largely intangible ability that you can't really put on a scale. You either have it or you don't. It would interesting to see how that would effect the sim and more importantly how users would value that attribute. Would some bum with max leadership but zero hands be an effective leader? or an offensive dynamo with less "leadership" but can actually make an impact on the scoreboard be more impactful? It would be an interesting asset to have on your team and it would (hopefully) be somewhat impactful to the sim. I noticed it was actually an attribute on STHS as well, but was removed due to reasons I'm unaware of. I bet it was OP.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

There are so many different attributes, I do not know where to start. I am a defensive defender who focuses on blocking shot and clearing the net, so I guess I am looking at bravely, aggression, and defensive read the most. Though positioning seems like a real cool stat too. Me being the savior of the universe and all, I should be able to knock everyone around and block any shot coming at my goalie. I do like how there are so many choices and how this could solve issues like build similarities. Different stats for skating is cool too, I wish Simon would have more options like this. Ratings are cool too, I guess it means I would have to pick between left defense and right defense and hope I get to play that position. Will that mess up forwards playing back on the power play? All in all I think this is great, I cannot wait to build a player who is strong and able to knock people around with ease while being worth something defensively.

[Image: Vi6nLBN.png]

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

I don't really want to point out any stat in particular, but just the fact that we have more stats to personalize our player builds is going to be a huge improvement. Right now most players in their prime have more or less the same builds, so it's a coinflip in the sim on how they perform. If we were to use FHM we can really make use of our archtype roles for our players. We can finally have real playmakers, real snipers, real two-way defenseman and real leaders. Even shooting left or right can make a difference now in the position you are playing.

It's going to be bit tougher for GM's to build their perfect team with good chemistry, but I think it's also a nice challenge to be a real GM and not just do a draft and deal with contracts. It's going to be interesting to see what the future brings us.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

PBE PT

[Image: szY1Nbi.png]
[Image: vwglei8.png]
Left Winger - Gylfi Eriksson
Update Page  ====  Player Page

PBE PT

With a Sim Engine most likely changing after this season, a cool attribute that I would include in the sim engine is the leadership ability or boost to a team when they are down by a goal or two goals. This will be a randomly triggered attribute as if the Sim engine feels that the team needs a boost. This attribute can make decisions a little easier for GMs when deciding a new captain or new assistant captains for the team. There are many scenarios that this specific attribute can help out a team. Such as being down 3-0 in a series, maybe in one of those games that attribute can be triggered and help the team in certain periods of the series to come back and potentially win the entire series in 7. It can bring unpredictability of the sim to a whole another level but not too much where is bad as the Madden Sim Engine as in a 9-7 team winning the SuperBowl over the heavy favorite 14-2 team.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Some of the attributes in FHM are really interesting. I think the screening attribute is extremely important because it's something you see a lot even in STHS but it just stems from a bunch of things. It affects deflections and in real hockey you have players that get in the goalies' view and try to block their sight. It just adds a lot more realism. I like how skating is not just one attribute, it would be good to add multiple aspects. Like speed and acceleration being separate shows more of an understanding of the mechanics of the game, having a good first step and stride is just as important as your top speed. I would add lots of TPE to both of those attributes, I think they are great secondary attributes that will boost players' skills in that department. Especially the skating attributes, speed is everything in today's hockey but I couldn't neglect acceleration either.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

An interesting attribute that is not in the existing sim engine options would be something along the lines of longevity. If you put your TPE into the longevity attribute it would have a positive impact on how your player was affected by regression. For example, if you had longevity as a strength and had 100 TPE in it or something you would only need to carry out regression each year at 75% of what it is for other players, or something crazy like that. You would have a longer career with your player however, you would be lacking in TPE in other areas for a lot of your career to balance it out. Obviously, this isn’t really something we’re going to find in an engine we go with. It could be carried out outside of the sim as part of our updates on the forum but the task of managing a trait not in an engine and the already existing confusion that seems to happen with updates and regression means it is probably not a great plan.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]