Create Account

Stop the Bias Against non-Photoshop Users

01-01-2020, 08:40 PMRainDelay Wrote:
01-01-2020, 08:19 PMdankoa Wrote: as someone who used to sink hours over the years into making sigs, the current grading system is almost laughable. it’s not even a photoshop vs non photoshop thing, as someone who’s been making sigs for over 4 years II spent at least an hour on this using photoshop and got a fucking 2/5. Not bothered to put a submission in since and won’t until either the current gfx head changes

[Image: wachter.png]

Yeah, agreed. The current system doesn’t reward time and effort in the slightest and is pretty much a joke. I want the 2016-17 system back.
To be fair people complained because truly “effort and time” are impossible to grade. Graders have no idea how much time or effort you put into a sig, asking for people to just assume is off base. While I agree your work isn’t 1/5 it’s impossible to ask a grader to know what exactly you do in the sig. Like take the Seger render, I didn’t even know the dude was a real player and so the ads on a Jersey is asking a grader to go search for the render used to see that the artist erased all the ads, how is a grader supposed to assume that.

What if some truly shitty sig took 3 hours and the artist put effort but it just looks awful, it doesn’t mean it deserves 3/5 or 4/5 when there’s also amazing sigs that maybe took 30-45 mins and should get 4/5. They're not equatable. What needs to be graded is the finished/final piece in its entirety.

Like I said your sigs above aren't 1/5 and I agree with you but asking to also have effort and time added into grading is off base.

If you have two sandwiches and one is amazing and took the chef 30 mins to make as opposed to another one that’s not as good but took 2 hours to make doesn’t mean they’re both amazing sandwiches because the second one put in more work.

Now I understand I’m sitting here and I rarely get 3/5s ever so I shouldn’t talk, but I also usually put an hour and half doing just the render and then about another hour and half to do the sig, but what gets graded is JUST the sig posted, not the psd so graders can see what I did and time stamps.

Graphic grading is very objective and that’s why the arbitration thread is there if you feel the need to contend a grading.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop the Bias Against non-Photoshop Users - by Wasty - 01-01-2020, 10:24 PM