Create Account

Stop the Bias Against non-Photoshop Users

Hey all, I’ve read all the responses and I agree with the sentiment at large here. I understand that the graders don’t see how “the sausage is made” they just see the finished product, and I understand the objective nature of graphics grading.

With that, though, I think @TommySalami hit it on the head. These graphics are made to improve the look and feel of the site and our posts. My signatures certainly do that, as do most of the gfx that are made.

Did I spend 3 hours on one sig? No. Did I have the latest copy of Photoshop at my disposal? No.

But... I am proficient with GIMP and did many things to both the render, the background and the lighting that you could definitely consider “technically sound” and in no world do I deserve a 1/5 for any of my work. I can say that with conviction.

I have messaged the GFX Head privately, and I will also be taking all four to arbitration, and praying that I have a different grader for my next sets, one who will perhaps take a closer look and appreciate everything I did right to make the sigs look nice, because there’s a whole lot of that.

Again, not trying to start any trouble, just wanted to open a discussion about something I found to be unfair. It seems that many of you at the very least understand my issue or agree my work was graded unfairly, so I thank you as well!

Cheers
RD

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop the Bias Against non-Photoshop Users - by RainDelay - 01-02-2020, 01:34 AM